Like Tree314Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd April 2024, 05:33 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvinnashsear View Post
According to a few people on blu-ray.com the Korean commentaries don't have English subtitles. Glad I held off ordering it cos they were the reason I was going to get it.
That's bizarre seeing as Umbrella are an Australian outfit. It's not like Korean is spoken on Oz.
Old 23rd April 2024, 05:35 PM
Active Cultist

Does anybody else have a problem with Umbrella discs? Practically every disc I've put in the players (both Sony) freeze up the players when I stop the discs. They play fine it's just when I press stop they freeze and I have to unplug them.
Old 23rd April 2024, 05:38 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
That's bizarre seeing as Umbrella are an Australian outfit. It's not like Korean is spoken on Oz.
They've admitted it was a mistake but it doesn't look like they're doing much about it.
Old 23rd April 2024, 08:35 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Does anybody else have a problem with Umbrella discs? Practically every disc I've put in the players (both Sony) freeze up the players when I stop the discs. They play fine it's just when I press stop they freeze and I have to unplug them.

I don?t have a Sony player any more, but yes I?ve had this with a few of their discs, Night of the Living Dead 1990 is one of them and I think Electric Boogaloo is another.
marvinnashsear likes this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 5th May 2024, 04:14 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
'The Chaser' (2008) - Collector's Edition (Blu-Ray + Book + Rigid case + Slipcase + Poster + Artcards) pre-order available from Umbrella direct - $75.00 aud

Release date: March 20

"Equal parts disturbing and tense, acclaimed director Na Hong-jin’s debut feature is a masterpiece thriller that delivers unexpected twists in the face of visceral horror.

A former cop turned desperate pimp, Joong-ho (Kim Yoon-seok) is frustrated that his girls are running out on him. When his last call girl, Mi-Jin (Seo Young-hee) disappears, Joong-ho makes a harrowing revelation – there’s a sadistic serial killer at play. Traversing the shadowed streets of Seoul, an intense cat-and-mouse pursuit ensues as Joong-ho must track down the killer in a desperate race against the clock.
"

Collectors Edition features:
  • 48 page bound book
  • Custom artwork outer rigid case
  • Custom artwork slipcase
  • 8 replica lobby cards
  • A3 reversible poster
  • Limited Edition numbered release

Special Features:
  • NEW! Audio commentary with Pierce Conran and James Marsh
  • Audio commentary with director Na Hong-jin and actors Kim yoon-seok and Ha Jung-woo
  • Audio commentary with director Na Hong-jin and crew
  • Pre-production Featurette
  • Production Note Video
  • Scene Story Featurettes
  • 'The Chaser and the one who is chased' featurette
  • Deleted Scenes with commentary by director Na Hong-jin
  • Promotional Videos
Quote:
According to a few people on blu-ray.com the Korean commentaries don't have English subtitles. Glad I held off ordering it cos they were the reason I was going to get it.
Looks like it not just the commentary track:

According to a footnote on the DVD Compare review of the film
"Umbrella Entertainment has informed us that the disc was mistakenly authored with a number of Korean language extras lacking their English translation subtitle tracks. Unfortunately as the title has been a slow seller, it was decided that issuing replacement discs was too costly, and therefore purchasers who are unsatisfied are entitled to a full refund by contacting Umbrella Entertainment's Customer Service."
marvinnashsear likes this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty

Like this? Share it using the links below!