Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > The Shameless Collection > Night Train Murders
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th February 2008, 08:35 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

At this rate our releases on Amazon are going to start looking popular

Amazingly the pre-orders for Ratman are higher and I think it's all down to NTM not having a sleeve on there - I don't know how many times I've asked!
Old 27th February 2008, 10:05 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almar@Shameless View Post
Big thank you to anyone who can find time to leave reviews on sales sites for Shameless titles - lovely review on Amazon there by Reaper for Night Train Murders. I wish they'd put up a bloody image of the cover!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Night-Train-...4145412&sr=1-1

Can't win 'em all it seems but yes back in 2001 it's pretty safe to say NTM would not have got through.

What I'm now wondering with all the recent hoo ha is if it would have got through right now at the BBFC and with this in mind it's making us think about some of the titles we're pondering bringing out...
Haven't got NTM yet (fingers crossed comp-wise) but I'll post reviews to NYR, Killer Nun, Torso, POD, Flavia & Venus on Amazon pretty soon.

I don't think NTM would have been rejected in 2001 but it would definitely have received cuts. Some of the former zombie-style nasties were making it through intact but the rape/slashers were still having problems (Maniac being a perfect example - twice rejected previously and even then only passed with almost 1 min of cuts). Even Death Wish was cut in 2000 and not released intact until 2006.

I can't see too many future Shameless releases having major problems with the BBFC. Murder Set Pieces didn't really stand a chance anyway given the child murder theme. Now and again the BBFC might make an example of a film but they mainly seem to be particularly notorious titles. Unless Shameless decide to release House On The Edge Of The Park or The Beast In Heat then I wouldn't worry too much.

Last edited by vincenzo; 28th February 2008 at 12:05 PM.
Old 28th February 2008, 11:37 AM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

NYR and Killer Nun reviews posted on Amazon.
Old 28th February 2008, 01:32 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Amazingly the pre-orders for Ratman are higher and I think it's all down to NTM not having a sleeve on there - I don't know how many times I've asked!
That "Night Train" cover is just so grooovyyy, it SHOULD make a direct impact

Hmmm....unlike with "Flavia" I might keep the new sleeve visible for starters when it finally arrives here in Helsinki.
Old 28th February 2008, 06:13 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincenzo View Post
NYR and Killer Nun reviews posted on Amazon.
Good stuff mate
Old 2nd March 2008, 06:05 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I see that dvdtimes has a (fairly) favourable review of the Shameless release of Night Train Murders up on the site

http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/content.php?contentid=67143
Old 2nd March 2008, 08:06 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Watched it last night....hadn't seen it since bu released it....congrats guys,great looking transfer and decent sound ....enjoyed this film a lot more than when i first seen it.....oh and by the way It's currently sitting on the shelf under late night trains with the reverse art showing....superb!
VIOLENZA
Old 4th March 2008, 07:47 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Yeah I like the reverse art but it was never going to make it onto the front. Old bastard in a cardigan with a gun doesn't sell... Hang on what am I saying - there's Rambo!
Old 4th March 2008, 08:12 PM
Active Cultist

Funny thing is Almar, the old bastard stalking about the woods in his cardie with a shotgun is absolutely iconic- up there with frigga complete with eyepatch and sawn off in the final showdown of Thriller/One Eye.

One thing I wanted to comment on was the way the eerie harmonica sound combined with the sound of the train to make a delightful and creepy score.

Great release from Shameless!

My blog has moved house: Italian Film Review Blog
Old 5th March 2008, 07:20 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Yeah I like the reverse art but it was never going to make it onto the front. Old bastard in a cardigan with a gun doesn't sell... Hang on what am I saying - there's Rambo!
Or fat bastard in a cardigan for Steven SEAL gal

Like this? Share it using the links below!