Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   Powerhouse Films (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/13399-powerhouse-films.html)

Nuno_Miranda 19th March 2024 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 697044)
Having just had a look at the Hammer filmography there's also Watch it Sailor, I only Arsked, Up the Creek and Further on up the Creek which were all distributed by Columbia.

That would make a really nice comedy set :D

Looking forward to good remasters of all of these, too!

Demdike@Cult Labs 20th March 2024 10:16 PM

With Powerhouse treating us to some delicious Mexican titles i wonder if there's any chance we may get some Filipino delights from director Eddie Romero such as Mad Doctor of Blood Island and Brides of Blood?

Susan Foreman 26th March 2024 09:32 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 697017)
Going by previous years, it looks like there is usually a Powerhouse sale near the end of March / beginning of April

T'would appear a sale is imminent

The countdown clock currently stands at 12 Days, 23 Hours, 30 Minutes, which suggests that a sale is due to start either Sunday, April 7th OR Monday, April 8th at 10:00am

According to Michael on FB, the 'rule-of-thumb' is...

"...discounted titles have to have been released more than six months prior to the sale..."

Justin101 26th March 2024 09:47 AM

I?ve still got an unwatched pile from the last TWO sales but I?ll still take a look lol.

Susan Foreman 1st April 2024 06:57 PM

Is the standard edition of 'The Mad Magician' the 3D version, and if it is... does it come with 3D glasses, or is it possible to watch the film on a 'non 3D' screen??

If it *does* come with glasses, presumably they are the old-fashioned red / green type and not the new-fangled clear ones

Demdike@Cult Labs 1st April 2024 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 697469)
Is the standard edition of 'The Mad Magician' the 3D version, and if it is... does it come with 3D glasses, or is it possible to watch the film on a 'non 3D' screen??

If it *does* come with glasses, presumably they are the old-fashioned red / green type and not the new-fangled clear ones

I have the limited edition and that didn't come with 3D glasses.

The standards are identical in what's on the disc to the limited editions. It's all the other bits that are missing. Booklets, reversible sleeves, etc.So you get both 2D and 3D versions.

Susan Foreman 1st April 2024 07:10 PM

Thank you

Justin101 1st April 2024 07:41 PM

I should buy The Mad Magician for some reason I don't have it.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 2nd April 2024 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 697236)
I?ve still got an unwatched pile from the last TWO sales but I?ll still take a look lol.

I also have a huge number of unwatched Indicator Collection titles, but I'm still going to look and see if anything interests me and looks like a 'must buy' situation.

J Harker 3rd April 2024 12:01 AM

Is there a sale on? I can't see anything on the website?

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk