Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   Code Red (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/1659-code-red.html)

Justin101 8th August 2016 10:50 AM

I agree, Argento almost always has American or British stars leading his films therefore the English dub would be the preferred audio option for me. Others may disagree and I think there should be the option for customers to make up their own mind. I couldn't imagine watching Inferno, Deep Red, Suspiria, Phenomena or Opera in anything but English.

JAMIOUSE 8th August 2016 06:17 PM

Doesn't Argento shoot most of his films with the cast delivering their dialogue on set in English? Certainly his films from the mid seventies onwards seem to have the cast doing so.

JAMIOUSE 9th August 2016 09:44 PM

From a post on BluRage today it sounds like Bill has given up on the Italian titles, deciphering his post it sounds like he can't be bothered with the hassle of the fans and the low sales. The low sales would be helped if the announced titles actually materialised and people could buy them.

trebor8273 9th August 2016 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAMIOUSE (Post 500872)
From a post on BluRage today it sounds like Bill has given up on the Italian titles, deciphering his post it sounds like he can't be bothered with the hassle of the fans and the low sales. The low sales would be helped if the announced titles actually materialised and people could buy them.

GOOD. with any luck they will be picked up by someone that's not a complete prick, but suspect its just him spitting his dummy out and will continue releasing italian titles

Demdike@Cult Labs 9th August 2016 10:40 PM

I've just attempted to read 6 pages on CR on Blurage. It's like pulling teeth.

Bill pulls titles on a whim then complains of low sales. Moans about having 350 copies of Julie Darling in his basement, but he won't sell one to me. HYPOCRITE!.

The rest of the 6 pages are the various posters bitching at each other.

It's one forum that's seriously hard work.

P.S. Who keeps stealing his US titles?

sjconstable 10th August 2016 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 500878)

Arrow US probably.

JAMIOUSE 10th August 2016 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 500878)
I've just attempted to read 6 pages on CR on Blurage. It's like pulling teeth.

Bill pulls titles on a whim then complains of low sales. Moans about having 350 copies of Julie Darling in his basement, but he won't sell one to me. HYPOCRITE!.

The rest of the 6 pages are the various posters bitching at each other.

It's one forum that's seriously hard work.

Dunno I was wondering what company keeps stealing his titles, maybe if he made his product easier to get people would buy Code Red's edition as opposed to these "other editions" that people are supposedly buying.

BAKA 10th August 2016 02:51 PM

He keeps making digs at Vinegar Syndrome, so I wouldn't be surprised to see a few more former Code Red titles pop up from them in the future.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 10th August 2016 05:49 PM

https://scontent.fewr1-1.fna.fbcdn.n...22815672_o.jpg

Quote:

"Public Domain labels created a large FAN BASE for this Laura Gemser and Jack Palance erotic Joe D'amato classic. So why not release a legit version for 2017?

Code Red in conjunction with Variety films bring you BLACK COBRA for 2k scan Blu-ray!"

JAMIOUSE 10th August 2016 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BAKA (Post 500935)
He keeps making digs at Vinegar Syndrome, so I wouldn't be surprised to see a few more former Code Red titles pop up from them in the future.

Well obviously Bill doesn't understand that when your rights expire other companies can buy them, the upshot been that Vinegar Syndrome sell their releases comercially through Amazon and brick & mortar stores making actual sales.