Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   Premium Collection (HMV Exclusives) Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/13467-premium-collection-hmv-exclusives-thread.html)

gag 9th July 2021 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 655612)
Interestingly my mum called round a few minutes ago with fish and chips for my tea.

I jokingly told her of my list of 48 films and how much they'll cost and she matter of factly asked if there were any she could watch? :lol:

It wasn't the reaction i was expecting.

Better than what my mum would say,
For god sake when are you going to grow up and get rid of them instead of keeping buying more, met with, tell me about it by my wife :lol:

Demdike@Cult Labs 9th July 2021 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 655616)
Better than what my mum would say,
For god sake when are you going to grow up and get rid of them instead of keeping buying more, met with, tell me about it by my wife :lol:

Well she'd never say that because she knows better with me being into film all my life but i was expecting an "have you completely lost all your sanity?" type reaction.

Not "Will there be any i could watch?"

Justin101 9th July 2021 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 655617)
Well she'd never say that because she knows better with me being into film all my life but i was expecting an "have you completely lost all your sanity?" type reaction.

Not "Will there be any i could watch?"

The funny thing is, with the HMV Premiums there are probably loads you could watch together, does she like Bogart and Bacall? So many golden age of Hollywood movies in that collection :)

Demdike@Cult Labs 9th July 2021 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 655618)
The funny thing is, with the HMV Premiums there are probably loads you could watch together, does she like Bogart and Bacall? So many golden age of Hollywood movies in that collection :)

I know when i'm there i'll be going for stuff like Edge of the Axe, Doom Asylum, and Lords of Chaos rather than upgrading things i already have.

We'll see. It all depends really on what they have.

Justin101 9th July 2021 07:14 PM

Edge of the Axe and Lords of Chaos are both good, I've not watched Doom Asylum yet but had it for ages :lol: Perhaps none of those are 'watch with mum' films :D

Demdike@Cult Labs 9th July 2021 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 655621)
Edge of the Axe and Lords of Chaos are both good, I've not watched Doom Asylum yet but had it for ages :lol: Perhaps none of those are 'watch with mum' films :D

I wasn't intending any to be watch with mum films. However when she drops off fish and chips what can i say?

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 9th July 2021 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 655621)

Is LORDS OF CHAOS any good Jus?

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 9th July 2021 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 655612)
Interestingly my mum called round a few minutes ago with fish and chips for my tea.

I jokingly told her of my list of 48 films and how much they'll cost and she matter of factly asked if there were any she could watch? :lol:

It wasn't the reaction i was expecting.

She didn't offer to go halves on condition she could have free rentals from you?

Demdike@Cult Labs 9th July 2021 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 655625)
She didn't offer to go halves on condition she could have free rentals from you?

:lol:

Justin101 9th July 2021 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 655623)
Is LORDS OF CHAOS any good Jus?

If you like Black Metal and/or Jonas Akerlund I would say yes, outside of that I wouldn't be confident to recommend it. It's basically a biopic of 2 guys in separate bands and the power struggle between them.