Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   The 88 Films Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/11297-88-films-thread.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 19th June 2015 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SharonLynette (Post 453893)
Ha! I'm not that kind of girl.... Unfortunately.

Of course I do love presents, I'm not saying I don't like presents.

Just in case Mr. Slowly missed it first time round. ;)

SharonLynette 19th June 2015 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 453894)
Just in case Mr. Slowly missed it first time round. ;)

Haha no! I was just making everyone aware that I'm in no way anti-presents, at the right time.

Demdike@Cult Labs 19th June 2015 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SharonLynette (Post 453895)
Haha no! I was just making everyone aware that I'm in no way anti-presents, at the right time.

Any time is the right time for presents. :lol:

Speaking of. The English Gothic book turned up today. My parents were round and wondered why i hadn't opened the parcel. On hearing it was a book they promptly paid up for it and took it away.

I'm tough to buy things for so this was an ideal birthday or Christmas present apparently.

I had to stop them and ask for the cd and dvd also in the parcel. :lol:

SharonLynette 19th June 2015 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 453896)
Any time is the right time for presents. :lol:

Speaking of. The English Gothic book turned up today. My parents were round and wondered why i hadn't opened the parcel. On hearing it was a book they promptly paid up for it and took it away.

I'm tough to buy things for so this was an ideal birthday or Christmas present apparently.

I had to stop them and ask for the cd and dvd also in the parcel. :lol:

That's awfully sweet, my mum just looks at my endless wishlist, I usually have to sort it out so that there is a shortlist otherwise she wouldn't know where to start. Dad has never really bothered, even before he collapsed.

Mum used to list everything I was bought for my birthdays from my friends when I was a child, along with how much the items cost so when it came to going to their birthday party she could buy them something of equal value......and back to topic.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 19th June 2015 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SharonLynette (Post 453897)
That's awfully sweet, my mum just looks at my endless wishlist, I usually have to sort it out so that there is a shortlist otherwise she wouldn't know where to start. Dad has never really bothered, even before he collapsed.

Mum used to list everything I was bought for my birthdays from my friends when I was a child, along with how much the items cost so when it came to going to their birthday party she could buy them something of equal value......and back to topic.

That's sweet… in a way!

Anyway, back on topic, because of the free shipping, I ordered KillerSaurus and The Killjoy Collection yesterday, both of which are blind buys. Has anyone seen them?

Stephen@Cult Labs 19th June 2015 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 453898)
That's sweet… in a way!

Anyway, back on topic, because of the free shipping, I ordered KillerSaurus and The Killjoy Collection yesterday, both of which are blind buys. Has anyone seen them?

Just the Killjoys. 1&2 aren't too great tbh. I think the term they used for those ones was urban horror. Made at a time inbetween the heyday of Full Moon and their resurrection a few years ago. Think of the first 2 as sort of cheap blaxploitation horrors. 3&4 are a lot better, plus, they star one of my favourite modern day scream queens, Victoria De Mare.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 19th June 2015 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 453900)
Just the Killjoys. 1&2 aren't too great tbh. I think the term they used for those ones was urban horror. Made at a time inbetween the heyday of Full Moon and their resurrection a few years ago. Think of the first 2 as sort of cheap blaxploitation horrors. 3&4 are a lot better, plus, they star one of my favourite modern day scream queens, Victoria De Mare.

Thanks for the feedback – I'll try and keep an open mind.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 19th June 2015 11:34 PM

What's the script with Zombie Holocaust?

It appears to be in stock at 88.
Anyone know?

I've stopped preordering until I know a release date is final.
Too many titles,too much dough tied up when there are other titles that can be bought in the meantime.:nod:

Stephen@Cult Labs 19th June 2015 11:48 PM

It's not instock yet, Andy. Just available for pre-order on the site.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 20th June 2015 04:12 PM

The Slasher Classics Collection and Italian Collection as they currently stand:

http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/...psnvip9ih6.jpg