Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   101 Films (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/12955-101-films.html)

nosferatu42 19th April 2018 06:09 PM

I do like Existenz too, they look nice those discs.

Demdike@Cult Labs 19th April 2018 06:11 PM

What a pity they are opting for Existenz, Cronenberg's worst film other than Cosmopolis.

It's packed with extras though so i might actually get it as i don't own the film.

nosferatu42 19th April 2018 06:23 PM

I wasn't very impressed by 'M Butterfly' at the time, although it would have been nice to get it released.

I've had 'Fast Company' for a while now but still haven't got around to watching it.:rolleyes:

And i haven't seen 'Maps to the stars' either.

To be honest i'm not as much of a fan of his newer films although i did quite enjoy 'A dangerous method'.

Demdike@Cult Labs 19th April 2018 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nosferatu42 (Post 573000)
I wasn't very impressed by 'M Butterfly' at the time, although it would have been nice to get it released.

I've had 'Fast Company' for a while now but still haven't got around to watching it.:rolleyes:

And i haven't seen 'Maps to the stars' either.

To be honest i'm not as much of a fan of his newer films although i did quite enjoy 'A dangerous method'.

I really liked Maps to the Stars.

Justin101 19th April 2018 06:32 PM

I wish it was Dead Ringers personally, but I'll happily take Existenz.
Dead Ringers came out last on ITV DVD so perhaps Network has the rights to it now?

By the way, you can order both of the new discs from the 101 Web store for £25 and free delivery, they take payment right away though so I'm going to wait until a little closer to the time, or see how much money I have left over before next payday.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 19th April 2018 06:46 PM

NIGHTMARES is a great little anthology from the eighties,a fave from the days of tape.:nod:

Demdike@Cult Labs 19th April 2018 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 573011)
NIGHTMARES is a great little anthology from the eighties,a fave from the days of tape.:nod:

I saw that was coming out. Is it worth a punt do you think?

Demoncrat 19th April 2018 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 572998)
What a pity they are opting for Existenz, Cronenberg's worst film other than Cosmopolis.

It's packed with extras though so i might actually get it as i don't own the film.

It grew on me certainly ....
JJL helped;) ...Cosmopolis meh ...

Susan Foreman 20th April 2018 04:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 572998)

"Brand New Extras
  • The Leader: An interview with Christopher Eccleston
  • Commentary with Kim Newman & Ryan Lambie
  • Commentary with Mondo Digital’s Nathaniel Thompson
  • Limited Edition Booklet: Includes ‘Enemy of Reality: David Cronenberg’s eXistenZ’ by Alex Morris, and ‘Of Fabrics and Flesh: An interview with Denise Cronenberg’ by Phillip Escott.

Additional Extras
  • Audio commentary by David Cronenberg
  • Making-of documentary
  • Promo Featurette
  • Special Effects Featurette
  • Backstage interviews with Jude Law, Jennifer Jason Leigh, Willem Dafoe, Jim Isaac (visual effects) and David Cronenburg
  • Trailer

Specifications
Certificate: 15
Runtime (Blu-ray): Feature: 97 mins/Extras: 140 mins
Runtime (DVD): Feature: 93 mins/Extras: 101 mins
Aspect ratio: 16:9
Blu-ray region: B
DVD region: 2
Sound: PCM (Blu-ray)/AC3 (DVD)
Subtitles: English HOH"

There seems to be a huge difference in the run times of the extras between the Blu-Ray and DVD releases

will graham 20th April 2018 09:16 AM

Wow 101 Films are finally stepping up on special features......finally