Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree1457Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th July 2018, 10:38 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Lol! I seriously want to see it now because of the hilariousness of the poster!
If that was a poster for a modern film, it would definately be a comedy. Just replace the guy's face with Jonah Hill or Will Ferrell!
Comedy gold!
trebor8273 likes this.
Old 7th July 2018, 11:13 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostalgic View Post
Lol! I seriously want to see it now because of the hilariousness of the poster!
If that was a poster for a modern film, it would definately be a comedy. Just replace the guy's face with Jonah Hill or Will Ferrell!
Comedy gold!
The actual reason for the snorkel is even dafter than the poster itself.
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 7th July 2018, 11:42 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I really enjoyed The Snorkel. Okay, he looks a bit ridiculous. But it's a great film apart from that.
Old 8th July 2018, 10:56 AM
Seasoned Cultist

i have never seen any of these old black and white Hammers, but The snorkel looks fun despite the funny looking chap
Old 8th July 2018, 06:08 PM
Cult Acolyte

THE SNORKEL was on TALKING PICTURES last night and THESE ARE THE DAMNED was shown a few nights back.
Demoncrat and nosferatu42 like this.
Old 30th July 2018, 06:14 PM
Cult Master

Just released on DVD, and available from Amazon UK - 'Flesh And Blood: The Hammer Heritage Of Horror' (£19.99)

"Explore the most legendary horror studio of all time with this fascinating, frightening journey hosted by terror titans Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing.

England's most successful independent film company, the "fear factory" of Hammer Studios, has a history filled with feuds, censorship battles and streaks of luck both good and bad.

Now the legacy of horror returns, featuring interviews with such Hammer legends as Raquel Welch, Veronica Carlson, Caroline Munro, Ingrid Pitt, Jimmy Sangster, Hazel Court, Martine Beswicke, Freddie Francis, Val Guest and Ray Harryhausen.

This DVD also includes behind-the-scenes home movies and nonstop shock scenes from over 40 classic films, including Horror of Dracula, Curse of Frankenstein, The Devil Rides Out, Curse of the Werewolf and many more.

The definitive study of one of the greatest names in horror!"

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 30th July 2018, 07:09 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

That's been out for years on region one. I think Image released it then Anchor Bay or it could have been the other way round.

No idea if it's any good. Supposedly it's quite basic and i presume due to rights issues they can't actually show film clips just trailers.
keirarts likes this.
Old 30th July 2018, 07:26 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

It’s not worth £20, I’ve still got it on VHS taped off the telly when it first aired all those years ago, I’d probably pay a tenner for it, definitely not essential for Hammer fans and nowhere near as good as the second episode in Mark Gattiss’s History of Horror series
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 30th July 2018, 07:36 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
It’s not worth £20, I’ve still got it on VHS taped off the telly when it first aired all those years ago, I’d probably pay a tenner for it, definitely not essential for Hammer fans and nowhere near as good as the second episode in Mark Gattiss’s History of Horror series
Doe it feature clips can you recall, or just trailers?
Old 30th July 2018, 07:44 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Doe it feature clips can you recall, or just trailers?
I can’t remember it’s been that long since I watched it, I haven’t had a working VHS player for about 15 years!
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!

Like this? Share it using the links below!