Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   DVD Buyer's Video Nasty Guide (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/1474-dvd-buyers-video-nasty-guide.html)

kevxxx1 6th July 2009 08:18 AM

The Slayer
Don't Look in the Basement
The Dorm that Dripped Blood/Pranks
Expose
Forest of Fear
Frozen Scream
Love Camp 7
Mardi Gras Massacre

Although these are available on DVD the releases are no better than VHS bootlegs and could all do with an upgrade.

Pete 6th July 2009 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angel (Post 32733)
Interesting that Love Camp 7 was released on DVD here. Needless to say it was an illegal release like the uncut Deep River Savages.

They also released Emanuelle and the Last Cannibals. Not sure if its uncut though.

Daemonia 6th July 2009 10:58 AM

The VCI disc of Don't Look in the Basement doesn't look too bad, certainly better than some other so-called PD stuff I've seen released on DVD!

Pete 6th July 2009 11:00 AM

I got the STAX dvd of Basement in Music Zone ( R.I.P ) for £1.97 and it doesn't look too bad.

vincenzo 6th July 2009 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loops (Post 32834)
I got the STAX dvd of Basement and it doesn't look too bad.

Same here. Pretty good print indeed.

Daemonia 6th July 2009 09:22 PM

I wonder if the Stax release was taken from the same master that VCI used - because the VCI disc looks pretty good to my eyes. It was one of the very first DVDs I ever bought.

Gold6082 5th August 2009 10:34 AM

Horror Film Comparisons and Versions help

Hey,

I am looking to get the very best versions of all the video Nasties (dpp 39) etc as well as all other legendary "brutal movies", By best I am speaking of course both picture quality and FULLY UNCUT.

I have written down a list of DVDS I currently have so that you can tell me if I have the best versions or not!! and if any titles not mentioned on my list you could direct me to an ebay/amazon etc link to the best one to get of any missing. It doesn't matter what Region as long as they are english language versions and UNCUT or the very nearest possible to UNCUT you can get.

Thanks for any help

The versions I have so far are:

House on the edge of the park, Vipco Vaults DVD & Also On EC ENTERTAINMENT DVD

CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST, 2 DISC ULTRABIT DVD EC ENTERTAINMENT & VIPCO VAULTS DVD VERSION ALSO

Cannibal Ferox, Vipco Vaults DVD & Grindhouse release version

Island Of Death, Cannot recall label off top of my head, picture of the farmer guy with his gob open and the homesexual in his mouth getting shot LOL, and the vipco ST version also

Absurd (Horrible) Mya Release

Beyond, Fulci....Ec Ent version & Vipco Vaults

Mountain Of The Cannibal God....Ec Entertainment 105 Mins running time, vipco ST 92 mins version

so any further help to make sure I get the best versions and help on others will be greatly appreciated.

Pete 5th August 2009 12:07 PM

All the Vipco editions of those movie's ( except The Beyond ) are cut.

I think the 2 disc edition of CH is missing 5 seconds from the Road to Hell sequence.

all the rest are uncut.

Gold6082 5th August 2009 03:06 PM

cheers loops

vincenzo 5th August 2009 03:31 PM

These are the uncut UK DVD releases (I haven't listed cut prints) of the DPP 39 to date. The full DPP 74 list is more extensive......

Axe (ILC release - previous Exploited DVD is cut)
Blood Feast (Odeon release - previous Tartan DVD is cut)
The Burning (Vipco)
The Devil Hunter (Severin)
Don't Go In The Woods (Film 2000)
The Driller Killer (ILC & Anchor Bay releases - previous Visual DVD is cut)
Evilspeak (Anchor Bay)
Flesh For Frankenstein (Tartan)
House By The Cemetery (Arrow of course - previous Vipco DVD is cut)
Last House On The Left (Second Sight release - previous Anchor Bay DVD is cut)
Madhouse (Film 2000 - very poor sound quality)
Night Of The Bloody Apes (Redemption release - previous Film 2000 DVD is horrendously cut)
SS Experiment Camp (Blackhorse - poor picture quality)
Tenebrae (Anchor Bay - some footage missing due to print damage)
Zombie Flesh Eaters (Anchor Bay release, though this is only available in the first Box Of The Banned - previous Stonevision DVD is cut)

The UK (Cinema Club) Cannibal Apocalypse DVD is cut but only by 2 secs (a shot of a rat on fire). The cut isn't noticeable and the extras & presentation more than compensate for this.