Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   The Arrow Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/6211-arrow-thread.html)

J Harker 8th July 2015 08:54 PM

Its currently £67 on Amazon. And The Black Cat set is £46.

fuzzymctiger 8th July 2015 08:58 PM

Jesus October is going to be expensive. Deep Red, Hellrasier and Black Cat are definites, so that's pretty much £100 before I've even begun to consider the Yoshida, which the completionist in me wants to blind buy, but it's waaaay too much.

J Harker 8th July 2015 09:08 PM

Its the fact they're all ltd editions that's causing me grief. I can't really afford them on release but i can't stand the idea of missing them.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 8th July 2015 09:10 PM

Thieves Highway is a must for me; especially as I adore Rififi.

The Hellraiser and Black Cat sets will also be mine, although I'm not sure whether to bite on the LE Deep Red... it appears as if the only LE exclusive is the CD soundtrack, which not only do I already have as part of Raptor's DVD release but I also have on vinyl too. I guess the packaging design whenever it is announced may sway me.

Arrow are certainly being canny with these LE releases though. They must have twigged onto my 'wait for the inevitable sale' attitude and have now resorted to flaunting and taunting their limited time only wares... my poor wallet. :ohwell:

J Harker 8th July 2015 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 455906)
Thieves Highway is a must for me; especially as I adore Rififi.

The Hellraiser and Black Cat sets will also be mine, although I'm not sure whether to bite on the LE Deep Red... it appears as if the only LE exclusive is the CD soundtrack, which not only do I already have as part of Raptor's DVD release but I also have on vinyl too. I guess the packaging design whenever it is announced may sway me.

Arrow are certainly being canny with these LE releases though. They must have twigged onto my 'wait for the inevitable sale' attitude and have now resorted to flaunting and taunting their limited time only wares... my poor wallet. :ohwell:

I believe the theatrical cut is a limited edition exclusive too.

Vipp 8th July 2015 10:00 PM

Just noticed from J.Harker's post's that the Hellraiser set is £49.99p :( i'm not sure i think a 3 disc set is worth £49.99 as the new features don't have Barker in them? On the otherside, they are new transfers and i bet that box will look very nice indeed.

sjconstable 8th July 2015 11:46 PM

Arrow's generous rewards points help out though, I knocked £17 off my pre-order earlier...

Vipp 9th July 2015 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sjconstable (Post 455931)
Arrow's generous rewards points help out though, I knocked £17 off my pre-order earlier...

I pre-ordered Hellraiser, stuff it, i love the first movie, like the second and really enjoy the third a lot and i like that qart work a great deal and finally Arrow films haven;t let me down with any of the titles i have bought so far, i also got just over £10 in reward points for buying the boxset so really it's been about £40 for me.

But now i will need to avoid JHarkers posts in the bargain blu-ray thread until payday. haha!

Justin101 9th July 2015 08:39 AM

I've pre-ordered on amazon since they're limited (Black Cats and Hellraiser), the early order should ensure I grab a copy before they sell their allocation. I'm more than sure that Amazon will match or better the Arrow price, though Arrow direct orders will probably get theirs up to 2 weeks earlier which is fine by me.

I can't wait for October! :D

Vipp 9th July 2015 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 455941)
I've pre-ordered on amazon since they're limited (Black Cats and Hellraiser), the early order should ensure I grab a copy before they sell their allocation. I'm more than sure that Amazon will match or better the Arrow price, though Arrow direct orders will probably get theirs up to 2 weeks earlier which is fine by me.

I can't wait for October! :D

What i thought is, with Arrow giving £10 of points out for the hellraiser pre order, that kinda makes the set quite cheap (a ver simplified way of breaking it down is, £10 for each film then £10 for the cost of all the extras to be made and the book then £10 in bonus points = £50) in the next sale i will get a free £7.99p blu-ray and a few quid of another title? will Amazon do better than that?
sometimes they do put tstuff out extremely cheap.

Justin101 9th July 2015 10:04 AM

They wont no, but I can't afford to put out near £100 this week haha, I do get 5% off for being a student (mature...) though and I wont have to pay until the time of shipping which puts 2 releases over 2 different paydays which is ideal :D

J Harker 9th July 2015 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vipp (Post 455944)
What i thought is, with Arrow giving £10 of points out for the hellraiser pre order, that kinda makes the set quite cheap (a ver simplified way of breaking it down is, £10 for each film then £10 for the cost of all the extras to be made and the book then £10 in bonus points = £50) in the next sale i will get a free £7.99p blu-ray and a few quid of another title? will Amazon do better than that?
sometimes they do put tstuff out extremely cheap.

£10 of points for preordering Hellraiser? Have i missed something?

Justin101 9th July 2015 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 455950)

It's double points on the earlybird pre-orders so you get £10 worth.

Vipp 9th July 2015 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 455948)
They wont no, but I can't afford to put out near £100 this week haha, I do get 5% off for being a student (mature...) though and I wont have to pay until the time of shipping which puts 2 releases over 2 different paydays which is ideal :D

That's completeley understandible, i has spent my dvd/blu ray money after pay day this month too, but i hounded the other half and she caved in lol but i won;t get new films for a while now, and congrats on being a mature student, im 30 and just got accepted onto college, i'm scared as im older that college kids but i hope i will get on well with the course. (art)

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 455950)

No mate, you haven't missed anything, im paraphrasing - basically when i paid for the pre-order (they took the payment yesterday) i got rewards for £49.99p added to my account, i then put a film in my basket and redeemed the points on the price of that film (but didn;t buy the movie) and got around £10 off... so i concluded that the points from pre-ordering and paying for Hellraiser got me the points which i valued at around £10.

:)

Justin101 9th July 2015 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vipp (Post 455952)
That's completeley understandible, i has spent my dvd/blu ray money after pay day this month too, but i hounded the other half and she caved in lol but i won;t get new films for a while now, and congrats on being a mature student, im 30 and just got accepted onto college, i'm scared as im older that college kids but i hope i will get on well with the course. (art)

I'm with The Open University doing a part time degree in Computing and IT so I can better my career, been at it for 3 years now and still 3 years to go so i'm over the 'hump' it's hard work though with a full time job too. :read:

Rik 9th July 2015 10:41 AM

When I started back at college in 2010, 14 years after last being there, I was not only the oldest student (at 31), but older than all my tutors :lol:

Vipp 9th July 2015 10:49 AM

I thought i was alone in my going back to education! this is great. I have no education so i have to start at college but i got in at a level 3 stage and it could lead to university, what i really want is to either get a job from the big cheese 'Almar' who owns the awesome Cult-labs and Fetch (but that's not going to happen, i'm not nearly good enough) OR i'd like to ppen a small printing shop and hire a couple of talented mates to hit the ground running. but first i need the education to help me learn the new programs and stuffs like all the young en's can do. lol.

i might posta few of my portfolio bit in a nother thread and get your opinions, i'm not artist but i hope to be able to do graphics and be self employed, i need to leave care work, it's literally destroying me.

Rik 9th July 2015 11:25 AM

I did it because I got made redundant as an electrician in 2010 and decided to retrain in music, not looked back since :)

Vipp 9th July 2015 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 455967)
I did it because I got made redundant as an electrician in 2010 and decided to retrain in music, not looked back since :)

Mate, i'd love to be able to play a guitar, that would be awesome, it's great to hear posative stories where folks like yourself and Justin101 have taken the future by the horns and changed it to suit your needs. I really hope i manage to get a change too, i have a great partner and a few mates that are supportive so it's going great.

Sorry to derail the Arrow thread folks. :) :)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 9th July 2015 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vipp (Post 455968)
Mate, i'd love to be able to play a guitar, that would be awesome, it's great to hear posative stories where folks like yourself and Justin101 have taken the future by the horns and changed it to suit your needs. I really hope i manage to get a change too, i have a great partner and a few mates that are supportive so it's going great.

Sorry to derail the Arrow thread folks. :) :)

I'm also University doing a degree which will hopefully lead to a career (in counselling), so there are quite a few students around. Anyway, with that:

:focus:

Vipp 9th July 2015 07:46 PM

I've never seen 'Hell comes to frog town' just found out its OOP and someone wants £70 on ebay for it! isn't that asking a bit much?

Demdike@Cult Labs 9th July 2015 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vipp (Post 456069)
I've never seen 'Hell comes to frog town' just found out its OOP and someone wants £70 on ebay for it! isn't that asking a bit much?

Not for Keirarts it isn't. ;)

keirarts 9th July 2015 07:52 PM

Quote:

Was going to link the old Boulevard DVD which is a special edition but even that seems dear! Bloody good movie...

Vipp 9th July 2015 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 456074)
Was going to link the old Boulevard DVD which is a special edition but even that seems dear! Bloody good movie...

Is there a way to find out how limited a title is from Arrow and how many are left in stock?

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 9th July 2015 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vipp (Post 456076)
Is there a way to find out how limited a title is from Arrow and how many are left in stock?

They update their oop list semi-regularly.

Susan Foreman 9th July 2015 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vipp (Post 456076)

No idea on how many copies are still available, or how 'limited' an initial stock run was, but here is a basic guide to what is still available and what is out of print (last updated 26/06/15):

The Video Deck: Out of print - what and why?

**Edit - Mr. Eye beat me to it!

MuckyFunster 9th July 2015 08:01 PM

Quote:

EBay does my nut in sometimes! It's almost like ticket touting- people making a ton of money off the fans, while calling it "supply and demand".

Vipp 9th July 2015 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MuckyFunster (Post 456079)
EBay does my nut in sometimes! It's almost like ticket touting- people making a ton of money off the fans, while calling it "supply and demand".

I agree mate. the link that Biz and Susan just posted does have some info from Arrow saying basically that even films where they have had a roblem getting the licence back will eventually (hopfully) be re licenced and more of the title will be made butpossibly in an alternative format/cover to keep the original pressing 'limited' so i might hold out for Frogtown, unless i see a cult labber trading/selling it for a good price.

MuckyFunster 9th July 2015 08:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Look at this one- I've been desperate to buy this cd since I missed out on it. It was a kickstarter only perk that i didn't get on board with in time. I've never seen one appear on eBay before, but this one popped up in my "followed searches" feed tonight. $200?! The guys having a laugh with himself.

Attachment 167303

[emoji20] I'm just bitter I never got on board. Lol.

J Harker 9th July 2015 08:18 PM

Quote:

Yes. Awful film. I watched it on Netflix and for about fifteen mins i thought it was great. Then it just got worse and worse and worse. Was one of two blurays Arrow put in super limited runs. 1000 copies i think. The other was Hellgate which most around here are quite fond of. 😉

Stephen@Cult Labs 9th July 2015 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 456087)
Yes. Awful film. I watched it on Netflix and for about fifteen mins i thought it was great. Then it just got worse and worse and worse. Was one of two blurays Arrow put in super limited runs. 1000 copies i think. The other was Hellgate which most around here are quite fond of. [emoji6]

And a lot of people are even fonder of Frogtown. [emoji4]

plasterface 9th July 2015 08:31 PM

improper dancing

Quote:

Originally Posted by MuckyFunster (Post 456083)
Look at this one- I've been desperate to buy this cd since I missed out on it. It was a kickstarter only perk that i didn't get on board with in time. I've never seen one appear on eBay before, but this one popped up in my "followed searches" feed tonight. $200?! The guys having a laugh with himself.

Attachment 167303

[emoji20] I'm just bitter I never got on board. Lol.

massive leccy six fan myself got all the albums so far, would like this myself:cowboy:

Demdike@Cult Labs 9th July 2015 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 456087)
Yes. Awful film. I watched it on Netflix and for about fifteen mins i thought it was great. Then it just got worse and worse and worse. Was one of two blurays Arrow put in super limited runs. 1000 copies i think. The other was Hellgate which most around here are quite fond of. 😉

Yup!

Both are truly awful.

That's just me though. :nod:

plasterface 9th July 2015 10:07 PM

rowdy

i think frogtown a fun b-movie hellgate shite tho

J Harker 9th July 2015 10:42 PM

Frogtown is just too stupid for me. Hellgate i quite enjoyed.

VeZius 10th July 2015 07:32 AM

Frogtown was like really cheap version of Fury Road. I enjoyed it!

MuckyFunster 10th July 2015 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plasterface (Post 456090)
massive leccy six fan myself got all the albums so far, would like this myself:cowboy:

Burn me a copy when you do! [emoji6]

DayzeUK 10th July 2015 12:37 PM

Can anybody tell me which label is releasing KIJU YOSHIDA: LOVE + ANARCHISM LIMITED EDITION DUAL FORMAT BD & DVD, is it Arrow Video or Academy?

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 10th July 2015 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DayzeUK (Post 456151)
Can anybody tell me which label is releasing KIJU YOSHIDA: LOVE + ANARCHISM LIMITED EDITION DUAL FORMAT BD & DVD, is it Arrow Video or Academy?

It's listed on the Arrow Academy website:
ARROW ACADEMY | Arrow Films

DayzeUK 10th July 2015 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 456153)
It's listed on the Arrow Academy website:
ARROW ACADEMY | Arrow Films

Thanks for that :thankingyou: