Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   The 88 Films Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/11297-88-films-thread.html)

JAMIOUSE 17th March 2015 06:01 PM

No sign of my triple order been dispatched today, anyone elses been sent yet?

Stephen@Cult Labs 17th March 2015 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 439975)
Wilsonnnnn yoooo basssstttarrrrrddd! :lol:

Ha! I think Bruce Willis said it best in The Last Boy Scout when someone called him that. His response......"and then some" :p

keirarts 18th March 2015 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAMIOUSE (Post 440158)
No sign of my triple order been dispatched today, anyone elses been sent yet?

Mines not shipped either. Suspect they are still dealing with the orders as Night train has only just arrived..

Nordicdusk 18th March 2015 06:51 AM

Are films shipping before release date if you order direct.

keirarts 18th March 2015 07:23 AM

I did order direct.

Nordicdusk 18th March 2015 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 440206)
I did order direct.

If I had known that I would of ordered chainsaw hookers The Boogeyman and Night Train Murders Last Friday. Oh well there is always this Friday :)

Nordicdusk 18th March 2015 10:07 AM

Not sure what way rights are with it but I'd love 88 to release The Slayer on Blu Ray.

JAMIOUSE 18th March 2015 06:39 PM

All three shipped today, I wonder if Night Train is the same transfer that Blue Underground used? It would certainly help to keep their costs down for this initial release.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 18th March 2015 08:42 PM

Arrived today WITH NIGHT TRAINS! :thumb:

Crimson Blade 19th March 2015 03:04 PM

Blastfighter (Blu-ray) - The Italian Collection 04 ****PRE-ORDER NOW - – 88 Films

So looking forward to this one. :)

Nordicdusk 19th March 2015 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crimson Blade (Post 440498)

Better set up a direct debit with 88 and just leave them take whatever they need every week when I get paid.

Hawkmonger 19th March 2015 04:15 PM

Sigh. Those exclusive pre-order extras are very tempting....you know, **** it, the others can wait until the prices have dropped but i'm nabbing Anthro right now.

VeZius 19th March 2015 05:38 PM

The Slasher Classics Collection and the Italian Collection lines are sooooo beautiful. Loving these! Naturally, they all must be bought...

Stephen@Cult Labs 20th March 2015 08:24 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Received Night Train Murders this morning, along with some sweet postcards.

Attachment 159544

Stephen@Cult Labs 20th March 2015 08:37 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Oooooooo Live Like A Cop, Die Like A Man :)

Attachment 159545

Hawkmonger 20th March 2015 09:05 AM

Very nice! I flogged my Fernando Di Leo boxsets a while back to pay for dive kit so if Arrow and 88 are picking up his titles i'll happily rebuy them.

Crimson Blade 20th March 2015 10:50 AM

WOW!
Can't believe all these awesome titles coming this year.
And i almost bought the dvd of Live Like a Cop, Die Like a Man, recently. Glad i didn't now.

And do doubt about it, 88 Films are the best label on the planet at the moment.:first:

platostotal 20th March 2015 02:46 PM

Can I say that Mother's Day looks flippin' top notch (almost too good) the thing looks really sharp almost like a modern-day effort (even better than the job done on Toxie IMHO) just hope we can get this sort of quality on upcoming releases, although it blows my 20+ year old VHS completely out of the water... can't bring myself to part with the old bugger:lol:

Demdike@Cult Labs 20th March 2015 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by platostotal (Post 440656)
Can I say that Mother's Day looks flippin' top notch (almost too good) the thing looks really sharp almost like a modern-day effort

Great stuff.

I hope Hitch-Hike does well. It's a great film and a horrible performance (In a good way) from David Hess.

In my opinion it's better than any of the Houses on the Left or in The Woods that he gets the most credit for.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 20th March 2015 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 440660)
I hope Hitch-Hike does well. It's a great film and a horrible performance (In a good way) from David Hess.

In my opinion it's better than any of the Houses on the Left or in The Woods that he gets the most credit for.

As the kids would say, 'true dat'.

Crimson Blade 20th March 2015 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by platostotal (Post 440656)
Can I say that Mother's Day looks flippin' top notch (almost too good) the thing looks really sharp almost like a modern-day effort (even better than the job done on Toxie IMHO) just hope we can get this sort of quality on upcoming releases, although it blows my 20+ year old VHS completely out of the water... can't bring myself to part with the old bugger:lol:

Totally agree. Watched it last night and was well impressed with the quality.

Great film as well. The old girl was hilarious. :laugh:

Prince_Vajda 20th March 2015 03:33 PM

I never really liked Hitch-Hike. Corinne Cléry is a bland actress, Nero and Hess seem somehow out of sync, and the film is about 15 minutes too long.

Both Craven's The Last House On The Left and Deodato's The House On The Edge Of The Park are much better.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 20th March 2015 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda (Post 440676)
I never really liked Hitch-Hike. Corinne Cléry is a bland actress, Nero and Hess seem somehow out of sync, and the film is about 15 minutes too long.

Both Craven's The Last House On The Left and Deodato's The House On The Edge Of The Park are much better.

http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/...pssacrh0rl.jpg

Susan Foreman 20th March 2015 04:35 PM

"We've not forgotten about our Slasher Classics range and here's the full specs for SPLATTER UNIVERSITY

Unfortunately, the director commentary track we received was not recorded for the length of the film so we have had to remove this, but we have secured an amazing edition:

*Fully uncut for the first time in the UK
*Director approved NEW worldwide debut 2k scan straight from the original 16mm materials.
*Bonus full length HD feature film from director Richard Haines - WHAT REALLY FRIGHTENS YOU? (2009)
*Interview with Justin Kerswell, author of Teenage Wasteland: The Slasher Film Uncut
*Original trailer and TV spots
*Image gallery
*Gallary of original script pages and call sheets
*Booklet notes by Calum Waddell featuring a brand new interview with director Richard Haines."

SharonLynette 21st March 2015 07:46 PM

I'm wondering if I'm the only one feeling torn over ordering direct?

I want to, but I pre-ordered pretty much everything 88 Films are releasing via Amazon months ago and are a couple of quid cheaper.

I've ordered a few things direct but as money is tight I've kept a number of my pre-orders with Amazon.

Am I a suitably wicked person? Is everyone ordering direct?

Demdike@Cult Labs 21st March 2015 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SharonLynette (Post 440944)

I want to, but I pre-ordered pretty much everything 88 Films are releasing via Amazon months ago and are a couple of quid cheaper.

I've ordered a few things direct but as money is tight I've kept a number of my pre-orders with Amazon.

Order however you wish Sharon.

It matters not either way.

People seem to order direct as they receive the discs more often than not a few days early. As you say they are more expensive.

I have such a pile of unwatched stuff i go for cash saving and the lowest price possible.

SharonLynette 21st March 2015 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 440946)
Order however you wish Sharon.

It matters not either way.

People seem to order direct as they receive the discs more often than not a few days early. As you say they are more expensive.

I have such a pile of unwatched stuff i go for cash saving and the lowest price possible.

It's strange, I wouldn't usually feel bad but I want to be supportive. Their output has been pretty darn amazing, the quality fantastic. For a change I've been watching most as they've come but darn it I need the money!

Mojo 21st March 2015 07:58 PM

Amazon have pushed back NIGHT TRAIN MURDERS to 30th March :confused:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 21st March 2015 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mojo (Post 440949)
Amazon have pushed back NIGHT TRAIN MURDERS to 30th March :confused:

I know, and I'm pissed off about it, but not too annoyed to cancel and order direct from 88 Films and pay £2 postage.

I do order from them when I can.

Stephen@Cult Labs 21st March 2015 08:48 PM

The 88 Films Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 440951)
I know, and I'm pissed off about it, but not too annoyed to cancel and order direct from 88 Films and pay £2 postage.

I do order from them when I can.

There's a good reason it's been delayed. Hopefully the guys won't mind me saying, but there was a problem with the packaging that needed to be corrected.

Hawkmonger 21st March 2015 08:55 PM

That reverse art?:behindsofa:

Nordicdusk 21st March 2015 11:17 PM

I watched Mothers Day tonight I was blown away by the transfer looks fantastic. Great job :clap:

keirarts 22nd March 2015 06:32 AM

Quote:

I'm ordering direct but given the price difference I find it hard to judge anyone who doesn't. Factoring in Tax and postage and the price is pretty dear. I have the money and want to support them but given this time last year I was on the dole I can empathise with those who dont.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 22nd March 2015 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 440953)
There's a good reason it's been delayed. Hopefully the guys won't mind me saying, but there was a problem with the packaging that needed to be corrected.

I'm not pissed off with 88 Films, just the delay! Releases are put back for number of reasons and, as I've said before, I'd much rather wait an extra week or two for the best release than have one rushed out to meet a deadline.

I just want to watch Night Train Murders in HD and get stuck into the new extra features!

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 22nd March 2015 05:43 PM

Quote:

I also have my orders placed through Amazon for cheapness' sake - it all comes down to personal preference and whether you want to pay a little more to get your discs slightly earlier (personally I don't mind waiting a little longer).

If that makes me wicked, then I suppose I will have to order ruby slippers and striped tights accordingly. :nod:

SharonLynette 22nd March 2015 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 441032)
I also have my orders placed through Amazon for cheapness' sake - it all comes down to personal preference and whether you want to pay a little more to get your discs slightly earlier (personally I don't mind waiting a little longer).

If that makes me wicked, then I suppose I will have to order ruby slippers and striped tights accordingly. :nod:

It sounds like you're looking for an excuse to order ruby slippers and striped tights!

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 22nd March 2015 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SharonLynette (Post 441034)
It sounds like you're looking for an excuse to order ruby slippers and striped tights!

I never need an excuse to do that!

MuckyFunster 23rd March 2015 11:11 AM

I generally try to support the high street, and try to avoid buying online where I can. My local town centre is all but gone now, and is full of charity shops, cheque centres and poundlands. It drives me mad! Need to go all the way into Glasgow for any decent shops, which ends up making it a full day out, rather than just nicking up the precinct and then home for lunch. Winds up costing a fortune (which of course is sweetened when HMV have all the 88's for nine quid).

Nordicdusk 23rd March 2015 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MuckyFunster (Post 441082)
I generally try to support the high street, and try to avoid buying online where I can. My local town centre is all but gone now, and is full of charity shops, cheque centres and poundlands. It drives me mad! Need to go all the way into Glasgow for any decent shops, which ends up making it a full day out, rather than just nicking up the precinct and then home for lunch. Winds up costing a fortune (which of course is sweetened when HMV have all the 88's for nine quid).

For me to shop in HMV i have to take an almost 3 hour train ride so its not really an option for me. As i have said many many times here i love the thrill of finding the films i want on the shelf but i only get to a HMV or Tower Records 2 or 3 times a year. Where I live is the exact same as your town charity shops and poundlands nothing else. As for ordering direct from 88 it worked out cheaper for me than ordering from Amazon.

Sam 23rd March 2015 06:16 PM

Picked up Bogey man and Hollywood Chainsaw Hookers today, both £8.99 each in HMV