Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   My Dear Killer (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=500)
-   -   SHAM011 - My Dear Killer (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/my-dear-killer/185-sham011-my-dear-killer.html)

JAMIOUSE 11th February 2008 06:44 PM

My Dear Killer - Uncut?

With My Dear Killer is coming in March I was wondering if it's going to be fully uncut? In terms of violence there isn't much to censor but there is the scene with the naked child, is that causing any problems? Not that I want to see naked kids of course, I was just wondering how the BBFC are handling it.

Angel 11th February 2008 07:43 PM

It was cut last time by the BBFC by 4s in 1998, perhaps that's what they cut? If it wasn't then they probably wouldn't make that particular cut this time. Yeah it will be interesting to see if it passes uncut.

Almar@Cult Labs 11th February 2008 08:29 PM

Interesting point... I have no idea where we're at with the BBFC on that one - will find out!

Marc Morris 11th February 2008 09:25 PM

I'm sure it will sail through now.

Almar@Cult Labs 11th February 2008 09:38 PM

Well I'm having an extra glass of wine just in case!

vincenzo 17th March 2008 04:33 PM

Treat yourself to the bottle Almar. It made it. http://shameless-films.com/forums/im...coolgleamA.gif

My Dear Killer (click on General Remarks)

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 17th March 2008 07:13 PM

Gets better as the Shameless revolution rolls on and on.......;)

Absurd 17th March 2008 08:21 PM

If it's made it uncut, why the discrepancy with the running times? The Redemption release states a 19 second longer runtime and that has been cut.

Marc Morris 17th March 2008 08:23 PM

Different opening and end credits, that's all.

Absurd 17th March 2008 08:25 PM

Shit fire that was quick! :)

RobbieD 20th March 2008 02:15 PM

The cover on Amazon looks fantastic, is this the reverse? if so, I think it would look great as the actual cover...

Almar@Cult Labs 20th March 2008 04:20 PM

SHAM011 - My Dear Killer

Thanks to eagle-eyed Robbie spotting our final My Dear Killer sleeve on Amazon we'd better let you see what we've cooked up!

First though I've noticed some people expressing concern that our version of My Dear Killer runs about 20 seconds shorter than the old Redemption VHS.

The good news as confirmed by Marc Morris who assembled the Shameless version of MDK is that our cut is shorter by about 20 secs purely because our credits sequence is shorter.

What you will get from the Shameless MDK is:

- The film fully uncut for the first time in the UK :)
- 12 seconds of pure gore not in the submitted Redemption version :ack:

= more gore for all!

and now for the Shameless front sleeve:

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/f...SHAM011_01.jpg

and then the classic artwork reverse - and by the way the film is a lot more exciting than this suggests!

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/f...SHAM011_02.jpg

RobbieD 20th March 2008 05:30 PM

Glad that that's the front cover, I thought it could have been the reverse one!! Fantastic artwork. Was it specially drawn or taken from another My Dear Killer poster? I think for the first time us "reverse cover-ers" may stick to the front. :p

Stephen@Cult Labs 20th March 2008 06:12 PM

Yeah the reverse cover isn't so hot this time but the main one is sweet.Another one to add to the collection :D

Sarah@Cult Labs 20th March 2008 06:15 PM

Love the front cover! The back cover makes it look a tad dull!

The front is very classy considering it has a buzz saw on it!

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 20th March 2008 11:25 PM

Superb artwork almar,absolutely stunning;)

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 20th March 2008 11:32 PM

Can't wait for this.......:)

vincenzo 21st March 2008 11:42 AM

Have sent in update to the IMDB with information on the new Shameless release (uncut, extra footage etc). Hopefully this will be added shortly.

herman 21st March 2008 01:18 PM

The interesting thing about this one is it strays ever so slightly into the "Horror Section" of hmv territory- so may pick up more interest from the casual browser there.

It also has a wonderful early 80s video nasty feel to the artwork, or at least golden era vhs. Like it.

vipco 22nd March 2008 03:24 PM

I actually like both covers, I dont know why I like the reverse one as its a bit dull, buts theres something about it that appeals to me.
This is gonna be one of those releases that i'll be stuck on which cover to go with.

bedorca 22nd March 2008 06:46 PM

I love both covers. Talk about two sides to every story!!!! :cool:

snipsmovies 15th April 2008 07:40 PM

What's the movie the nubile young lady is watching in her apartment ?

Anyone know ? Looks like a spag.west

RobbieD 16th April 2008 04:03 PM

Watched My Dear Killer earlier... and enjoyed it. Its more of a crime-thriller than a gory horror as the cover suggests; it's in the style of Poirot, complete with traditional group summary at the end. I'm a big fan of Agatha Christie so the whodunnit aspect gets a thumbs up from me. This is the kind of movie you'd see Sunday afternoon on BBC2, with a bit of trimming, of course! Kept me watching & worth the purchase, recommended. 7.5/10:popcorn:

bedorca 19th April 2008 05:33 PM

Loved My Dear Killer. Great storyline, fab ending, inventive deaths!, etc.etc.
Another worthy addition to the Shameless catalogue
Ratman for me tonight!!! :cool:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 19th April 2008 05:57 PM

My Dear Killer at a screen near me tonight!

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 21st April 2008 10:59 PM

Watched it tonight.....thoroughly entertaining.....was pissing myself laughing at the opening murder where the guy gets lifted by the digger...:D:D
Another grand job by shameless..........:cool:

James Morton 30th April 2008 12:15 PM

My Dear Killer confusion

I know of course the dvd is fully uncut. and according to IMDB, MY DEAR KILLER has an additional 12 seconds of gore than the previous Redemption dvd. I would like to know if the R2 dvd is the same as the R1 from SHRIEK SHOW, because I read in IS IT UNCUT? magazine some time ago, that the R1 dvd has the opening scenes wrong. The credits should show before the first murder or something. You did an excellent job on TORSO because this version is the correct one, as the R1 from Anchor Bay has their opening scenes wrong!

Jonny 30th April 2008 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Morton (Post 4451)
I know of course the dvd is fully uncut. and according to IMDB, MY DEAR KILLER has an additional 12 seconds of gore than the previous Redemption dvd. I would like to know if the R2 dvd is the same as the R1 from SHRIEK SHOW

Here you go James, have a read of this...

http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/content.php?contentid=67460

Marc Morris 30th April 2008 03:48 PM

Need you ask ;-)

The credits are in the correct order on the Shameless disc.

On the Shameless version the first murder happens before the opening credits.

The Media Blasters disc messes things up by playing them before the first murder.

Another reason to grab the Shameless disc I would say.

Marc

VideoFluffyBunny 30th April 2008 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Morton (Post 4451)
I know of course the dvd is fully uncut. and according to IMDB, MY DEAR KILLER has an additional 12 seconds of gore than the previous Redemption dvd. I would like to know if the R2 dvd is the same as the R1 from SHRIEK SHOW, because I read in IS IT UNCUT? magazine some time ago, that the R1 dvd has the opening scenes wrong. The credits should show before the first murder or something. You did an excellent job on TORSO because this version is the correct one, as the R1 from Anchor Bay has their opening scenes wrong!

Hmmmmmm so why did the AB version get it so wrong then ?

Marc Morris 30th April 2008 04:04 PM

What AB version? You mean the Media Blasters version?

VideoFluffyBunny 30th April 2008 04:13 PM

[Quote] the R1 from Anchor Bay has their opening scenes wrong! [Quote]

That R1 version above ?

Marc Morris 30th April 2008 04:18 PM

He's referring to TORSO.

VideoFluffyBunny 30th April 2008 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc Morris (Post 4481)
He's referring to TORSO.

So was I :) So to my question why did the AB R1 get it so wrong then ?

vincenzo 30th April 2008 04:43 PM

The thread subject is the Shameless release of My Dear Killer. Can we stay on it.

Torso has it's own thread here

bedorca 30th April 2008 05:33 PM

I'm confused now!! ;)

VideoFluffyBunny 30th April 2008 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vincenzo (Post 4488)
The thread subject is the Shameless release of My Dear Killer. Can we stay on it.

Torso has it's own thread here

OOPS!! Sorry the query was there so I asked as it was not asked on the Torso thread,so I have asked on there instead.:)

Sarah@Cult Labs 20th May 2008 12:38 PM

Finally got a chance to watch My Dear Killer last night. Thought it was aces! Especially loved the Agatha Christie style ending.

But the most amazing bit is yet to come. As some of the more long-standing forum members will know, it's been an uphill struggle for me to get my other half to share my love of exploitation and horror. But last night, he watched and liked My Dear Killer! :woot:

It was an amazing moment that we shared...

So, MDK gets the thumbs up from me!

herman 24th May 2008 01:01 PM

Terrible Western? My Dear Killer

I am halfway through watching my dear killer an I have to stop it now to go to the shops, at about 40 minutes the teacher say "come in, I am watching some terrible western on television"-

now that woman has lost my respect.

she is watching Django, one of the greatest, and most influential of all the westerns- one that spawned dozens of unofficial sequels.

anyhow, I just want to say this film is an absolute delight, thank you again shameless, I am looking forward to watching the second half after I come back from the shops with some ice cream. but that teacher is so wrong about the western.

herman 24th May 2008 01:06 PM

oooo I think it was an in joke. The film was written by Jos? Guti?rrez Maesso
who also wrote Django. Very clever.