Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   The CRITERION DVD and Blu-ray Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/10082-criterion-dvd-blu-ray-thread.html)

Rob4 13th February 2018 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BAKA (Post 565907)
The US Criterion Flash Sale is go, for anyone partaking, with the help of a re-shipper. I picked up what I was hoping to. I wish I could afford a few more though (Silence Of The Lambs, Breakfast Club).

just out of interest, which re-shipper do you use?

BAKA 13th February 2018 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob4 (Post 565944)
just out of interest, which re-shipper do you use?

Shipito. A few people here use it, I believe. It can be a bit overwhelming at first, so many options, but I've found the California address perfect, (located close to an airport for fast shipping and able to offer the cheaper AirMail option).

Rob4 14th February 2018 08:06 AM

how often do criterion have flash sales? i think i've burned my budget this month to take part in this one but if i had an idea when they are on i can make sure i've got some money aside for the next one.

BAKA 14th February 2018 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob4 (Post 565975)
how often do criterion have flash sales? i think i've burned my budget this month to take part in this one but if i had an idea when they are on i can make sure i've got some money aside for the next one.

Twice a year. October is the next one.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 14th February 2018 11:54 AM

I tend to import most of my US Criterions via WOWHD.

They generally go for around £18 delivered during sale periods and because Wow re-ship within Europe there are no customs charges, plus they usually arrive in about a week too.

Justin101 16th February 2018 11:55 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This is not mine, it was on Twitter.
I'm looking forward to getting mine, only a week-ish to go :)

Nostalgic 17th February 2018 04:39 PM

Cannot wait!!! That & Der Todesking (along with 3 vestron titles) all out on 26/02, expensive release day!

Stephen@Cult Labs 18th February 2018 09:10 PM

Ewwwww, digipak. Same with Silence Of The Lambs. [emoji107]

J Harker 18th February 2018 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 566506)
Ewwwww, digipak. Same with Silence Of The Lambs. [emoji107]

Awesome. Loves me a good digipak.

Demdike@Cult Labs 18th February 2018 10:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 566509)
Awesome. Loves me a good digipak.

Do you really?

I don't. A few years down the line when the edges become scuffed through no fault of our own.

I try my best to keep the cellophane on any cardboard packaged dvd's but that one looks impossible.

I've just crumpled the ones below, cellophane i mean, so you can see i'm not telling porkies. A craft knife is a dvd collectors best friend. :lol: