All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree688Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22nd September 2014, 08:16 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

DON'T ANSWER THE PHONE for me,although until some decent art comes along,I'll be holding on to the below hardbox as well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg datp.jpg (13.5 KB, 7 views)
Demoncrat likes this.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 17th October 2014, 12:47 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

From Diabolik's FB:

Quote:
Here is the word on the Scorpion Releasing orders. A huge pallet of discs came in late Wed afternoon, we spent yesterday unboxing and preparing them to ship and we are working on those now. We will have some extras up on the site once the people that preordered are shipped. If you email us and ask us when your order is shipping it simply takes away from the time we have to box up your order, so please refrain!
Old 17th October 2014, 04:54 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Yeah I asked them if my Don't Answer The Phone had shipped.
Recieved a reply within an hour!

At least Olsen's brother has some good business sense eh?

He should take over the reigns.....

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 18th October 2014, 08:27 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post
Yeah I asked them if my Don't Answer The Phone had shipped.
Recieved a reply within an hour!

At least Olsen's brother has some good business sense eh?

He should take over the reigns.....
100% agree. Merge Scorpion and code red. Get Bill primarily working on obtaining new films and keep him away from the business/PR side of things. I've spent a ton of cash on scorpion titles this year. Would have been happy to spend the same on Code red but it looks like the stuff I want is just going to gather dust in his warehouse while he moans on Facebook about titles not selling.
Old 27th October 2014, 07:00 AM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Scorpion announcement:

Quote:
From FB:

Sorry to report but the planned Scorpion Releasing web site has ran into some unforeseen road blocks and will be delayed. The goal was to have it up and running around this month but that is not happening sadly. So for the time being I have to use a bigcartel site to take orders for the limited edition Blu's. The good news regarding the temporary bigcartel site is that it will have a new limited blu-ray release, SORORITY HOUSE MASSACRE available for order along with the previously announced limited blu-ray releases of GIRLY, DON'T ANSWER THE PHONE, MORTUARY and ISLAND CLAWS.

All 5 titles will be shipping out on around Nov 3rd. We also have limited units of DIRT BIKE KID Blu for sale before street date as well. And we will be taking pre-books for up coming titles like STRIPPED TO KILL, HOLLYWOOD BLVD, WHERE THE BOYS ARE 84, and CANDLE FOR THE DEVIL as well in the future. See their listings for updates. I will also be listing some of my OOP titles that was returned to me by my old distributor so check the site periodically for new listings.

Rights are available only for North American territories so we can only ship to addresses within those countries. However, we will be supplying a number of these to DiabolikDVD.com as well, and it is their business choice and practice whether to ship them internationally.

Here is the link to the temporary store Scorpion Releasing — Home the store should be up later today.
Old 27th October 2014, 06:06 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Good announcement.Honest and keeps customers informed.

The way it should be.

Old 27th October 2014, 06:14 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

I really don't understand this new craze of US distributors avoiding shipping titles abroad due to 'North American rights only' though. Amazon ship all over the world, as do many of the other bigger players like Zavvi. Then we have UK independents like Arrow and Eureka who will ship abroad and places like Yes Asia who also ship internationally. It's almost as though some of these companies don't want the 'hassle' and therefore aren't bothered about the extra custom. It's not as if it's illegal to import and export goods abroad after all, that's why there are customs forms. Baffling.
Old 27th October 2014, 06:15 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Incidentally, has anyone who is based in the UK and who ordered the latest batch of Scorpion titles from Diabolik received them (or a shipping notification) yet?
Old 27th October 2014, 06:16 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Nope.No DATP yet.Although they did say it was shipping soon...

Old 27th October 2014, 06:18 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
I really don't understand this new craze of US distributors avoiding shipping titles abroad due to 'North American rights only' though. Amazon ship all over the world, as do many of the other bigger players like Zavvi. Then we have UK independents like Arrow and Eureka who will ship abroad and places like Yes Asia who also ship internationally. It's almost as though some of these companies don't want the 'hassle' and therefore aren't bothered about the extra custom. It's not as if it's illegal to import and export goods abroad after all, that's why there are customs forms. Baffling.
Nailed it.

I was referring to HOW he explains to customers mate.
Obviously he ain't been taking lessons from Bill!

Like this? Share it using the links below!