Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   Blue Underground Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/175-blue-underground-thread.html)

michal 26th July 2016 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antropophagus (Post 498782)
I'll wait when it's on sale for $10-15. It's the right price for a dud of a film like that.

for my dad this is the worst of all early 80s Italian horror films he even alien 2
on earth is the movie that he likes better

sjconstable 26th July 2016 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michal (Post 498764)
who is pre ordering Manhattan baby from Diabolik . it has plenty of extras
another must have for die hard fulci fans

I'm annoyed it doesn't have the Italian audio.

michal 27th July 2016 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sjconstable (Post 498867)
I'm annoyed it doesn't have the Italian audio.

the rights are to expensive to have that track i asked theme

michal 27th July 2016 08:27 AM

strange no Giovanni Frezza interview on Manhattan baby blu ray may be
he want to much money

sjconstable 27th July 2016 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michal (Post 498888)
the rights are to expensive to have that track i asked theme

I think they're being cheapskates.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 27th July 2016 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michal (Post 498764)
who is pre ordering Manhattan baby from Diabolik . it has plenty of extras
another must have for die hard fulci fans

It'll need plenty of extras to sell!

I see they've even included the soundtrack cd!

Obviously Fulci sells,but I can't help feeling that Bill could have poured his hard earned into something like Don't Torture A Duckling.

This has got to be one of Fulci's worst.
I've always had trouble sitting through it without my finger hovvering over the FF button!

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 27th July 2016 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 498955)
It'll need plenty of extras to sell!

I see they've even included the soundtrack cd!

Obviously Fulci sells,but I can't help feeling that Bill could have poured his hard earned into something like Don't Torture A Duckling.

This has got to be one of Fulci's worst.
I've always had trouble sitting through it without my finger hovvering over the FF button!

Apparently Bill's excuse for not releasing Duckling is due to predicted poor sales. Yet he releases Manhattan Baby instead?! :crazy:

Deathdream is apparently coming though so there is a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel that is Blue Underground's current bizarre release strategy.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 27th July 2016 07:39 PM

A FAR better film.Deathdream is great.
Inventive and original low budget filmaking at it's best!

I have the German Blu of this,but I'll be picking up Bill's (along with Manhattan Baby!) :rolleyes:

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 27th July 2016 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 498963)
A FAR better film.Deathdream is great.
Inventive and original low budget filmaking at it's best!

I have the German Blu of this,but I'll be picking up Bill's (along with Manhattan Baby!) :rolleyes:

Yeah, Deathdream is great. I'm looking forward to adding it to my BU Blu collection.

Demdike@Cult Labs 27th July 2016 09:58 PM

Manhattan Baby as Reaps said is one of those films that you just want to FFW> through.

If i was BD compatible i wouldn't even contemplate upgrading my Shameless dvd.

Justin101 28th July 2016 10:34 AM

99 Women is to have the 'infamous French Cut' (according to Twitter) remastered in HD included on the forthcoming Blue Underground set :)

I've never seen either cut but I'll be ordering it because more Franco is always welcomed.

Demdike@Cult Labs 28th July 2016 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 499039)
99 Women is to have the 'infamous French Cut' (according to Twitter) remastered in HD included on the forthcoming Blue Underground set :)

I've never seen either cut but I'll be ordering it because more Franco is always welcomed.

Well it would if it were actually Franco.

99 Women was a British / Spanish production by former ITC producer Harry Alan Towers.

The proper version is the original 1969 movie filmed by Franco that really isn't that exploitative as none of Towers productions were.

The French cut added scenes of hardcore in which none of the films actors appeared in and these scenes were directed by Bruno Mattei.

In a way it's like adding hardcore sequences to The Great Escape and pretending they are part of the original film or some sort of directors cut.

Justin101 28th July 2016 10:44 AM

Not Bruno Mattei ugh, well it still has the proper version included as the French version is included as an extra so it'll still be worth getting, unless, that is, the film is no good.

While I'm at it, is 'The Girl From Rio' much cop? It's recently been released on BD again by Blue Underground.

Demdike@Cult Labs 28th July 2016 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 499041)
Not Bruno Mattei ugh, well it still has the proper version included as the French version is included as an extra so it'll still be worth getting, unless, that is, the film is no good.

While I'm at it, is 'The Girl From Rio' much cop? It's recently been released on BD again by Blue Underground.

I like it. Again it's a Harry Alan Towers production.

They were Franco's biggest international successes. They were filmed in exotic locations and always looked superb, also they pulled in a cast of international stars like Christopher Lee, Herbert Lom, George Sanders, Mercedes McCambridge, Klaus Kinski, Shirley Eaton and Richard Greene. The majority of these people were not hardcore stars. :lol:

99 Women is less exotic than The Girl from Rio, (some stunning architecture in that) and probably not as good but still well worth collecting in my opinion.

The blu-ray picture should be shit hot as i have all the Towers films on dvd and they all positively sparkle on that primitive format. ;)

Susan Foreman 28th July 2016 03:26 PM

Don't know if this has been mentioned, but Blue Underground have just released a U.S three disc Blu-Ray set entitled 'Killer Thrillers Collection' that contains three titles that were previously released by Shameless: Baba Yaga, Night Train Murders and Strip Nude For Your Killer

https://www.amazon.com/Killer-Thrill...ers+collection

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 28th July 2016 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 499110)
Don't know if this has been mentioned, but Blue Underground have just released a U.S three disc Blu-Ray set entitled 'Killer Thrillers Collection' that contains three titles that were previously released by Shameless: Baba Yaga, Night Train Murders and Strip Nude For Your Killer

https://www.amazon.com/Killer-Thrill...ers+collection

Nice set, but it's a shame the only one I don't already have on BD is Strip Nude for Your Killer. I'll have a look and, if it's available individually, buy it – I really like a bit of sleaze sometimes.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 12th August 2016 10:33 AM

https://scontent.ford1-1.fna.fbcdn.n...db&oe=58224346

Quote:

NEW TITLE ANNOUNCEMENT: We're bringing the pioneering Naziploitation classic LOVE CAMP 7 to Blu-ray & DVD early next year in its complete Uncensored Version. One of the original 'video nasties' banned in the UK, LOVE CAMP 7 will feature a brand-new 4K scan from the recently discovered original camera negative!

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 12th August 2016 05:08 PM

A Nazi piece of work......:behindsofa:

Susan Foreman 18th August 2016 07:22 AM

'Love Camp 7' was refused a certificate in 2002, suggesting that the BBFC still have a problem with it:

"The BBFC has refused a classification to the video of LOVE CAMP 7. LOVE CAMP 7 is an exploitation film set in a Nazi 'love camp' during the second World War. The film contains numerous scenes of women prisoners being abused,tortured and humiliated by their Nazi captors. Indeed the whole purpose of the work is to invite male viewers to relish the spectacle of naked women being humiliated for their titillation. LOVE CAMP 7 contains both eroticised depictions of sexual violence and repeated association of sex with restraint,pain,and humiliation. These sequences were in clear contravention of the Board's strict policy on depictions of sexual violence,which prohibits scenes that eroticise or endorse sexual assault. The possibility of cuts was considered. However,because the sexual violence runs throughout the work cutting was not considered to be a viable option."

LOVE CAMP 7 | British Board of Film Classification

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 18th August 2016 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 501869)
'Love Camp 7' was refused a certificate in 2002, suggesting that the BBFC still have a problem with it:

"The BBFC has refused a classification to the video of LOVE CAMP 7. LOVE CAMP 7 is an exploitation film set in a Nazi 'love camp' during the second World War. The film contains numerous scenes of women prisoners being abused,tortured and humiliated by their Nazi captors. Indeed the whole purpose of the work is to invite male viewers to relish the spectacle of naked women being humiliated for their titillation. LOVE CAMP 7 contains both eroticised depictions of sexual violence and repeated association of sex with restraint,pain,and humiliation. These sequences were in clear contravention of the Board's strict policy on depictions of sexual violence,which prohibits scenes that eroticise or endorse sexual assault. The possibility of cuts was considered. However,because the sexual violence runs throughout the work cutting was not considered to be a viable option."

LOVE CAMP 7 | British Board of Film Classification

Although that was 14 years ago and a lot has changed to Soho Square since, including longest ever cuts of films including Cannibal Holocaust, and others being released uncut for the very first time, for Love Camp 7 to be released largely, or entirely, uncut would truly be groundbreaking.

JAMIOUSE 18th August 2016 06:04 PM

Love Camp has always intrigued me, when I first got into cult films I just assumed it was another Italian nazi-exploitation film so this is a possible buy for me...

Rob4 15th September 2016 01:55 PM

Death Line (aka Raw Meat) scheduled for 2017

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 30th September 2016 07:35 AM

Quote:

SURPRISE TITLE ANNOUNCEMENT: After 10+ years of trying, we're very pleased to announce that we've finally closed the deal to bring Dick Maas's AMSTERDAMNED and THE LIFT to the U.S. for the first time since VHS & LaserDisc! Blu-ray and DVD will be released at some point next year. Nothing else to report at this time.

Zann 7th October 2016 05:34 PM

Snuff

Can anyone tell me the difference between the special edition BD and the standard please? One's red the other's blue?

Susan Foreman 7th October 2016 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zann (Post 507475)
Snuff

Can anyone tell me the difference between the special edition BD and the standard please? One's red the other's blue?

At a quick look, I would say that this one ($29.98) is a Blu-Ray

http://www.blue-underground.com/boxc...-BD-7042_s.jpg

while this one ($19.98) is a DVD

http://www.blue-underground.com/boxc...-DV-1155_s.jpg

Zann 7th October 2016 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 507480)
At a quick look, I would say that this one ($29.98) is a Blu-Ray

http://www.blue-underground.com/boxc...-BD-7042_s.jpg

while this one ($19.98) is a DVD

http://www.blue-underground.com/boxc...-DV-1155_s.jpg

Sussed it. From their FB page apparently the only thing special is a red case and reversible artwork.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 30th January 2017 07:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Yep the S.E. has the original 'Video Nasty' artwork on the reverse.:cool:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 30th January 2017 07:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
28th February.:clap:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 30th January 2017 07:52 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Blue Underground have had an impressive start to the year.
Hopefully the Dick Maas films won't be too long now.:hail:

Deadite 30th January 2017 08:07 PM

Never seen The Lift. What's it like? I kinda like Amsterdamned's irreverent style - which whilst not particularly scary, has a certain cosy demented charm to it.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 30th January 2017 08:14 PM

As does THE LIFT mate.
It also stars Huub Stapel as a lift repairman who discovers a murderous,demonic lift!:lol:

I still have the French DVD.
One of the couple of hundred I'll keep until the Blu appears.;)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ya_66Tloo2Y

Yeah AMSTERDAMMED is one of my faves as well.

Rob4 4th February 2017 10:18 AM

1 Attachment(s)
a double dose of Lee Manchu from the boys in Blue

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 7th March 2017 07:20 PM

Had a refund from CD WOW for BU's DEATH LINE.
It's also disappeared from BU's site.:cry:

Rob4 7th March 2017 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 523927)
Had a refund from CD WOW for BU's DEATH LINE.
It's also disappeared from BU's site.:cry:

That's... disappointing

Rob4 31st March 2017 03:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Mind the doors!!!! Death Line specs and release date announced

Details announced by Blue Underground:

We've had numerous people asking for updates, and now we can finally reveal that DEATH LINE (aka RAW MEAT) will be unleashed on June 27, 2017!

Beneath Modern London Lives a Tribe of Once Humans. Neither Men nor Women... They are the Raw Meat of the Human Race!

When a prominent politician and a beautiful young woman vanish inside a London subway station, Scotland Yard’s Inspector Calhoun (Donald Pleasence of HALLOWEEN) investigates and makes a horrifying discovery. Not only did a group of 19th century tunnel workers survive a cave-in, but they lived for years in a secret underground enclave by consuming the flesh of their own dead. Now the lone descendant of this grisly tribe has surfaced, prowling the streets for fresh victims… and a new mate.

Norman Rossington (A HARD DAY’S NIGHT), David Ladd (THE WILD GEESE), Sharon Gurney (CRUCIBLE OF HORROR), and the legendary Christopher Lee (HORROR OF DRACULA) also star in this heart-stopping horror classic co-written and directed by Gary Sherman (DEAD & BURIED). Originally recut and released as RAW MEAT in the United States, now DEATH LINE has been freshly transferred and fully restored in 2K from the original uncensored camera negative and comes fully loaded with exclusive new Extras produced for this release!

Extras:
• Audio Commentary with Co-Writer/Director Gary Sherman, Producer Paul Maslansky, and Assistant Director Lewis More O’Ferrall
• Tales From The Tube – Interview with Co-Writer/Director Gary Sherman and Executive Producers Jay Kanter & Alan Ladd Jr.
• From The Depths – Interview with Star David Ladd and Producer Paul Maslansky
• Mind The Doors – Interview with Star Hugh Armstrong
• DEATH LINE Trailer
• RAW MEAT Trailer
• RAW MEAT TV Spots
• RAW MEAT Radio Spots
• Poster & Still Gallery
• BONUS Collectable Booklet featuring new writing by authors Michael Gingold and Christopher Gullo

• Brand new 2K restoration from the original uncensored camera negative approved by Director Gary Sherman
• Exclusive Limited Edition includes Blu-ray, DVD, bonus collectable booklet, reversible "Raw Meat" sleeve, and special packaging

Video Specs: Widescreen 1.85:1/16x9
Audio Specs: English DTS-HD Mono/Dolby Digital Mono
Optional Subtitles: English SDH, French, Spanish
ALL REGIONS

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 31st March 2017 09:14 PM

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 31st March 2017 09:14 PM

Any word on the Dick Mass epics?

Demoncrat 1st April 2017 10:01 PM

Re Death Line

:biggrin::bananapair::madgrin::dog::bananatrain:

Ahem

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 1st April 2017 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 526409)
Any word on the Dick Mass epics?

Posted on their FB page a few days ago:

http://i65.tinypic.com/14w901x.jpg

Quote:

QC on AMSTERDAMNED master is underway and it looks beautiful! New 2K scan from original negative with color grading approved by Dick Maas
Also:

http://i68.tinypic.com/eqtkqd.jpg

Quote:

SURPRISE TITLE ANNOUNCEMENT: We're bringing DOWN (aka THE SHAFT) to Blu-ray & DVD later this year! Dick Maas's remake of THE LIFT will finally be presented in its proper 2.35:1 aspect ratio on U.S. home video!!

Vampix 1st April 2017 11:20 PM

Great news about the Death Line blu-ray, and it's region free too! :clap: