Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   The 88 Films Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/11297-88-films-thread.html)

Susan Foreman 16th January 2021 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 644217)

Coming to Blu-ray Match 29 from 88 Films

Urban Legend Trilogy!

"Camp fire stories aren't real – are they? Someone thinks they are and, in Urban Legend, they pick off their victims using those apparently apocryphal yarns as a template. The killing continues in Urban Legend: Final Cut, with a new killer – and new inspirations. And if your nerves can handle it, Urban Legend: Bloody Mary places a fresh, terrifying, spin on some old, old tales.

Even better than listening to spooky old stories (“...the call is coming from INSIDE the house...”), these three films are modern slasher classics. 88 Films are proud to present the complete Urban Legend trilogy on UK Blu-ray for the first time, completely uncut."

Nostalgic 16th January 2021 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 644222)
I think the second one is the best. It has a brilliant kill scene by a window.

These are the best thing (along with the first Wrong Turn) to happen as a result of Scream! 1&2 are GENUINE classics, 3 is pants but I'll gladly re-watch.
Have had it pre ordered since it appeared on amazon!

will graham 16th January 2021 07:33 PM

Damnit, why didnt alicia witt have a scene where shes in a bath robe. Yeah between this franchise and the I know one, the first urban legend for me is the best film. It's actually kinda fun to look back and see what the cast of these films have done since. Wonder what happened to that Jared Leto guy.

Susan Foreman 18th January 2021 06:44 PM

Coming soon from 88 Films - Jackie Chan in 'Armour of God' (1986)

and 'Half A Loaf of Kung Fu'

MuckyFunster 25th January 2021 09:10 AM

Someone’s selling a job lot of numbers 1 - 49 of the Slasher Classics Collection. Bidding starts at £250.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/254842505533

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trashforcash 25th January 2021 05:05 PM

Amazing Ebay lot. It has Blood Harvest and Just Before Dawn with slipcases. Currently £255.

I wonder why they're selling it? Probably watched a New Years Evil / Moon in Scorpio double bill and thought "no more".

Theres some great titles in the slasher classics. But for every Bogey Man theres a Splatter Uni.

What would you have for your 3 best & 3 worst Slasher Classics. For me...

Best:

1. Just before dawn
2. Nail Gun Massacre (an incredible comedy)
3. Sorority Row

Worst.

1. Dont go in the woods
2. Slaughterhouse Rock
3. Luther the Geek

Dave 25th January 2021 08:41 PM

The 88 Films Thread

It’s hard to pick a top 3 because there’s so many great releases. I’d stay well clear of ‘Prozzie’, ‘Scarecrows’ and ‘Hide and go shriek’ though [emoji42]

MuckyFunster 25th January 2021 09:52 PM

Haha, I liked “Dont go in the woods...” [emoji23] was super stupid. Haven’t watched it in ages. Last time I watched it, in fact, was during a big troma-a-thon I was having!

I don’t have every one of the Slasher line, but I have most. The ones I remember “Prozzie” being a real stinker, and I didn’t much enjoy the two “Sleepaway Camp” films [emoji51]

“Splatter U”, “Nightmares in a damaged brain” and “Intruder” have been my favourites, and I’m really looking forward to “10 to midnight”. Big Charles Bronson fan [emoji106] [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trashforcash 26th January 2021 06:58 AM

10 to Midnight is great in a "what the hell were they thinking?" kind of way! I also thought Blind Date was surprisingly decent. Some great extras on Mastorakis as well.

Ive not seen Prozzie but Scarecrows was very disappointing!

The biggest disappointment for me was probably Toolbox murders. It has obvious video nasty interest, but after the first 20 mins it's a real slog.

The job lot of slasher classics is up to £370 on ebay. Wonder how much it will go for? Any less than £500 would be a huge bargain. I reckon you could buy the lot and sell them separately for at least £700.

Either way, it's too rich for my money. I've got 28 of them and cant justify that many duplicates.

will graham 26th January 2021 08:46 AM

Best slasher there for me is just before dawn. After that in no order is alice sweet alice, terror train, popcorn, 10 to midnight and sorority row.

The worst of the ones I brought was definitely scarecrow follow by grandmas house.