Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   The Arrow Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/6211-arrow-thread.html)

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 17th February 2017 08:19 PM

Phenomena and Brain Damage ordered.
Be interesting what reverse art they use on the Phenomena discs.

Three words.

Graham Humphreys Creepers :nod:

Rob4 17th February 2017 08:22 PM

Mixed feelings about the releases. Phenomena will be a cert but I'm never happy with double dipping whatever the quality of the upgrade. Like Brain Damage but not enough for a LE so will probably wait for the standard edition. Evil Ed is way down my buy list and only sale material.

Would like to see more golden age Italian horror, giallos and American Independents. They need to read Jonathan Rigby's Euro Gothic to get some new ideas.

J Harker 17th February 2017 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob4 (Post 521739)
They need to read Jonathan Rigby's Euro Gothic to get some new ideas.

I'm still trying to read it.[emoji57]

Rik 17th February 2017 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 521747)
I'm still trying to read it.[emoji57]

Me too, don't seem to have the time to sit and read it, it'd be easier if it was formatted differently so I could dip in and out like Nightmare USA :nod:

BAKA 17th February 2017 09:13 PM

I want them all. :luigi:

J Harker 17th February 2017 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 521750)
Me too, don't seem to have the time to sit and read it, it'd be easier if it was formatted differently so I could dip in and out like Nightmare USA :nod:

It's the first of Rigby's books I've picked up but I must be honest I don't find it an particularly enjoyable read. It's informative and what not but it just seems quite poorly laid out. Not very enticing.

Rik 17th February 2017 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 521756)
It's the first of Rigby's books I've picked up but I must be honest I don't find it an particularly enjoyable read. It's informative and what not but it just seems quite poorly laid out. Not very enticing.

Exactly what I think :nod:

J Harker 17th February 2017 10:08 PM

Shame as I was really looking forward to it. I've been meaning to pick English Gothic up when I find a reasonably priced copy but Euro Gothic has put me off a little.

SymbioticFunction 18th February 2017 01:14 PM

Pre-ordered Phenomena from Amazon, looks and sounds like a really nice set. The current price is 40 pounds but I expect that it will drop to 24 pounds (like Donnie Darko limited edition did). The good news is that UK firm Cex are offering 11 pounds cash for my current OOP Arrow bd so I will get that money off the eventual price.

J Harker 18th February 2017 03:23 PM

I'm surprised Phenomena is so pricey. The Deep Red Ltd Ed set was under £20 from day one wasn't it? I got it from HMV for £17.99.