Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th September 2009, 03:45 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Indeed - so honest it hurts! Give that man a fiver Sam!
Old 5th September 2009, 06:18 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by snipsmovies View Post
Outstanding.

I pre-ordered all 6 of these at HMV a week ago for my Rental DVD store, and I can't wait to get them in stock.

The amount of horror that gets released in the States, we could do with a bigger share over here, and what outstanding sleeves they are too, not to mention the jaw-dropping price point.
Snip's, i've always wondered, do horror titles, particularly the lesser known titles get much interest.?

I ask , as a shop I was in had loads of dvds for sale but very little were horror , and when I asked him if the few 'name' titles was all he had he said yes as theres not much interest in horror.

Good Luck to Brain Damage Films with their first 6 releases.

Hope you do well guy's and thanks for the great sounding titles at such a wallet friendly price .
I hope the UK horror fans get behind you and give their support.
Old 5th September 2009, 09:10 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipco View Post
Snip's, i've always wondered, do horror titles, particularly the lesser known titles get much interest.?

I ask , as a shop I was in had loads of dvds for sale but very little were horror , and when I asked him if the few 'name' titles was all he had he said yes as theres not much interest in horror.

Good Luck to Brain Damage Films with their first 6 releases.

Hope you do well guy's and thanks for the great sounding titles at such a wallet friendly price .
I hope the UK horror fans get behind you and give their support.
I for will be supporting them and ordering all 6 on my nxt payday
I think horror has more interest than u think.
And the price £3 is very nice and cheap indeed even some 2nd hand shop charge more than that for some ave films..
I think there a helll of a lot more interest in lesser titles, and would sell better than some of the ave films being pushed if they was more well known
its just the more die hard fans are only ppl getting to know some of these titles.. i mean lets face it how many films are well known amongst film fans but if a friend who just enjoys watching films have nvr heard of some film u prob got
Old 6th September 2009, 10:21 AM
Cultist

Send a message via AIM to snipsmovies Send a message via MSN to snipsmovies Send a message via Yahoo to snipsmovies

Vips... Good question.

My opinion is that there is a lot of interest in horror from my customers perspective, although with it being RENTAL orientated, the customers do tend to look for a reassuring nod from myself as to whether its worth their time investment. Having said that though, the kids (15+) are always looking for a horror movie over the weekend and with literally pick up any horror with a well designed sleeve.

At the moment all of Augusts horror releases are performing really well -Cradle Will Fall, The Ungodly, Let The Right One In, From Within, Smash Cut, Dead Snow, Let The Right One In etc etc

I normally pick up every horror new release although the packed scheds Sept / Oct have lead me to leave a few dubious characters out like Dr. Chopper, and a couple of Halloween themed movies.

With the Brain Damage releases I'm intending on quelling the customers 'low budget' concerns by letting them rent 2 for the £2.50 rental price.
Old 6th September 2009, 02:17 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Their is another UK label called Brain Damage films. Cex often sell them for £1.

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 6th September 2009, 05:05 PM
Blogs Moderator

I always found that when I worked for large chain stores it was convincing buyers in the company that stocking niche titles was good business that was the problem, not demand on behalf of consumers.

The problem in mainstream retail is not the films, it's having staff who can put these titles in peoples hands and enthuse about them.

Example: My branch of MVC sold more copies of Battle Royale than any other because I worked there and loved the movie.

Unfortunately, as companies move towards part time and zero hours contracts for employees, the emphasis is more on bulk sales of big chart titles, because product knowledge isn't as important anymore.

Having said that, HMV in Cardiff does have excellent world and horror sections because it's a flagship store.
Old 6th September 2009, 06:08 PM
Cultist

Send a message via AIM to snipsmovies Send a message via MSN to snipsmovies Send a message via Yahoo to snipsmovies

So very true Sam. Really good post.

Gets me really angry when I go into my GF's place of work (the devil that is Blockbuster) and all her part-time staff are so clueless with regard to movies. But as you say - you get what you pay for ref: contracted hours and hourly wage.

Just get jealous of the States so often with their mega horror release schedule and seeing so many Indie companies trading nicely.
Old 7th September 2009, 01:25 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Do brain damage films have there own site any 1 know of if so could some 1link it me please thanks
Old 7th September 2009, 09:21 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Even though modern no budgeters dont really appeal to me, i'll definitely be ordering them for the shop.

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 7th September 2009, 10:25 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

All no budgeters- modern or old- appeal to me as long as they're either slashers or backwoods horror.

Like this? Share it using the links below!