Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > The Shameless Collection > The Nurse
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree109Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th November 2017, 11:15 AM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Sullivan did a deal with the owners of the Moulin cinema that as long as the film took above x amount each week they would have to show it the following week.
I remember it was promoted as having lots of sex in it when in fact it has very little.
Old 28th November 2017, 01:38 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSurfer View Post
I remember it was promoted as having lots of sex in it when in fact it has very little.
There were hardcore inserts but i can't remember if they were shown in this country or for France, and i can't be bothered to look it up in Simon Sheridan's book.
Old 28th November 2017, 02:51 PM
Ex-member

Quote:
There were hardcore inserts but i can't remember if they were shown in this country or for France, and i can't be bothered to look it up in Simon Sheridan's book.
It was for overseas Dem.

Here is some info...

Two versions of Come Play with Me were prepared by David Sullivan's Roldvale company:

The BBFC were given the "soft" version and they censored that print. The hardcore print was never seen by the BBFC, as it was never intended for distribution in the UK.

1) The hardcore version for overseas markets

2) The British version - without hardcore - which was submitted to the BBFC, and then trimmed in order to receive an 'X' rating. Most British sex films were routinely cut.

Here is the list of scenes cut by the BBFC for an X cert before it was pre edited by the film makers and this is the version still now.

Reel 3 - Shot of woman astride a man to massage him in which her vulva is visible from behind was removed.

Reel 4 - Cabaret dancer's act was considerably reduced to remove initial writhing and caressing of her groin over G-string, her writhing alone in 'riding' copulatory movement, the CU of her pubic as she pours liquid over herself, and the shot of her wide-open legs as she covers vulva with her hand.
As Clapworthy urinates into wash basin, initial thrusting shots of man copulating with woman on massage couch were removed.

Reel 9 - In the copulation scene at the beginning of the reel (before Rodney and Christine's eating sex scene), all shots of his buttocks thrusting between her legs and her legs wrapped round him were removed.

In a later sex scene (after Rodney and Christine's food scene), woman's dialogue line "Go down harder" and sight of him performing cunnilingus on her were removed. Her head reaction orgasm remained.

Here is some more info...

Sullivan saw Come Play With Me as a chance to turn his then-girlfriend and magazine cover girl Mary Millington into a film star, as well as an opportunity for some cross-media marketing. Sullivan's magazines like Playbirds and Whitehouse are seen/referenced throughout the film, but it was with promoting the film through his magazines that Sullivan really came into his own. Months before the film's release Sullivan’s readers were promised Come Play with Me would be 'the British Deep Throat’ and would ‘make Linda Lovelace look like Noddy'. To add credibility to these claims, photo shoots that were only a few shades away from hardcore were published in Sullivan’s magazines and claimed to be stills from the upcoming film, whereas in fact they bore little resemblance to anything in Come Play With Me. A fixture in these photo shoots was hardcore actor Timothy Blackstone, sometimes billed in the articles as “Randy Buck, Esquire”. In spite of this exposure Blackstone does not appear in the actual film.

The hype for Come Play with Me also spread to the letter pages of Sullivan’s magazine, a fan letter of dubious authenticity (as it refers to scenes that don’t appear in the film) from “Bert U” to Mary Millington in Whitehouse, no.27 claims “Dear Mary, I must congratulate you on your film Come Play with Me, I found it screamingly funny and very sexy as well…I loved every randy moment… everyone was so natural, and Henry McGhee (sic) as the PM was superb.” The letter also goes on to falsely claim that the actor Roy Kinnear appears in the film and that “(Roy) looked like a Roman Emperor in the swimming pool scene. I‘ll bet it took him all his time to keep his towel on during rehearsals for the film… it looked to me, Mary, as though you were f****d rigid during the film”.

The original film stock of Come Play with Me was sourced from David Sullivan's official film archive in Barking but a collector in Westcliffe-On-Sea is supposed to have the hardcore scenes but to this day it has never been seen other than an error showing in London.

Hope that helps?
Old 28th November 2017, 05:24 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
It's the worst example i've seen to date, yet it's the most heralded.

Cornelius Clapworthy says..

george-harrison-marks-04.jpg

"I say Dem, this is most irregular"
Old 28th November 2017, 08:04 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshuaKaitlyn View Post
Quite liked the 'Confessions of...' series with Robin Askwith
Can't beat the 'Confessions' series.

'Bout time those and the 'Adventures' films had a bd release.

Confessions is owned by Columbia,so imagine what PH could do with a boxset!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (49.9 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (52.1 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (69.3 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 4.jpg (43.1 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 5.jpg (67.7 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg 6.jpg (67.9 KB, 5 views)

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 28th November 2017, 08:43 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Wouldn't mind seeing some of Edwige Fenech's sex comedies on BD!
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 28th November 2017, 09:22 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Blade View Post
Wouldn't mind seeing some of Edwige Fenech's sex comedies on BD!
Wouldn't mind seeing them on English friendly anything with a decent print.

I have three teacher ones in a set but the quality is less than great.
Old 29th November 2017, 08:00 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Unlike her gialli, i heard that these type of films weren't great sellers.

I think the US company, Mya, put a couple out on dvd a while back. But they haven't been around for ages now.

Maybe 88 Films could test the waters? I'd buy them.
Old 29th November 2017, 08:09 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Blade View Post
Unlike her gialli, i heard that these type of films weren't great sellers.

I think the US company, Mya, put a couple out on dvd a while back. But they haven't been around for ages now.

Maybe 88 Films could test the waters? I'd buy them.
This was the one i got.

nosferatu42 likes this.
Old 29th November 2017, 08:19 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

There are loads of Fenech's comedies available at around a fiver, just not English friendly.

Like this? Share it using the links below!