Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   101 Films (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/12955-101-films.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 6th July 2017 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 540556)
101 is binary for minimal effort. :lol:

As far as i'm aware their prints are good though. No green tints on show.

Anyone from the geek AV police feel free to prove otherwise though. :lol:

Justin101 6th July 2017 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 540558)
As far as i'm aware their prints are good though. No green tints on show.

Anyone from the geek AV police feel free to prove otherwise though. :lol:

They're not always that great at getting the best out of the format, many discs are single layer so the maximum bitrate isn't applied and some films aren't even full HD even though the box art states that they are, such as F/X with is a 1080i encode.

They definitely have by the far the worst 'house style' for the covers as well.

Demdike@Cult Labs 6th July 2017 12:50 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 540563)
They're not always that great at getting the best out of the format, many discs are single layer so the maximum bitrate isn't applied and some films aren't even full HD even though the box art states that they are, such as F/X with is a 1080i encode.

They definitely have by the far the worst 'house style' for the covers as well.

:lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKwVvSleM6w

I don't dislike the covers. They use original artwork, there's only the red border at the top. In fact i think they are better than most.

Justin101 6th July 2017 12:51 PM

Yeah the new style is far better but look at what they used to do, like the Hercules films haha

Demdike@Cult Labs 6th July 2017 12:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 540565)
Yeah the new style is far better but look at what they used to do, like the Hercules films haha

Nope, you've really lost me now.

Justin101 6th July 2017 12:59 PM

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....6L._SX342_.jpg

These ones. On the other ones the back cover and spine are ugly too.

Demdike@Cult Labs 6th July 2017 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 540568)
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....6L._SX342_.jpg

These ones. On the other ones the back cover and spine are ugly too.

They are the original artworks though. Yes the box set design could be better but the individual releases are all great.

keirarts 6th July 2017 01:09 PM

I have a few 101 discs. Honestly they come across a little as a modern day vipco. 88 do as well to a lesser extent. Sticking films on disc and releasing without any additional work.

Demdike@Cult Labs 6th July 2017 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 540572)
I have a few 101 discs. Honestly they come across a little as a modern day vipco. 88 do as well to a lesser extent. Sticking films on disc and releasing without any additional work.

The dvd's i have all look fine. You hi-def bods are sooo picky. ;) :lol:

keirarts 6th July 2017 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 540573)
The dvd's i have all look fine. You hi-def bods are sooo picky. ;) :lol:

I'm far from picky. I've defended 88's stuff plenty of times on the basis of the cost of them compared to expensive imports put out by a banana with interpersonal skill issues.


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:54 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Copyright © 2014 Cult Laboratories Ltd. All rights reserved.