Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   The 88 Films Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/11297-88-films-thread.html)

JAMIOUSE 21st July 2014 08:16 PM

Blood Sucking Freaks I've seen before when the Horror Channel showed it, I wasn't massively impressed. Lets hope that with 88's recent announcement more slashers are on their way, because lets face it between the late seventies and early eighties lots were made!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 21st July 2014 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 411459)
Honest answer - It doesn't live up to its original vhs artwork. It's no Maniac. There's also a lot of padding around the Cannes festival.

It's not great, but I quite like it.

BAKA 22nd July 2014 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 411455)
Both they and Vinegar Syndrome have Graduation Day (I think 88 are utilising VS's 4K transfer for their release) so maybe we'll see some more crossover... VS are supposed to have Funeral Home and The Slayer so it would be great to see them get the 88 treatment too.

I knew about The Slayer, but Funeral Home is news to me. Can't wait. :woot:

fuzzymctiger 22nd July 2014 09:01 PM

Bill from Code Red let slip that 88 were trying to lisence Vinegar Syndromes new 4K of Madman for the UK, as well as Sweet Sixteen off someone.

This line is going to be good

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 22nd July 2014 09:06 PM

Has Last Horror film been put back?

No one online seems to have it and I spent a roasting hot Glasgow holiday yesterday traipsing around the city centre to no avail!

JAMIOUSE 22nd July 2014 09:54 PM

I thought it wasn't out until lthe 28th?

JAMIOUSE 22nd July 2014 10:05 PM

So 88 are planning The Slayer, Funeral Home, Sweet Sixteen and Madman as future releases? My my three of those I'm especially interested in Madman I've been going to buy for years but have never got around to it. I like the idea of studios helping each other or offering their remastered masters for licensing to other companies, theres no reason why companies couldn't combine their efforts and funds to make HD masters. Especially if their covering different terrotries like Vinger and 88 do.

Imagine if Synapse allowed Arrow to use their 'amazing' master of Demons?

Demdike@Cult Labs 22nd July 2014 10:07 PM

I think it's very disappointing 88 Films only release things like Last Horror Film and Bloodsucking Freaks on blu only.

You really would think they'd at least do dual formats like every other company.

I had BSF preordered then they cancelled it. Very poor show in my opinion.

Make Them Die Slowly 22nd July 2014 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 411608)
I think it's very disappointing 88 Films only release things like Last Horror Film and Bloodsucking Freaks on blu only.

You really would think they'd at least do dual formats like every other company.

I had BSF preordered then they cancelled it. Very poor show in my opinion.

I know what you mean, who in their right mind would want to see Joe do his stripper fantasy from LHF in HD.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 22nd July 2014 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly (Post 411611)
I know what you mean, who in their right mind would want to see Joe do his stripper fantasy from LHF in HD.

Who wouldn't?! :happy: