Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   The 88 Films Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/11297-88-films-thread.html)

bdc 14th September 2016 09:02 PM

Hex is still 8.99 on Amazon (pre-order).

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 15th September 2016 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdc (Post 505206)
Hex is still 8.99 on Amazon (pre-order).

Most (if not all) of 88's discs go for £8.99 on release day at Amazon and HMV.

Demdike@Cult Labs 15th September 2016 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 505254)
Most (if not all) of 88's discs go for £8.99 on release day at Amazon and HMV.

Then they rise in price a fortnight later as with BFI, 101, Arrow etc.

Definitely saves to preorder these things.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 15th September 2016 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 505256)
Then they rise in price a fortnight later as with BFI, 101, Arrow etc.

Definitely saves to preorder these things.

With 88, definitely. With Arrow I just wait for their sales.

Demdike@Cult Labs 15th September 2016 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 505260)
With 88, definitely. With Arrow I just wait for their sales.

I don't buy enough Arrow sadly.

There's a couple of slasher dual plays i'd like but they have never been in sales yet. The last sale was the same old same old in my eyes.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 15th September 2016 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 505261)
I don't buy enough Arrow sadly.

There's a couple of slasher dual plays i'd like but they have never been in sales yet. The last sale was the same old same old in my eyes.

They have a release date cut-off in their sales whereby they'll include some new titles every time (usually at a £9.99 price point whilst older titles will usually go for £7.99 or £8.99) depending on when they were released. Therefore, if the new titles they've included since the last sale don't interest you it can look very samey... I didn't buy anything from their last sale for instance (although I did pre-order a couple of things to take advantage of the double reward points).

I use the wish-list function on their site too, so whenever they have a sale I just look at my wish-list to see which titles have been reduced. It saves trawling through a load of titles that I either already own or have no interest in.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 15th September 2016 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 505264)
I use the wish-list function on their site too, so whenever they have a sale I just look at my wish-list to see which titles have been reduced. It saves trawling through a load of titles that I either already own or have no interest in.

That's a really good idea – I may do that with the ones I want to cut down on browsing when the next sale rolls around.

J Harker 15th September 2016 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 505264)

Likewise. Been wishing Network would introduce a wishlist because come sales there catalogue is much harder to keep track off.

Demdike@Cult Labs 15th September 2016 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 505318)
Likewise. Been wishing Network would introduce a wishlist because come sales there catalogue is much harder to keep track off.

I've created an Amazon wishlist just for Network, so it's just a cut and paste with the titles to me.

Although i do love browsing through the full lists...might have missed something. ;)

BAKA 15th September 2016 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 505318)

I keep popping films names into the Network thread here in the hopes I'll see them come the next Network sale. A wishlist function would be very handy indeed.

I didn't actually notice the one on Arrow's site before, but I will use it, a couple of titles I keep missing. I just recently noticed I don't have The Honeymoon Killers in my collection. I could swear I bought it, but can't find it, nor any record of me buying it. Arrow generally has a sale this month too, so hopefully I'll plug that gap.