Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   The 88 Films Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/11297-88-films-thread.html)

Stephen@Cult Labs 26th May 2017 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 534931)
I like the reverse art for I Drink Your Blood - I don't think anyone has posted it. As Stephen pointed out - no logos!

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....yL._SY445_.jpg

I think they might have changed their minds now, both sides on One Dark Night has the Vault logo.

Demdike@Cult Labs 26th May 2017 04:12 PM

One Dark Night is awful...until the last half hour... then it's quite brilliant.

Demdike@Cult Labs 26th May 2017 04:14 PM

Not sure why it's an 18 rating. It's usually a PG. Must be trailers for other films perhaps.

Susan Foreman 26th May 2017 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 532733)
"Slasher Classics Number 30 is here!!!

Never released uncut in the UK before - TOOLBOX MURDERS stars the legendary Cameron Mitchell (BLOOD AND BLACK LACE) as a balaclava-clad badman who stalks and splatters a number of nubile and frequently nude young ladies across a Hollywood apartment block. Included in the vixen-victims is the legendary adult star Kelly Nichols (ROOMMATES) who is turned into a human pin cushion by our unapologetically evil antagonist. Banned as a video nasty in the UK, TOOLBOX MURDERS would be remade by the legendary Tobe Hooper (THE TEXAS CHAIN SAW MASSACRE) in 2004, but nothing beats this original nightmare which, along with HALLOWEEN, heralded a new era of slice and dice madness in the late 1970s. Finally unleashed in HD by 88 Films in an all-new special edition, this gore gem is ready to drill and thrill you in a brilliant BluRay edition."

"Very excited to mention that our extras work on TOOLBOX MURDERS gets underway today with a new interview with horror historian and friend of Cameron Mitchell, Mr David Del Valle!"

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 26th May 2017 04:43 PM

Already sold the BU disc!

Demdike@Cult Labs 29th May 2017 07:17 PM

2 Attachment(s)
In this instance i definitely prefer the dvd artwork to the blu.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 29th May 2017 09:32 PM

I've had shipping confirmation email for The Long Hair of Death, Body Puzzle and Just Before Dawn.

jnfernal 30th May 2017 09:38 AM

Hello to all! I am new here and I'm from Italy

Do you know which one of these Blu Ray has forced subs and which ones not?

1) Body Puzzle/Mysteria
2) The long hair of death
3) Watch me when I kill/Il gatto dagli occhi di giada
4) The perfume of the lady in black/Il profumo della signora in nero
5) La bestia uccide a sangue freddo/Cold blooded beast
6) Ironmaster/La guerra del ferro - Vindicator

As I wouldn't like to buy those with forced ones. Unfortunately it's not easy to get such informations

thanx

Justin101 30th May 2017 11:00 AM

As far as I know none of the 88 Films BDs have forced subs, the ones I have I can switch off with my remote.

trebor8273 30th May 2017 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 535625)
As far as I know none of the 88 Films BDs have forced subs, the ones I have I can switch off with my remote.

exactly what i think, all the ones i have dont have forced subs, so i cant see later releases having them

was thinking of getting these from there site

HIDE AND GO SHRIEK
THE LONG HAIR OF DEATH

and Mountaintop Motel Massacre which is £15 cheaper on DVD!

edit

a lot of the DVD versions are only £5, strangely im tempted st this price to get them on DVD rather than BLU, as some of the slasher collection are pretty poor quality on blu and cant see their being a big diffence

jnfernal 30th May 2017 03:32 PM

As far as I know these BR have forced subs for the italian audio track:

1) Night train murders
2) Anthropophagous (first edition)
3) A blade in the dark
4) Massacre in dinosaur valley
5) The bloodstained shadow
6) Live like a cop, die like a man

I don't have these 6 above, but it was confirmed by people who bought them that subs are forced.

There is an active topic on an italian forum and the titles I asked in my first topic are the only ones not checked checked yet.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 30th May 2017 03:56 PM

As far as I can see, none of the 88 Films' discs have forced subtitles because, regardless of which language track you have on, the subtitles can be turned off with the remote control.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 30th May 2017 05:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 535583)
In this instance i definitely prefer the dvd artwork to the blu.

Hopefully this is the reverse!

Justin101 30th May 2017 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 535662)
As far as I can see, none of the 88 Films' discs have forced subtitles because, regardless of which language track you have on, the subtitles can be turned off with the remote control.

I just checked A Blade in the Dark and Night Train Murders, and it's true, they've been authored in a way that the 2 audio streams are as separate features so you can't switch between the two, and when you select Italian you can't turn the subtitles off. I'm pretty sure that they no longer do this. I don't have time to check other discs though.

None of those listed above have come out yet have they? So no-one will know for sure until they do.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 30th May 2017 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 535669)
I just checked A Blade in the Dark and Night Train Murders, and it's true, they've been authored in a way that the 2 audio streams are as separate features so you can't switch between the two, and when you select Italian you can't turn the subtitles off. I'm pretty sure that they no longer do this. I don't have time to check other discs though.

None of those listed above have come out yet have they? So no-one will know for sure until they do.

That's interesting. I suppose the misunderstanding is because I have never tried to turn off the English subtitles when watching with the Italian audio; as I don't speak Italian, it's not something I have considered doing.

Demdike@Cult Labs 30th May 2017 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 535670)
That's interesting. I suppose the misunderstanding is because I have never tried to turn off the English subtitles when watching with the Italian audio; as I don't speak Italian, it's not something I have considered doing.

Naughty Nosferatu giving wrong information. :lol:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 30th May 2017 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 535678)

It's what happens when you assume!

plasterface 30th May 2017 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 535678)

Dont miss the naked truth about naughty Nos only in the news of the world tomorrow

Gold6082 31st May 2017 04:24 PM

Recieved the latest 4 88 releases today. Dawn,perfume,puzzle and hair.

Looking forward to them, 3 are upgrades from dvd blu in case of Dawn, hair is completely new to me.

JAMIOUSE 31st May 2017 06:33 PM

Long Hair, Puzzle and Dawn arrived with me today as well, now which one do I view first as I've never seen Long Hair, vaguely remember Dawn and have the Raro dvd of Puzzle which I watched on receiving it years ago...

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 31st May 2017 08:21 PM

I also received the three newest releases, none of which I have seen but am really looking forward to watching over the next few days, twice if you include the commentary on Just Before Dawn.

Susan Foreman 2nd June 2017 12:59 PM

"A #tiny announcement for Friday!!

Prolific B-movie maverick Bill Rebane (THE GIANT SPIDER INVASION) opted for some contemporary 'real world' horror carnage and caught wind of the slice and dice craze with his classic BLOOD HARVEST (1987). Unleashed at a time when the slasher movie was awash with sequels, BLOOD HARVEST stood out thanks to a lunatic performance from Tiny Tim (the legendary American television personality who offers up a creepy and instantly-cult sing-song scene as well). Featuring a masked man on the rampage, twists and turns that will keep you glued to the gore and a final reel that packs in plenty of sadism and shocks, BLOOD HARVEST gets its HD worldwide premiere from the celluloid plasma-addicts at 88 Films!!!

The harvest has begun... and the pre-orders will be live soon!

Special features tbc"

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0...51&oe=59AD6AD0

Stephen@Cult Labs 2nd June 2017 01:12 PM

Never heard of it.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 2nd June 2017 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 536049)
Never heard of it.

Me neither, but that's been the case with quite a few from the Slasher, Italian, and (all of) the Asia collections. I don't think I've been disappointed by any of the releases (there have been some which are second, third or fourth tier films, so I knew what I was getting) and, because I like to broaden my horizons, will buy this when it's available.

fuzzymctiger 2nd June 2017 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 536049)
Never heard of it.

Neither but I'm sold on both artworks, Tiny Tim, and clowns

Rik 2nd June 2017 01:24 PM

I've heard of it, pretty sure it's in one of my slasher books, but I've never seen it

Demdike@Cult Labs 2nd June 2017 02:59 PM

Some classic when no one's ever heard of it. :lol:

They should really drop the word classics from the range title. :pound:

Susan Foreman 2nd June 2017 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 536074)
Some classic when no one's ever heard of it. :lol:

They should really drop the word classics from the range title. :pound:

NO doubt it's going to be a forthcoming 'BIG ANNOUNCEMENT' from 88Films regarding a new sub-label

In addition to:
  • 88 Vault
  • 88 Asia
  • Slashers Collection
  • Italian Collection
  • Ted V. Mikels Collection
  • Grindhouse Collection
  • Cult Cinema Collection

we will get the 'I-saw-this-once-on-VHS-back-in-the-80's,-but-no-one-else-has-ever-heard-of-it,-but-it's-a-really-good-film' collection

bleakshaun 2nd June 2017 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 536076)
NO doubt it's going to be a forthcoming 'BIG ANNOUNCEMENT' from 88Films regarding a new sub-label

In addition to:
  • 88 Vault
  • 88 Asia
  • Slashers Collection
  • Italian Collection
  • Ted V. Mikels Collection
  • Grindhouse Collection
  • Cult Cinema Collection

we will get the 'I-saw-this-once-on-VHS-back-in-the-80's,-but-no-one-else-has-ever-heard-of-it,-but-it's-a-really-good-film' collection

they should be marketing this to the hipsters "it's not mainstream so it's good"

Rik 2nd June 2017 03:27 PM

I don't think it really matters if nobody has heard of it, there's plenty of people who'll buy anything they put out regardless of what it is :lol:

Demdike@Cult Labs 2nd June 2017 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 536080)
I don't think it really matters if nobody has heard of it, there's plenty of people who'll buy anything they put out regardless of what it is :lol:

Don't know what you mean. https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/ava...ine=1293888045

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 2nd June 2017 05:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Anyone recognize it now?

Stephen@Cult Labs 2nd June 2017 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 536126)
Anyone recognize it now?

Nope.

Demdike@Cult Labs 2nd June 2017 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 536133)
Nope.

Killjoy 5: Blood Harvest is it's US title. ;)

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 2nd June 2017 08:53 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 536133)
Nope.

It was released on the shitty Screen Entertainment label and was heavily cut on vhs.

It was one of those scrape the barrel labels which usually sat on the bottom shelf or arse-end of a discount basket in every Woolworths in Scotland.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZMLoWO0aYQ

But,hey-it was a revolution and Shameless,Arrow and 88 owe all their success to them as they released the sellthru with double sided artwork!!!

I think the only label prior to this to do this was VTC.

88 Has actually used both sides of the vhs tape!:clap:

And anyway,if anyone can sit through Killjoy and it's sequels,then this will be a walk in the park.:lol:

plasterface 2nd June 2017 10:02 PM

blood harvest

the whole film is on youtube and is nothing special

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 3rd June 2017 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 536080)

Someone mention my name? ;)

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 3rd June 2017 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plasterface (Post 536162)
the whole film is on youtube and is nothing special

Yeah I reckon someone's stuck it in a 2 for 1 deal,or similar with the Toolbox Murders! :lol:

Make Them Die Slowly 3rd June 2017 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 536126)
Anyone recognize it now?

I really like it but I am a big Tiny Tim fan. It is an average rural slasher at best otherwise. I have a US release, can't remember the label, that has some nice Tiny Tim extras.

Demdike@Cult Labs 3rd June 2017 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly (Post 536241)
I really like it but I am a big Tiny Tim fan. It is an average rural slasher at best otherwise. I have a US release, can't remember the label, that has some nice Tiny Tim extras.

Tiny Tim?

What the dickens are you on about?