Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   The Arrow Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/6211-arrow-thread.html)

Susan Foreman 11th February 2017 12:05 PM

Calum isn't happy:

"We trust Arrow Video will NOT use our work on their remaster of PHENOMENA. We repeat: we do not want to be associated with this label in any way, shape or form and deeply regret ever working for them."

Nostalgic 11th February 2017 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 520735)
Calum isn't happy:

"We trust Arrow Video will NOT use our work on their remaster of PHENOMENA. We repeat: we do not want to be associated with this label in any way, shape or form and deeply regret ever working for them."

I must have missed something? New documentary on phenomena perhaps? And now they don't want arrow using it on a re-release?

Demdike@Cult Labs 11th February 2017 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nostalgic (Post 520738)
I must have missed something? New documentary on phenomena perhaps? And now they don't want arrow using it on a re-release?

It's been brought up a lot on here in the past and doesn't need going over again. It's nothing to do with us.

(Look up Calum's past posts if you want to find out)

SymbioticFunction 11th February 2017 02:02 PM

Surely Arrow own the rights to the old Phenomena blu-ray extras? Don't see why they wouldn't be able to use them

Frankenhooker 11th February 2017 02:15 PM

I doubt they own the rights, more like they licensed them from High Rising with certain contractual obligations. Dem is right, the whole thing is tiresome.

I'm kind of happy with the first Arrow release, I don't think I'll bother with this new one.

Rob4 11th February 2017 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankenhooker (Post 520746)
I doubt they own the rights, more like they licensed them from High Rising with certain contractual obligations. Dem is right, the whole thing is tiresome.

I'm kind of happy with the first Arrow release, I don't think I'll bother with this new one.

the Phenomena transfer is very good and i can't see even a 4K scan getting that much more out of the picture. however, i think the success of the Deep Red reissue made these upgrades inevitable. clearly Argento fans are devout and are quite willing to stump up for a few extra extras and a reverse poster, if indeed Arrow replicate the Deep Red presentation.

michal 11th February 2017 02:37 PM

That guy from synapse blu ray forum told hat new arrow phenomena release will have all new extras .

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 11th February 2017 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SymbioticFunction (Post 520744)
Surely Arrow own the rights to the old Phenomena blu-ray extras? Don't see why they wouldn't be able to use them

My understanding is Arrow don't own the rights to High Rising Productions' material, which was commissioned by them on a case-by-case basis. It is a little like a freelance journalist writing an article for a magazine and then the publisher putting the article in a new magazine without giving the author any more money or consulting them.

Like most, I am more than happy with the most recent Phenomena BD and don't have a pressing need to buy another copy.

trebor8273 11th February 2017 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 520735)
Calum isn't happy:

What actually went on and whom is too blame, heard that he doesn't !ike them but don't know why.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 11th February 2017 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 520780)
What actually went on and whom is too blame, heard that he doesn't !ike them but don't know why.

Rather than derail this thread, it's best if you have a look at his posts in this thread from a few years ago or on his Twitter or Facebook accounts.