Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   The 88 Films Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/11297-88-films-thread.html)

Calum 24th November 2017 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 558405)
Great interview with David Del Valle about Cameron Mitchell on the disc too. If you haven’t seen it, I also recommend David’s Sinister Image interview with Cameron.

Well you could join the Whatsapp group ;)

How does the PQ compare to BU?

Stephen@Cult Labs 24th November 2017 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calum (Post 558411)
Well you could join the Whatsapp group ;)

How does the PQ compare to BU?

I couldn’t tell you i’m afraid. I don’t have the BU disc, and going to embarrass myself by saying i’ve never seen the film before (see the collection needs to continue). Oh, and i’ve re-installed whatsapp.

JAMIOUSE 27th November 2017 06:10 PM

Every copy of the BU edition of Toolbox I had was faulty, so seeing it in HD from 88 is a treat. I'm sure Sorority and Toolbox will sell when their on general release. I for one would hate to see the Slasher Classics and Italian line stop.

Maybe it's time to stop the slipcases instead and reduce the prices on the webshop to a standard £12.99 or something?

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 27th November 2017 06:46 PM

I found the 88 pic quality better than the BU release.
I also have the XT video steelbook although I haven't compared this.
I'd imagine being XT it'll be the same as the BU transfer anyway.

keirarts 27th November 2017 11:30 PM

I think 88s release of Toolbox is a new scan. Just hope they've done colour correction this time. :lol:

Rob4 28th November 2017 10:33 AM

i have the old BU and its very good picture wise (for its time). however, i'm pretty sure its 2K so a 4K scan (is it 4K?) is likely to be an improvement. as ever though with 88, i'll wait for the reviews to come in before taking the plunge.

Stephen@Cult Labs 1st December 2017 10:51 AM

1 Attachment(s)
More 88Asia goodness from the guys landed today.

Attachment 199556

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 1st December 2017 11:48 AM

My copy arrived earlier this week – I haven't seen it before – along with One Dark Night and The Boogey Man DVD. I didn't need the DVD as I have the Slasher Classics Blu-ray release, but I like the artwork and it meant a qualified free postage!

I placed an order some time ago for The Toolbox Murders, In the Eye of the Hurricane, The Brave Archer, The Package and Eve of Destruction. Unfortunately, they didn't have any stock of the latter, preventing dispatch of the entire order. Fortunately, it should be in today meaning all five titles will be dispatched this evening.

Stephen@Cult Labs 1st December 2017 12:37 PM

The 88 Films Thread

Still waiting on Eve of Destruction being despatched. Guess all they got in the other week when I ordered it, was the samples. They did say it would be in stock last week, but maybe today’s the charm if they say it’s hopefully in today.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 1st December 2017 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 559109)
Still waiting on Eve of Destruction being despatched. Guess all they got in the other week when I ordered it, was the samples. They did say it would be in stock last week, but maybe today’s the charm if they say it’s hopefully in today.

I had an email from them earlier today saying they hope to post my order this evening.