Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   The Arrow Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/6211-arrow-thread.html)

Stephen@Cult Labs 2nd October 2015 06:13 PM

The Arrow Films / Video Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 463351)
Some of their Facebook fans have always been a little unhinged, I remember the whole zombie flesh eaters missing boat fiasco on Facebook that brought some complete psycho nut jobs out of the woodwork !

That was me...... :)

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 2nd October 2015 07:57 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 463003)
Looks good, but I'm going to wait for the eventual amaray releases.

Like Videodrome it's too good a set to pass up,but like you I'll buy the Amarays as well.
Hopefully be the below reverse covers.:nod:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 2nd October 2015 07:59 PM

That it for January Arrow?

J Harker 2nd October 2015 08:27 PM

They can keep that lot.

Rik 2nd October 2015 08:33 PM

Yeah, they're getting enough brass out of me with the Hellraiser and Black Cats boxsets

Stephen@Cult Labs 2nd October 2015 08:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 463367)
Like Videodrome it's too good a set to pass up,but like you I'll buy the Amarays as well.

Hopefully be the below reverse covers.:nod:

Actually, I'd like this for Hellbound. Always preferred it for some reason (maybe as it has more than just Pinhead on it).

Attachment 170741

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 2nd October 2015 08:42 PM

:lol:

Yeah the thumbheadraiser-forgot about him!

Rik 2nd October 2015 08:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I think I'm most looking forward to finally seeing the mythical "surgeon scene"

Attachment 170742

Stephen@Cult Labs 2nd October 2015 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 463381)
I think I'm most looking forward to finally seeing the mythical "surgeon scene"

Attachment 170742

Same here, even though, by all accounts, it's a bit crap.

Rik 2nd October 2015 09:06 PM

Yeah, everything I've read about it for years led me to believe it wasn't even filmed, including Doug himself confirming this on numerous occasions, so it's probably a dodgy ultra low quality camcorder clip that someone on set filmed :lol:

Stephen@Cult Labs 2nd October 2015 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 463388)
Yeah, everything I've read about it for years led me to believe it wasn't even filmed, including Doug himself confirming this on numerous occasions, so it's probably a dodgy ultra low quality camcorder clip that someone on set filmed :lol:

Yeah, that's what everyone thought. Looking forward to it though.

Buboven 2nd October 2015 09:54 PM

Hellraiser 2 is abysmal in my opinion. Everything that made the original a very good film was non-existent, a overblown and poorly paced, confusing gory mess.

Rik 2nd October 2015 10:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 170745

sjconstable 2nd October 2015 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buboven (Post 463400)
Hellraiser 2 is abysmal in my opinion. Everything that made the original a very good film was non-existent, a overblown and poorly paced, confusing gory mess.

Get out.

Zann 3rd October 2015 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buboven (Post 463400)

Really surprised a fan if the first wouldn't like the second. Kenneth Cranham's Doctor brought new and welcome levels of darkness and sickness imo. Certainly the first half of the film is the best as we learn what the Doctor is up to etc. Hellraiser III onwards start to get a bit shit though admittedly.

will graham 3rd October 2015 11:18 AM

Sorry guys but I didn't like part 3, reading about it I expected the film to be more apocalyptic, you know hell on earth. There's some good ideas but in the end they were trying to make a Freddy/Chucky type film when the previous films weren't like that.

Not interested in Arrow's current line-up.

To be honest my interest in these cult releasing companies is fading. I think it's because most of the films I wanted to see collector's editions of, have already been released, are with companies that don't license (lionsgate for starters) or have gone to companies that don't do special features (god I hate 101 films).

Anyone else feel this way?

Boo Radley 3rd October 2015 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by will graham (Post 463439)
Sorry guys but I didn't like part 3, reading about it I expected the film to be more apocalyptic, you know hell on earth. There's some good ideas but in the end they were trying to make a Freddy/Chucky type film when the previous films weren't like that.

Not interested in Arrow's current line-up.

To be honest my interest in these cult releasing companies is fading. I think it's because most of the films I wanted to see collector's editions of, have already been released, are with companies that don't license (lionsgate for starters) or have gone to companies that don't do special features (god I hate 101 films).

Anyone else feel this way?

No. I'm completely the opposite! Although Arrow are releasing a few things I'm not really in to, others are stepping up to the plate and hitting it out of the park. In just the last week or so I've bought shitloads and over the course of this year I have spent more on films than the last two years put together.

It comes down to what floats your boat. I might look at a release like Thundercrack! and get all excited while to others it's a pile of poo. I do like extra's but if I want a film and the only release is bare bones then that doesn't bother me much. Which is why I probably double/treble dip a lot!!

I think this year has been outstanding for genre fans but my missus would prefer it if they slowed down a bit. Me, I'm in my element ! :lol:

gag 3rd October 2015 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 463350)
Yeah, but when you make a joke on Facebook about some of their fans, you get accused of being Xenophobic ha ha
All I said was their Pokemon fans will surely lap up these releases like everything else they put out i.e Gotta Catch Em All! Some people really need to leave the house and meet real people from time to time!

Tell me about it, i work with one lad he 100% puddled and living in a virtual world.
He one of these he never makes sense and you can never understand what he saying or rambling on about, but its never to do with what the conv going on.
He once come into work and he was quiet but in a angry mood and looked like he was ready to cry.
I tried on sev attempts to ask whats wrong to be met with some nonsense rambling, first one was about £800,
2nd nonsense was on about a dragon i said for **** sake what are you on about you are making no bloody sense what so ever.
Eventualy it turned out he was playing a game bought a dragon for £800 (virtual money) by accident, his dragon got killed in its first fight so he was angry and anoyyed at the dragon and thinks he should have his £800 back because he didnt want it in the first place.
He was virtual in tears and he was extremely angry and fuming.

Another time he come into work and complain him and gfriend had split.
Everyone was baffled he hasnt or had a girlfriend so i tried digging deeper.
He been speaking to some lass in france and had been seing each other for ages and now split.
I replied eh hang on you never met, i know he replied, i said if u never met her, you never seen her never kissed her how can that be classed as a relationship, he said ive seen her on webcam we sent each other kisses etc etc no matter what i said i just couldnt through to him.
So i replied well fook me im must be a bad boyfriend and cheat, he asked why i replied well ive been speaking to several women on net from all over the world and i fancy a few of them i feel dead guilty now.
He didnt realise i was being sarcastic.
This is what we have to put up with him everytime were at work.

davcol 3rd October 2015 03:55 PM

Only seen the first Hellraiser film and snippets of the second. Im sure scorpio from Dirty Harry fame had a part in the first one.

Zann 3rd October 2015 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davcol (Post 463455)
Only seen the first Hellraiser film and snippets of the second. Im sure scorpio from Dirty Harry fame had a part in the first one.

He he...he sure did, he was pretty integral...provided the first drops of blood for brother Frank (who was played by the same guy that appears in that revolting potting shed scene in Scum)

plasterface 4th October 2015 12:54 PM

looooooooooooooooong distance love

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 463441)
Tell me about it, i work with one lad he 100% puddled and living in a virtual world.
He one of these he never makes sense and you can never understand what he saying or rambling on about, but its never to do with what the conv going on.
He once come into work and he was quiet but in a angry mood and looked like he was ready to cry.
I tried on sev attempts to ask whats wrong to be met with some nonsense rambling, first one was about £800,
2nd nonsense was on about a dragon i said for **** sake what are you on about you are making no bloody sense what so ever.
Eventualy it turned out he was playing a game bought a dragon for £800 (virtual money) by accident, his dragon got killed in its first fight so he was angry and anoyyed at the dragon and thinks he should have his £800 back because he didnt want it in the first place.
He was virtual in tears and he was extremely angry and fuming.

Another time he come into work and complain him and gfriend had split.
Everyone was baffled he hasnt or had a girlfriend so i tried digging deeper.
He been speaking to some lass in france and had been seing each other for ages and now split.
I replied eh hang on you never met, i know he replied, i said if u never met her, you never seen her never kissed her how can that be classed as a relationship, he said ive seen her on webcam we sent each other kisses etc etc no matter what i said i just couldnt through to him.
So i replied well fook me im must be a bad boyfriend and cheat, he asked why i replied well ive been speaking to several women on net from all over the world and i fancy a few of them i feel dead guilty now.
He didnt realise i was being sarcastic.
This is what we have to put up with him everytime were at work.

Met a fair few people staying celibate for "partners" online they'll probably never meet. Dont understand it myself. :confused:

Susan Foreman 4th October 2015 04:31 PM

*** TENDERNESS OF THE WOLVES FINAL SPECS ***

Full details have been finalised for Tenderness of the Wolves and are as follows...

Fritz Haarmann, aka the Butcher of Hanover and the Vampire of Hanover, was a German serial killer responsible for the murders of two dozen boys and young men during the so-called ‘years of crisis’ between the wars. His case would partly inspire Fritz Lang’s M and its central character portrayed by Peter Lorre, as well as this forgotten gem from 1973.

Tenderness of the Wolves treats the viewer to a few weeks in the company of a killer. Babyfaced and shaven-headed, in a manner that recalls both M and F.W. Murnau’s Nosferatu, Haarmann is a fascinating, repulsive figure. Using his status as a police informant to procure his victims, he dismembers their bodies after death and sells the flesh to restaurants, dumping the remainder out of sight. This isn’t an easy film to watch, but it certainly gets under the skin…

Produced by Rainer Werner Fassbinder (who also supplies a shifty cameo), Tenderness of the Wolves provided two of his regular actors with a means of expanding their careers. Ulli Lommel – later responsible for the infamous video nasty The Boogeyman – made his solo directorial debut, while Kurt Raab wrote the screenplay as well as delivering an astonishing performance as Haarmann.
  • New high definition digital transfer prepared by the Rainer Werner Fassbinder Foundation
  • High Definition (1080p) Blu-ray and Standard Definition DVD presentations
  • Original uncompressed PCM mono 1.0 sound
  • Newly translated optional English subtitles
  • Audio commentary by director Ulli Lommel, moderated by Uwe Huber
  • Introduction by Lommel
  • The Tender Wolf, a newly-filmed interview with Lommel
  • Photographing Fritz, a newly-filmed interview with director of photography Jürgen Jürges
  • Haarmann’s Victim Talks, a newly-filmed interview with actor Rainer Will
  • An appreciation by Stephen Thrower, author of Nightmare USA and Murderous Passions: The Delirious Cinema of Jesús Franco
  • Stills gallery
  • Theatrical trailer
  • Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by the Twins of Evil
  • Illustrated collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film by Tony Rayns, editor of the first English-language book on Rainer Werner Fassbinder

gag 4th October 2015 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plasterface (Post 463520)
Met a fair few people staying celibate for "partners" online they'll probably never meet. Dont understand it myself. :confused:

Saddest story i ever read about long distance is a couple from dif countries decided to fall in love and i think the bloke saved up to visit her.

When they met they fell in love and where taking pics of their memories and she stood to close to the mountain edge slipped and fell to her death.

plasterface 4th October 2015 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 463535)
Saddest story i ever read about long distance is a couple from dif countries decided to fall in love and i think the bloke saved up to visit her.

When they met they fell in love and where taking pics of their memories and she stood to close to the mountain edge slipped and fell to her death.

yeah read about that they had only spent one day together when it happened it's like a sick joke.

trebor8273 5th October 2015 12:24 PM

Donald pleasence film coming from arrow. My money's on prince of darkness or with any luck a Halloween boxset

https://www.facebook.com/ArrowVideo?fref=nf

Mojo 5th October 2015 12:58 PM

I'd prefer it to be DEATH LINE or THE MUTATIONS :pop2:

trebor8273 5th October 2015 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mojo (Post 463571)

would be nice for it to be something that's not out on blu elsewhere. to be honest i don't think i really want a Halloween boxset, got the shout factory one and if im honest most of the films aren't that good

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 5th October 2015 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mojo (Post 463571)

Death Line is owned by Network.

I'm hoping for Alone in the Dark, although like trebor says anything not already released would be nice.

Nordicdusk 5th October 2015 02:00 PM

I'm guessing with Beyond The Valley Of The Dolls getting a single release we won't get a Russ Meyers boxset at any stage.

Boo Radley 5th October 2015 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordicdusk (Post 463574)
I'm guessing with Beyond The Valley Of The Dolls getting a single release we won't get a Russ Meyers boxset at any stage.

Apparently Meyers family have the rights and are refusing any offers.

Nordicdusk 5th October 2015 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boo Radley (Post 463575)
Apparently Meyers family have the rights and are refusing any offers.

That's disappointing

Gold6082 5th October 2015 02:56 PM

It would make my day if it's alone in the dark.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 5th October 2015 03:30 PM

Alone in the Dark has been shot down due to it being owned by New Line who are a subsidary of Warner. Therefore, it's more likely for Satan to arrive to work wearing ice skates than for Arrow to release Alone in the Dark, sadly. :(

demonknight 5th October 2015 03:39 PM

Might be a stand alone release of TERROR IN THE AISLES. 😁

J Harker 5th October 2015 03:53 PM

Prince of Darkness was owned by StudioCanal but its possible they've lost the rights as the dvd has been oop for a while and you'd think they'd have put a blu out by now if they still owned it.

Nordicdusk 5th October 2015 03:54 PM

Could it be Monster Club not sure if that had a UK release on Blu Ray i have a US version. Im not a fan of the film so i hope its not. Maybe a Jaguar Lives Steelbook ;)

Id buy it :fear:

J Harker 5th October 2015 03:56 PM

Network have Monster Club and they've got a blu out.

Nordicdusk 5th October 2015 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 463600)
Network have Monster Club and they've got a blu out.

Cheers

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 5th October 2015 04:23 PM

Phantom of Death?

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 5th October 2015 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 463608)
Phantom of Death?

Shameless title... although anything's possible I suppose where HD rights are concerned! ;)

As for Prince of Darkness, it was last released by Momentum in the UK who seem less than enthusiastic about releasing their back catalogue on Blu-ray.