Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   The 88 Films Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/11297-88-films-thread.html)

Susan Foreman 11th April 2019 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 601511)
More Jackie Chan announcements are imminent

The Protector

Susan Foreman 11th April 2019 05:55 PM

Quote:

The Canton Godfather

Susan Foreman 11th April 2019 06:05 PM

Quote:

Dragons Forever

gag 11th April 2019 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drakie79 (Post 601519)
Why they play safe with releases is beyond me, plenty of good exploitation out there from Hong Kong, not to mention endless lists from Japan. I've said it before but I'll do it once more, release Bloody Parrot and The Longest Nite, may be We're Going To Eat You.... and a box set of The Men Behind The Sun films....uncut....(lol can you imagine!!!)

I have all the Men behind the sun films uncut , been a while since watched them tho .

Demdike@Cult Labs 11th April 2019 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mojo (Post 601517)
Am I the only one who thinks Kung fu films are boring as shit? :behindsofa:

Releasing a load of Kung Fu films that nobody bought put HK Legends out of business in the 00's.

I have no interest either.

Drakie79 11th April 2019 07:21 PM

If they were bring out CAT III stuff I think people would be excited, but as stated it's all the same old stuff, all very safe. Sex and Zen, Ebola and others, this is what people want.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 11th April 2019 08:16 PM

Trust me guys,The Protector is anything but boring!

Made by the legend that is James Glickenhaus,one of the most underated action directors of the eighties,it's a non stop action-fest on a par with The Man From Hong Kong!

I've had the German bd for a few years and have watched it on numerous occasions.

gag 11th April 2019 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drakie79 (Post 601527)
If they were bring out CAT III stuff I think people would be excited, but as stated it's all the same old stuff, all very safe. Sex and Zen, Ebola and others, this is what people want.

Exactly , also obscure stuff as well or titles that haven't even been released from vhs to any format .

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 11th April 2019 08:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
THE ANACONDA QUADRILOGY! :lol:

Alien eat your heart out!

WAKEY WAKEY HANDS OFF SNAKEY!

wongfeihung62 11th April 2019 10:00 PM

Wow a lot of hate for kung fu films on here. Personally I love my HK stuff , be it kung fu, horror, Cat 3 etc. There is still a market for them here in the UK and we should be thankful that companies such as 88 and Eureka are releasing these titles.
With the umpteenth release of The Beyond imminent and shit like 11 days ,11 nights getting released, it is nice that they are catering for other markets as well. I would love to see some obscure HK stuff like Spooky spooky and Haunted cop shop released as well, but more mainstream JC sells more units which may hopefully lead to some smaller, obscure titles in the future.