Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels

Like Tree1390Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th April 2015, 09:04 PM
Cultist

Send a message via AIM to snipsmovies Send a message via MSN to snipsmovies Send a message via Yahoo to snipsmovies
Default 101 Films

Apologies if this is old ground - I'm not as regular a visitor as I once was - but 101 Films as you'll be aware are accelerating their Blu-ray output from the first week in May.

We're covering this in depth over at Zombie Hamster, but I'm intrigued as to what people are expecting with this line of releases? There seems to be a complete absence of an online buzz about what they're putting out.

The first action orientated title they're adding to the Cult Movie Collection is Black Eagle on 4/5, with Nemesis following the week after. Do we think the Nemesis Blu will be similar to the Platinum Cult edition?

How about the ones that follow through the end of May to June... A.W.O.L, Ironheart, Sabotage, Split Second, Mean Guns, Blast, Crazy Six. Anyone got these pre-ordered, or is there a general lack of excitement about this?
Old 14th April 2015, 10:04 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I think most of these have bren purchased from Mr Krekel at Digital Dreams/Platinum Cult. In fact, when people have been complaing about his Split Secind disc, and saying the UK disc will be better, he's basically been saying it's his transfer they're using.
Old 14th April 2015, 10:07 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

I've not really been following their latest slew of releases (mainly because the films in question have little to no appeal for me), although I have heard that a lot of the newly announced titles may be using some shoddy German masters... something I see Stephen has confirmed above.
Old 14th April 2015, 10:12 PM
Cultist

Send a message via AIM to snipsmovies Send a message via MSN to snipsmovies Send a message via Yahoo to snipsmovies

Oh really? Thanks, that's really helpful. We just don't know what to expect. I did find it interesting though that 101's Twitter feed professed to have never been in contact with Mr. Krekel. Not sure what to expect. The pre-order prices have dipped recently to £10.25 though, so at least they've set a competitive price point.

With regard to Nemesis, I was discussing with my collegaue Matty if the wealth of extras would make it over to the UK. I guess a release like that will give us some idea of how serious 101 want to be with this range.
Old 28th October 2015, 12:30 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Some upcoming titles from 101:

Dr Goldfoot And The Bikini Machine
Dr Goldfoot And The Girl Bombs
Death Warrant
Delta Force 2
Three Amigos
Ghoulies
Ghoulies 2
It! The Terror From Beyond Space
Solarbabies
Stone Cold
Firewalker
A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Forum
The Playboys

Apparently they're releasing The Exterminator 2 as well.
TJ Doc and Graeme73 like this.
Old 28th October 2015, 12:34 PM
Cult Veteran

Ahh Ghoulies! That one definitely takes me back, but I have no idea if it's actually any good!
Demoncrat likes this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 28th October 2015, 04:06 PM
Active Cultist

The first Ghoulies is a bit shit.

Second one's alright, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
Death Warrant
Delta Force 2
Three Amigos
It! The Terror From Beyond Space
Stone Cold
Firewalker

The Exterminator 2
Old 28th October 2015, 07:18 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Interesting their releasing the Bava Doctor Goldfoot, I wonder if Arrow passed on it? Presumably it's the same transfer as the recent US release.
Old 28th October 2015, 07:41 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMIOUSE View Post
Interesting their releasing the Bava Doctor Goldfoot, I wonder if Arrow passed on it? Presumably it's the same transfer as the recent US release.
101 must have done a deal with MGM with Goldfoot being in their ranks alongside others like Five Guns West, Three Amigos, and It! It'd be a job lot rather than picking individual films.
Old 28th October 2015, 08:03 PM
Active Cultist

Aw nuts.
After 88 Films did the American Ninja films I was hoping they were going to release more b movie action flicks with special features.
But 101 keep grabbing all the ones I wanted them to do.

And Ghoulies is more than a bit shite. It's one of the worst in Empire Pictures back catalog.
TJ Doc likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!