Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   The 88 Films Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/11297-88-films-thread.html)

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 15th May 2015 09:31 PM

Dead of Winter has also been postponed until June - really looking forward to that one!

In fact, I have most of 88's upcoming slate on pre-order. :nod:

Stephen@Cult Labs 15th May 2015 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 449754)
Dead of Winter has also been postponed until June - really looking forward to that one!

In fact, I have most of 88's upcoming slate on pre-order. :nod:

You sure? I thought it had just been postponed by a week? Until May 25th.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 15th May 2015 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 449759)

Got the e-mail from Amazon confirming the change this morning unfortunately.

Bloodstained Shadow has been put back to the 25th though (I think).

Stephen@Cult Labs 15th May 2015 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 449759)

Ok, just saw. Postponed 2 weeks now.

MuckyFunster 15th May 2015 09:48 PM

Does anyone know what's happening with Splatter University? Amazon now says it's not out till 5/10...?

Stephen@Cult Labs 15th May 2015 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 449747)
Yeah,well it is the original art.:nod:

Pales in comparison though with the awesome original art!

I need to move Trancers up the 'to watch' pile....:nod:

Really? I think the artwork for the first film has always been terrible.

Stephen@Cult Labs 15th May 2015 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MuckyFunster (Post 449767)
Does anyone know what's happening with Splatter University? Amazon now says it's not out till 5/10...?

I believe the master wasn't up to scratch, and they're going back to go fix it.

MuckyFunster 15th May 2015 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 449769)
I believe the master wasn't up to scratch, and they're going back to go fix it.

I see I see. I'd looked it up on 88's website and it doesn't have it up at all for pre-order or anything. Was curious. Really looking forward to it. Never seen it before, but the trailer looks as if the movie will be right up my street!

Stephen@Cult Labs 15th May 2015 10:06 PM

The 88 Films Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by MuckyFunster (Post 449771)
I see I see. I'd looked it up on 88's website and it doesn't have it up at all for pre-order or anything. Was curious. Really looking forward to it. Never seen it before, but the trailer looks as if the movie will be right up my street!

After I saw the trailer, I thought that and Schizoid were influences on Eli Roth's Thanksgiving trailer in Grindhouse.

Antropophagus 16th May 2015 06:26 AM

I have a lot of 88 Films titles on pre-order, mostly Italian ones and truly appreciate what they do but I think they really should communicate with their customers. There are a lot of unanswered questions on their facebook page, etc. I don't think it's too hard to spend 10-20 minutes a day to get back to your customers.

Susan Foreman 16th May 2015 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antropophagus (Post 449798)
I have a lot of 88 Films titles on pre-order, mostly Italian ones and truly appreciate what they do but I think they really should communicate with their customers. There are a lot of unanswered questions on their facebook page, etc. I don't think it's too hard to spend 10-20 minutes a day to get back to your customers.

I cannot speak for 88Films, but I do know that sometimes you really do not have any time to spend answering questions on FB

In the job I do, there are days when I cannot spend 10 minutes on the entire computer, let alone a single site

Demdike@Cult Labs 16th May 2015 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suziginajackson (Post 449800)
I cannot speak for 88Films, but I do know that sometimes you really do not have any time to spend answering questions on FB

In the job I do, there are days when I cannot spend 10 minutes on the entire computer, let alone a single site

In any line of business communication is the key.

You communicate with the people that matter ie - the customers - whilst you are serving surely.

There is a difference. I get what Ant says. Even Code Red who are a one man operation, communicate frequently with his customers via social media.

Naturally not every question needs to be answered, but some do. Such as updates on the Kickstarter campaign that so many subscribed to.

88's output is top notch if they can just sort out a way of reaching people then all would be perfect.

Demdike@Cult Labs 16th May 2015 12:48 PM

I'll pick up Tromeo and Juliet on blu for when i eventually get a player.

Lemmy and Tiffany Shepis in the same film and interviews is a mouth watering proposition. :nod:

fuzzymctiger 16th May 2015 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 449842)
In any line of business communication is the key.

You communicate with the people that matter ie - the customers - whilst you are serving surely.

There is a difference. I get what Ant says. Even Code Red who are a one man operation, communicate frequently with his customers via social media.

Naturally not every question needs to be answered, but some do. Such as updates on the Kickstarter campaign that so many subscribed to.

88's output is top notch if they can just sort out a way of reaching people then all would be perfect.

I agree completely. Every update on that campaign I've found out is through my own looking. All the delays, the one single progress shot, I found on my own, not through a notification through the program. One rare time when they were answering a lot of questions on blu-ray.com, they disappeared as soon as I asked about the lack of updates through the campaign page.

It's a real shame really, when Vinegar Syndrome regularly send "Hey this is still happening, x way through scanning, blus delayed a bit but here's some screens", Arrow constantly updated theirs (both US and Boro), and this has been, well nothing.

Code Red does a great job. He's a bit odd, maybe not quite right, but for a man under a lot of physical and mental stress, he is very very active in responding to people online, and participating in discussion on multiple pages.

Sobral 16th May 2015 02:46 PM

This is not a criticism on 88 Films, I understand that they must direct their few resources towards other things, but maybe they should not allow comments on their page, the fact that people can post there leaves them waiting for an answer.

mr 420 16th May 2015 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 449708)

I owe you both a pint for releasing the ultimate exploitive title below.:thankingyou:

Cough, The Mad Foxes, Cough. :nod:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 16th May 2015 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 449762)
Ok, just saw. Postponed 2 weeks now.

Has 88 confirmed the delay ?

JAMIOUSE 17th May 2015 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sobral (Post 449873)
This is not a criticism on 88 Films, I understand that they must direct their few resources towards other things, but maybe they should not allow comments on their page, the fact that people can post there leaves them waiting for an answer.

Yes it does, which is never a good thing because the longer you leave people waiting for an answer the more annoyed they get.

I look after my partners business facebook and twitter accounts, it's not on the same scale as 88 Films or Arrow but you should at least always promptly reply and in the case of Zombi Holocaust keep your customers updated. 88 seem to currently have a lot of slipping release dates, with the DVD and Blu market it happens due to mastering errors or the master simply not been up to scratch. Arrow do keep their customers up to date if dates slip and explain why they've slipped 88 really need to start doing the same.

Antropophagus 18th May 2015 05:54 AM

They don't even bother to reply to a customer trying to place an order:

http://thumbnails106.imagebam.com/41...7410329724.jpg

This might sound a little cynical but they were pretty quick at responding during the indiegogo campaign.

Rik 18th May 2015 08:55 AM

There's a few people that blatantly refuse to buy 88 Films' stuff due to how they've been spoken to when asking them a question

Steel76 18th May 2015 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 450083)
There's a few people that blatantly refuse to buy 88 Films' stuff due to how they've been spoken to when asking them a question

Hmmm...not good...
No matter how annoyed you might feel, having to answer the same questions over and over, you should always be polite to your costumers.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 18th May 2015 10:21 AM

I've had an e-mail from them to say Dead of Winter and The Bloodstained Shadow are about to be shipped, so I'm happy about that.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 18th May 2015 02:18 PM

Reversible art for The Bloodstained Shadow and Dead of Winter:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.n...650befc9302f36

Demdike@Cult Labs 18th May 2015 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 450104)
Reversible art for The Bloodstained Shadow and Dead of Winter:

Like the art for Shadow.

I still don't see how Dead of Winter can be part of any slasher collection.

Great film...just not a slasher. :lol:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 18th May 2015 06:41 PM

BLOODSTAINED SHADOW and DEAD OF WINTER shipped!:cool:

Blinkant 19th May 2015 06:16 AM

Calum on Twitter has stated that 88 film have just signed one of the most requested slasher classics

And now 88 films have just announced that they have signed a slasher classic we've all been begging for.

Anyone want to take a few guesses to get me really excited??

Rik 19th May 2015 06:28 AM

Saw it on Facebook, he confirmed its not the Mutilator because Arrow has that.
Bit of a clue at the end of their post: "try and keep your head on".

I'm thinking Nightmare in a Damaged Brain

fuzzymctiger 19th May 2015 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 450188)
Saw it on Facebook, he confirmed its not the Mutilator because Arrow has that.
Bit of a clue at the end of their post: "try and keep your head on".

I'm thinking Nightmare in a Damaged Brain

Nightmare is my guess as well

Rik 19th May 2015 06:47 AM

If it is, then I've a feeling somebody is going to have a hissy fit :lol:

keirarts 19th May 2015 06:51 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Personally I think its this one.....

Attachment 163887 Attachment 163888

Especially its a slasher picture about a head hunter...

Rik 19th May 2015 06:56 AM

Good shout, forgot about Night School :nod:

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 19th May 2015 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 450192)
Personally I think its this one.....

Attachment 163887 Attachment 163888

Especially its a slasher picture about a head hunter...

It won't be Night School. Warner don't sub-license their titles out.

Steel76 19th May 2015 07:25 AM

I hope it´s "Hell Night", but I bet it won't be :D

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 19th May 2015 07:32 AM

I think it's Intruder or Nightmare in a Damaged Brain, with Deadly Friend as a dark horse, just because of the basketball decapacitation scene.

Calum was involved, if not instrumental, in a screening of Intruder at the GFT a few years ago.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 19th May 2015 07:40 AM

Deadly Friend is also Warner, so that is out.

Intruder is a good shout though. :nod:

fuzzymctiger 19th May 2015 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 450198)

Intruder was actually an initial announcement when they first established the 88 Films label!

They just never ended up giving it a date, avoided news, then it just disappeared.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 19th May 2015 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 450198)

I really like Intruder – it's good fun and works both as a slasher and, a little like Scream, as a commentary on the genre itself. It went down a storm at the GFT, which was packed and the audience loved it. It was screened as the 'supporting feature' to Zombie Flesh Eaters in 2013, with Norman J Warren and James Moran in attendance, so it wouldn't surprise me if Calum has been working behind the scenes on a Blu-ray release for a while.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 19th May 2015 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 450200)
I really like Intruder – it's good fun and works both as a slasher and, a little like Scream, as a commentary on the genre itself. It went down a storm at the GFT, which was packed and the audience loved it. It was screened as the 'supporting feature' to Zombie Flesh Eaters in 2013, with Norman J Warren and James Moran in attendance, so it wouldn't surprise me if Calum has been working behind the scenes on a Blu-ray release for a while.

I also really like Intruder, however own (and have for some time) the Synapse BD which looks and sounds great. So, whilst I think Intruder would be a great addition to 88's slasher line-up my selfish side is secretly hoping for something else!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 19th May 2015 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 450201)
I also really like Intruder, however own (and have for some time) the Synapse BD which looks and sounds great. So, whilst I think Intruder would be a great addition to 88's slasher line-up my selfish side is secretly hoping for something else!

I have the same release and would like the announcement of a film I don't already own, but I'm easily swayed by new artwork and extra features!

fuzzymctiger 19th May 2015 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 450201)

If they included the workprint that was a limited bonus DVD-R with the US release for the first 500 from their site, I'm sure that would sweeten the deal!

Are there any other officially released full work prints besides The 'Burbs, Sleepaway Camp 3, and this?