Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   The 88 Films Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/11297-88-films-thread.html)

JAMIOUSE 1st May 2015 10:24 AM

Well that is certainly a shock, I was never expecting Experiment Camp to a UK release let alone on Blu! Whatever next Gestapos Last Orgy?

PaulD 1st May 2015 10:27 AM

Reaper, right now

http://cdn.meme.am/images/10106270.jpg

Very surprising news. 88 Films continue to surprise, shock and keep me on the road to bankruptcy

Rik 1st May 2015 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAMIOUSE (Post 447475)
Whatever next Gestapos Last Orgy?

Arrow will announce that they're releasing this :lol:

Nordicdusk 1st May 2015 10:48 AM

We might not see Reaps for awhile now he will be locked away furiously masterbating dressed in a SS uniform with only a couple of buckets of lube for company :lol:

Well maybe with the tone of the film no lube and just a cheese grater.

Calum 1st May 2015 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 447477)
Arrow will announce that they're releasing this :lol:

First major laugh of an otherwise very stressful day!

Crimson Blade 1st May 2015 11:55 AM

I'd have been more excited if it was Gestapo's Last Orgy, as it's a much superior film, but i'll probably still pick this one up.

Susan Foreman 1st May 2015 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 447473)
Yep, he can finally shut up about it. [emoji23]

Doubt it!

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 1st May 2015 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 447473)
Yep, he can finally shut up about it. [emoji23]

:lol:
You think so?

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 1st May 2015 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 447476)
Reaper, right now

http://cdn.meme.am/images/10106270.jpg

Very surprising news. 88 Films continue to surprise, shock and keep me on the road to bankruptcy

Unfortunately I don't quite get as excited as some on here.:tongue1:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 2nd May 2015 05:09 PM

Although it will go down as one of the year's best.....:thankingyou:

PaulD 8th May 2015 06:43 PM

Quick question to those who pledged their crowdfunding campaign - which perks have you received yet? I went for "GRADUATION DAY t-shirt (high quality black t-shirt, emblazoned with classic poster image, medium or large only), ZOMBI HOLOCAUST BluRay (ace ltd edition version with slipcase) and our forthcoming BluRay mega-editions of SPLATTER UNIVERSITY and SLAUGHTERHOUSE thrown into the deal!" and have received just Slaughterhouse. I'm assuming Splatter University isn't out yet but what about the t-shirt? Do you just have to email them and tell them what size you want?

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 8th May 2015 07:03 PM

I went for Level 7 and chose:

Bloody Birthday
The Toxic Avenger 2
The Toxic Avenger 3
The Toxic Avenger 4
Trancers
Splatter University
Mother's Day
Slaughterhouse
Don't Go in the Woods… Alone
Hollywood Chainsaw Hookers

I've received all except Splatter University, which hasn't been released yet, and haven't heard anything about the T-shirt..

PaulD 8th May 2015 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 448717)
I went for Level 7 and chose:

Bloody Birthday
The Toxic Avenger 2
The Toxic Avenger 3
The Toxic Avenger 4
Trancers
Splatter University
Mother's Day
Slaughterhouse
Don't Go in the Woods… Alone
Hollywood Chainsaw Hookers

I've received all except Splatter University, which hasn't been released yet, and haven't heard anything about the T-shirt..

Ah cheers Nos, looks like we're in the same position. I'll hold tight and wait to see if 88 contact me about the shirt.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 8th May 2015 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 448718)
Ah cheers Nos, looks like we're in the same position. I'll hold tight and wait to see if 88 contact me about the shirt.

I guess they'll print them at the same time as they release the Zombi Holocaust BDs.

Blinkant 8th May 2015 07:36 PM

I'm sure they said that the tshirts would be sent with the zombie holocaust blu rays.

PaulD 8th May 2015 07:43 PM

Cheers guys!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 8th May 2015 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blinkant (Post 448724)
I'm sure they said that the tshirts would be sent with the zombie holocaust blu rays.

That's what I thought, but I wasn't sure. It does make sense that they would have the packaging and T-shirts printed at the same time.

Susan Foreman 15th May 2015 11:57 AM

5 mins ago on FB:

"We are about to announce a special price bundle for the 4 Toxic Avenger films. I can promise you it will be cheaper than this one at amazon…..

TOXIC AVENGER BLU-RAY **HMV LIMITED EDITION WITH SLIPCASE AND POSTER**: Amazon.co.uk: DVD & Blu-ray "

Susan Foreman 15th May 2015 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suziginajackson (Post 449557)
5 mins ago on FB:

"We are about to announce a special price bundle for the 4 Toxic Avenger films. I can promise you it will be cheaper than this one at amazon…..

TOXIC AVENGER BLU-RAY **HMV LIMITED EDITION WITH SLIPCASE AND POSTER**: Amazon.co.uk: DVD & Blu-ray "

Buy all 4 Toxic Avenger Blu-rays for £39 with free postage from 88 Films directly.

https://88-films.myshopify.com/colle...ection-blu-ray

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 15th May 2015 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suziginajackson (Post 449562)
Buy all 4 Toxic Avenger Blu-rays for £39 with free postage from 88 Films directly.

https://88-films.myshopify.com/colle...ection-blu-ray

That's a great price, so is a shame I already own them.

Susan Foreman 15th May 2015 01:44 PM

I have them all except part 3, which I understand is an edited version

Nordicdusk 15th May 2015 02:09 PM

I'll have to order this only have the first so still a deal.

DayzeUK 15th May 2015 02:44 PM

Only paid £32 for all 4 on the days they were released and 2 of em were the HMV Exclusives.

zane 15th May 2015 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suziginajackson (Post 449584)
I have them all except part 3, which I understand is an edited version

Yes, it's probably the r-rated cut.

Toxies letzte Schlacht - Schnittberichte.com (Detaillierte Fassungs- und Zensurinformationen zu DVD, Blu-ray, Games ...)

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 15th May 2015 08:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
FANTASTIC interview in the latest Darkside mag with both 88's owners.

I owe you both a pint for releasing the ultimate exploitive title below.:thankingyou:

Stephen@Cult Labs 15th May 2015 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 449708)
FANTASTIC interview in the latest Darkside mag with both 88's owners.

I owe you both a pint for releasing the ultimate exploitive title below.:thankingyou:

Richard and James are two of the nicest guys you could ever meet. The three of us went out for a few drinks in Manchester at the Festival Of Fantastic Films after the lightweights all went to bed (yeah I'm calling you out, Calum!), and we've remained friends since. Hard to imagine that it's just 2 guys who've built this label (ok, Calum has helped with his contacts, and being able to secure a lot if 88's Slasher titles).

Stephen@Cult Labs 15th May 2015 08:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Oh, and here's the front art of SS Experiment Camp, courtesy of Amazon.

Attachment 163646

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 15th May 2015 08:58 PM

Sterling job.

I'd LOVE to hunt down and release cult titles for a living?

Wanna go in to business S?

BALD-REAPER FILMS

Sounds good eh?:tongue1:

PaulD 15th May 2015 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 449723)
Hard to imagine that it's just 2 guys who've built this label (ok, Calum has helped with his contacts, and being able to secure a lot if 88's Slasher titles).

That's what I think is so fantastic about them. I love Shameless, I truly do, but when asked about the lack of HD releases etc the default argument was often "it's just a couple of people" or ''there's no market for that sort of niche title on bluray" yet this has never stopped 88 Films. When they started I respected what they did but was never fond of the Full Moon stuff (sorry Stephen!) but their slasher, Troma and Italian releases are exactly what I want personally from a cult label

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 15th May 2015 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 449726)
Oh, and here's the front art of SS Experiment Camp, courtesy of Amazon.

Attachment 163646

Woner if the bitties will be uncensored on the reverse!:lol:

Now THAT goes in right away for cover contender of the year!

I'm under no illusions,yeah the film is Z grade (hilariously entertaining) trash,but it's the artwork that makes it stand out from the crowd.

A lot of the so called nasties have been given the royal treatment both here and overseas,while SSEC (Not the Glesga venue!) has been given the Vipco/Blackhorse treatment here in the UK.....Criminal.

88 films....I TIP MY HAT TO YOU.:thankingyou:

Stephen@Cult Labs 15th May 2015 09:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 449729)
That's what I think is so fantastic about them. I love Shameless, I truly do, but when asked about the lack of HD releases etc the default argument was often "it's just a couple of people" or ''there's no market for that sort of niche title on bluray" yet this has never stopped 88 Films. When they started I respected what they did but was never fond of the Full Moon stuff (sorry Stephen!) but their slasher, Troma and Italian releases are exactly what I want personally from a cult label

I asked James earlier today if Tromeo and Juliet was still on Track for release next month, but it looks like they're still working on it, and the release date might change. A little bummed, but at least I'll get my Full Moon fix next month. :)

Attachment 163647

Stephen@Cult Labs 15th May 2015 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 449730)
Woner if the bitties will be uncensored on the reverse!:lol:

Now THAT goes in right away for cover contender of the year!

I'm under no illusions,yeah the film is Z grade (hilariously entertaining) trash,but it's the artwork that makes it stand out from the crowd.

A lot of the so called nasties have been given the royal treatment both here and overseas,while SSEC (Not the Glesga venue!) has been given the Vipco/Blackhorse treatment here in the UK.....Criminal.

88 films....I TIP MY HAT TO YOU.:thankingyou:

I think they will. It will probably be the sane art, just without the white border, allowing them to move to title down. :)

PaulD 15th May 2015 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 449731)
I asked James earlier today if Tromeo and Juliet was still on Track for release next month, but it looks like they're still working on it, and the release date might change. A little bummed, but at least I'll get my Full Moon fix next month. :)

Attachment 163647

That's the last Troma release they have planned isn't it? Wonder if they'll release Nuke 'Em High 2 since Troma brought out a bluray not long ago

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 15th May 2015 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 449731)

Attachment 163647

Is there a nice reverse for that Trancers 2?

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 15th May 2015 09:14 PM

Love Helen Hunt's 'Bros' jeans.....:lol:

Stephen@Cult Labs 15th May 2015 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 449737)
That's the last Troma release they have planned isn't it? Wonder if they'll release Nuke 'Em High 2 since Troma brought out a bluray not long ago

I know there was talk a while back about Sgt Kabukiman as well, but I don't know if it'll happen. I was thinking today of getting Troma's Nuke 'em High 2 disc, but I'd get it from 88 if they were going to release them.

Stephen@Cult Labs 15th May 2015 09:15 PM

The 88 Films Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 449740)
Is there a nice reverse for that Trancers 2?

The reverse is the same, just without the BBFC/88 Films logos.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 15th May 2015 09:18 PM

I ordered Bloodstained Shadow and Dead of Winter direct.

Also ordered them seperately in case one is held up....bank holiday weekend next week you know....extra viewing time.:nod:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 15th May 2015 09:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 449743)
The reverse is the same, just without the BBFC/88 Films logos.

Yeah,well it is the original art.:nod:

Pales in comparison though with the awesome original art!

I need to move Trancers up the 'to watch' pile....:nod:

PaulD 15th May 2015 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 449742)
I know there was talk a while back about Sgt Kabukiman as well, but I don't know if it'll happen. I was thinking today of getting Troma's Nuke 'em High 2 disc, but I'd get it from 88 if they were going to release them.

Same here, I'd rather wait for the 88 release. Will hold tight for a while just in case