Like Tree1221Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th April 2010, 12:19 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Exciting!
Old 16th April 2010, 01:05 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Funny, while hunting the UK and the US for DVDs, I finally have found thei site and must see the excitement about soem German DVDs which I try to avoid, on the one hand they tend to be extremely overpriced due to the fact that uncut versions are hard to come by and on the other hand, there seem to be way too many people who insist on a dubbed version, another thing I detest. The companies milk these people and I do not want to support that. I also do not like these hardboxes, they are just a waste of space to me...

But anyway, whenever you are unsure about any German DVD, you can ask me and I'll see what I may know or can find out, because too many of these releases can be of sub-standard quality or they may be cut, feel free to PM me if you are unsure, I'll gladly help fellow fans! The Woodoo DVD earlier seems to be good though.
Old 16th April 2010, 02:35 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Well, as a German I really do enjoy those 70's/80's German dubs for exploitation movies, particularly those which landed on that over-sized list of films "banned in Germany" during the 80's VHS witchhunts, like "Mother's Day", "Anthropophagus", "A Bay of Blood", "Tenebrae", "Dawn of the Dead", "Phantasm" etc.
Sometimes- like in the case of "House on the Edge of the Park"- those German dubs are even sleazier/nastier than the English language version, featuring actors/voices, which would later become celebrities and/or regular dubbing voices for big Hollywood stars, adding that extra flavour to the likes of "Last House on the Left" etc.
It's neat getting so many of them on shiny discs as the original video tapes are both, expensive and often barely usable by now.

@Roughale: I fully agree regarding the over-pricing of some of those Austrian/Swiss releases!
The silly limitations on those seemingly endless "rare" re-releases of cherished fan favourites DO get annoying after a while.
Disagree about the hartboxes though, particularly considering that I rarely find any fancy packaging on Scandinavian releases over here in Helsinki.
Old 16th April 2010, 03:55 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Seems many German dvd collectors have actually become box collectors and love the limited boxes.
The companies only provide these for them I guess.
It is a bit ridiculous for a dvd collector to own several repacks of the same dvd but for a box collector it makes sense I guess...
There's also a strong retro movement in Germany who ask for retro covers and even retro packaging to be released.
Resulting in vhs boxes (like a hardbox but thicker) and big vhs glassboxes being produced for dvd's.
CMV was even toying with the idea of including a real vhs tape!

Thanks for the offer Roughale,will certainly do!
About the Woodoo release,I know it's a good release on regular dvd but I was wondering if they wouldn't have compressed the data to get everything on such a little disc?

Last edited by bdc; 16th April 2010 at 04:34 PM.
Old 16th April 2010, 04:29 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdc View Post
It is a bit ridiculous for a dvd collector to own several repacks of the same dvd but for a box collector it makes sense I guess...
There's also a strong retro movement in Germany who ask for retro covers and even retro packaging to be released.

Very true indeed- and with some of them it's getting harder and harder to resist besides my serious attempts to limit double dipping only to the most cherished genre titles
Old 16th April 2010, 04:42 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye View Post
Wifey rang me at work this morning to let me know that she was rudely awakened by the Royal Mail delivering a parcel... it should be a small order from DTM that I've been waiting months for them to dispatch, with any luck!

Will post piccies tonight if it is.

Yep 'twas them:

Blood Diner: Dragon Digipak

The Church: '84 release No. 37 of 111

Eye of the Evil Dead (Manhattan Baby): '84 release No. 36 of 222

Old 16th April 2010, 05:00 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Lovely new arrivals BE!
Two 84's (great cover for Eye of the Evil Dead!) and a Dragon digi now that's pretty cool.
Blood Diner is a personal favorite overhere!
Old 16th April 2010, 05:10 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdc View Post
Lovely new arrivals BE!
Two 84's (great cover for Eye of the Evil Dead!) and a Dragon digi now that's pretty cool.
Blood Diner is a personal favorite overhere!
Cheers b.

I got Blood Diner on your recommendation!
Old 16th April 2010, 05:40 PM
Active Cultist

I've just noticed that the Night of the Demon hardbox has finally been released after months of delays.
Old 16th April 2010, 06:17 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I LOVE that box for The Church!!! Love it!

Like this? Share it using the links below!