Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   The 88 Films Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/11297-88-films-thread.html)

Stephen@Cult Labs 3rd March 2014 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr 420 (Post 394939)
'Tis indeed, Stephen. :) I dread to think just how bland our (uk) covers would be if not.

I only found out that little bit of info a couple of years ago.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 3rd March 2014 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr 420 (Post 394939)
'Tis indeed, Stephen. :) I dread to think just how bland our (uk) covers would be if not.

Lot of good that video packaging review committe did the old Vipco covers.
Half of the time the synopsis on the back made you believe in a corker of a film when it was a pile of shite!:lol:

mr 420 3rd March 2014 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 394943)
I only found out that little bit of info a couple of years ago.

That makes two of us! Has that been the case since the start? I'm pretty sure that there was a few years where you couldn't get the sleeve released without the VPRC mark? It wouldn't be the first time I was wrong though. :)

mr 420 3rd March 2014 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 394965)
Lot of good that video packaging review committe did the old Vipco covers.
Half of the time the synopsis on the back made you believe in a corker of a film when it was a pile of shite!:lol:

How many companies could you say that about though, Reaps? It's the old saying, you can't judge a video by its cover. :)

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 3rd March 2014 09:18 PM

Yeah,Vipco used it as some sort of 'quality assurance'.....:pound:

SilverGunnar Hansen 4th March 2014 10:26 AM

Saw the new Video Nasties: Draconian Days doc at Glasgow Frightfest, it's actually really interesting, didn't realise how much of the 80s nonsense spilled over into the 90s. The VPRC stuff is quite funny in it!

Vampix 8th March 2014 11:15 AM

Just been to 88 Films website and saw Blood Sucking Freaks is getting a fully uncut release on to Blu-ray. I've never seen it but have read a lot about it in the past through books like Chas Balun's Horror Holocaust. I will definitely pick it up, if only for curiosity's sake. :nod:

Susan Foreman 8th March 2014 02:32 PM

I was exhausted when I finished work last night/this morning, but I think I have pre-ordered 'BloodSucking Freaks'!

ecc 11th March 2014 12:40 AM

BAD CHANNELS and THE CORPSE GRINDERS at DVDBeaver.

J Harker 14th March 2014 08:33 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 132390
88 films put this on their FB page yesterday announcing that the original negatives have been discovered.