Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   Powerhouse Films (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/13399-powerhouse-films.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 12th August 2021 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 657489)
I'm kind of interested, but she was very much a one trick pony and her performances are all the same. I imagine this is £50-60. I'll think about it.

Top end of your price scale. £59.99

I'm not a fan of West at all but if Powerhouse are going down that route i'd be all over a Jean Harlow box set.

A Thin Man one as well. :pray:

Justin101 12th August 2021 06:50 PM

I'd like more pre-code films too. Perfect afternoon viewing :)

This one will probably sell out fast so I hope there will be individual discs for some of them, I'm no angel and She done him no wrong for example.

Demdike@Cult Labs 12th August 2021 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 657493)
I'd like more pre-code films too. Perfect afternoon viewing :)

This one will probably sell out fast so I hope there will be individual discs for some of them, I'm no angel and She done him no wrong for example.

I'm No Angel is one of the ones i have on dvd that told me i'm not a fan of hers.

Justin101 12th August 2021 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 657494)
I'm No Angel is one of the ones i have on dvd that told me i'm not a fan of hers.

They're literally all like that one, you only really need one or two if you're going to get any (which you're not).

Demdike@Cult Labs 19th August 2021 06:18 PM

Is the Norman J Warren Bloody Terror box set worth getting? Is the book good?

I saw one in CEX today, looked mint condition for £35.

I'm answering my own question here i guess but getting the individual discs at £12 each would cost £50....

I think i'll pop back tomorrow and use up my vouchers.

Demdike@Cult Labs 19th August 2021 06:28 PM

Just found out they are digi-packs inside the box.

Yeah, no thanks.

Justin101 19th August 2021 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 657913)
Just found out they are digi-packs inside the box.

Yeah, no thanks.

You must have missed "digi-gate" when the set first came out lol, certain forum members were not impressed.

It's the same in the Fu Manchu box, and to be honest it doesn't bother me at all.

Demdike@Cult Labs 19th August 2021 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 657918)
You must have missed "digi-gate" when the set first came out lol, certain forum members were not impressed.

It's the same in the Fu Manchu box, and to be honest it doesn't bother me at all.

At the time i won't have cared. Now i do. :lol:

There's also the disc errors. Knowing me i'll get a copy with poorly framed copies of Terror and Prey.

Justin101 19th August 2021 06:45 PM

That's why I haven't picked it up, I know that there are unfixed versions floating around. If you buy the separates they definitely have the correct discs in them :)

Demdike@Cult Labs 19th August 2021 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 657924)
That's why I haven't picked it up, I know that there are unfixed versions floating around. If you buy the separates they definitely have the correct discs in them :)

Plus the films are of varying quality even though i do like them all.

Satan's Slave is the one i really want followed by Inseminoid.

Prey would probably be the last one i bought.

Apparently Bloody New Year doesn't look great at all if reviewers are to be trusted. But i'd quite like that to watch on New Years Eve.