Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   Blue Underground Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/175-blue-underground-thread.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 15th January 2014 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daemonia (Post 387451)
Dem, did you miss the Maniac Cop 2 and 3 Blu-ray releases from them recently?

They've also put out Snuff on Blu and are in the process of putting together another 4 films on Blu. Not quite dead in the water yet. I, for one, am glad they're re-issuing titles on Blu. :)

Sorry yeah i forgot the MC releases.

Then again three NEW films in 18 months is hardly prolific. They seem to be on life support regarding new material rather than dead in the water, especially when you consider the amount of NEW material Code Red, Vinegar and Scorpion are releasing.

BU used to be my fave company a few years ago.

JAMIOUSE 15th January 2014 07:09 PM

I think it's all down to economics with a lot of these companies and avaliable materials. As many unreleased titles don't have know masters or if they have masters there in terrible condition.

Paul@TheOverlook 15th January 2014 09:00 PM

MANIAC COP 2 looks and sounds awesome on Blu-ray. A proper stellar job.

Demdike@Cult Labs 15th January 2014 09:48 PM

Have there been any statements from BU about the lack of new films at all or the direction they are taking in the future?

Just wondered as some other label bosses never shut up. :lol:

Paul@TheOverlook 15th January 2014 11:14 PM

Unofficially, someone I know went out for dinner with Bill Lustig and he bemoaned the state of the intustry, etc, etc. This was over a year ago and there had been a lull but things seem to be picking up again for BU. Let's hope there's more to come.

Vampix 16th January 2014 11:09 AM

I'd like to see them put out Hell of the Living Dead, Nightmare City, Contamination and Mark of the Devil onto Blu. :nod:

trebor8273 16th January 2014 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vampix (Post 387583)
I'd like to see them put out Hell of the Living Dead, Nightmare City, Contamination and Mark of the Devil onto Blu. :nod:

Nightmare city is never going to happen as raro have bought it out for America and arrow are bringing it out later here.

They are bringing hell of the living dead later this year in a double pack with the rats night of terror

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 16th January 2014 11:14 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Pete 16th January 2014 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 387584)
Nightmare city is never going to happen as raro have bought it out for America and arrow are bring out later here. They are bringing hell of the living dead later this year in a double pack with the rats night of terror

Arrow are also doing Mark of the Devil :)

trebor8273 16th January 2014 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 387590)
Arrow are also doing Mark of the Devil :)

Great news I must of missed when they announced that one.