Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   Premium Collection (HMV Exclusives) Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/13467-premium-collection-hmv-exclusives-thread.html)

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 27th April 2021 07:55 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Three good titles come 7th June.....:nod:

Demdike@Cult Labs 27th April 2021 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob4 (Post 650925)
I do admire people who go against the grain, so I need to reconsider my position here.

Let's think... erm... nope! :tongue1:

Do you know why i think it's better? I always get tears in my eyes at the end of Escape to Victory.

I don't with The Great Escape, therefore ETV has a bigger emotional impact with me.

As i said earlier. I love The Great Escape too. I have it in my Amazon basket at the moment in a threesome with Battle of Britain and A Bridge too Far.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 27th April 2021 08:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
A wee tip mate.
Launch the Great Escape.

Spend the extra on the Criterion ed.....;)

Rob4 27th April 2021 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 650935)
Do you know why i think it's better? I always get tears in my eyes at the end of Escape to Victory.

I don't with The Great Escape, therefore ETV has a bigger emotional impact with me.

As i said earlier. I love The Great Escape too. I have it in my Amazon basket at the moment in a threesome with Battle of Britain and A Bridge too Far.

For me ETV doesn't compare on any level - acting, script, direction, cinematography, design, structure and impact.

Even taking away all that, there are two words that for me puts the TGE ahead and that's... Donald Pleasance :cool:

... and two words why ETV is hamstrung... Sylvester Stallone :lol:

but anyway, it wouldn't do for us all to be the same so here's to individuality :clap:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 27th April 2021 08:36 PM

Yarbles! Great bolshy yarblockos! :lol:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 27th April 2021 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 650933)
Three good titles come 7th June.....:nod:

I don't own Escape to Victory, 36 hours, or The Sea Wolf in any format and (to my shame) haven't seen any of them all the way through, so I'm very happy with those announcements.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 28th April 2021 04:58 PM

Just listen.....:cool:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=cco5cEToSVo

Stephen@Cult Labs 2nd May 2021 12:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Woohoo! They've changed it.

Attachment 232948

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 3rd May 2021 11:17 AM

Even better.

Now if this had been an Italian production,they’d have cashed in and called it THE GREAT ESCAPE TO VICTORY........:happy:

Demdike@Cult Labs 6th July 2021 03:30 PM

Does anyone know when the current 2 for £15 offer on Premium Collection titles ends?