Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Music (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=279)
-   -   The Concert Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/music/7205-concert-thread.html)

Susan Foreman 9th May 2017 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 532594)
I saw at least 5 people in Manchester today wearing their new Maiden tour shirts.

If it's anything like the concerts I used to go to in the 80's, bet they were all under the age of 20!

Demdike@Cult Labs 9th May 2017 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 532611)
If it's anything like the concerts I used to go to in the 80's, bet they were all under the age of 20!

No, i'd say all forty somethings. One chap looked nearer 70.

Susan Foreman 9th May 2017 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 532612)
No, i'd say all forty somethings. One chap looked nearer 70.

He's 18, but obviously had a hard life!

bleakshaun 26th May 2017 02:46 PM

say what you will about Liam Gallagher (i know i have), at least he's doing the right thing

Liam Gallagher to give profits from Manchester solo gig to attack victims

Justin101 26th May 2017 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bleakshaun (Post 535221)
say what you will about Liam Gallagher (i know i have), at least he's doing the right thing

Manchester Ritz? That's a fall from grace!

Rik 26th May 2017 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 535227)
Manchester Ritz? That's a fall from grace!

If his solo stuff is anything like the crap he produced with Beady Eye, he'd be lucky to fill a phonebox :lol:

Dave Boy 28th May 2017 09:26 AM

Just got back from seeing IRON MAIDEN at the 02 last night.

Awesome! :rockon:

gag 28th May 2017 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bleakshaun (Post 535221)

Also

Ariana Grande 'offers to pay Manchester victims' funerals' | Daily Mail Online

Susan Foreman 28th May 2017 11:09 AM

It would appear that Ariana Grande has not actually confirmed this, and it is questionable as to whether it is genuine or not

Did Ariana Grande Offer to Pay for the Funerals of the Manchester Bombing Victims?

"On 24 May 2017, the @ ArianaDailyWW Twitter account (also known as Ariana Updates!) posted the claim that the singer had contacted the families of those who died in a bomb attack at her 22 May concert in Manchester, England, and offered to pay for the victims’ funerals....We contacted Ariana Grande’s spokesperson, but did not receive a response to our queries. So the claim could not be definitively confirmed...However, it’s worth noting that the source of the claim was a fan page that is not affiliated with the artist or her management in any way. The claim was not made via the Twitter account of Ariana Grande herself, her official news account, or her management team....Furthermore, @ ArianaDailyWW has a record of posting claims and rumors, some of which later turn out not to be true."

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 28th May 2017 11:18 AM

That's exactly why Wikipedia will not accept the Daily Mail (or its online equivalent) as a source for information.