Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   The Arrow Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/6211-arrow-thread.html)

Michael Brooke 12th August 2013 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 358425)
:woot: I love Pit and the Pendulum, here's hoping they release all the Corman/Poe/Price films :woot:

They should be able to license most of the other Poe films, but they might run into problems with the UK co-productions The Masque of the Red Death and The Tomb of Ligeia, which I think are with StudioCanal.

Still, never say never.

Rik 12th August 2013 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Brooke (Post 358460)
They should be able to license most of the other Poe films, but they might run into problems with the UK co-productions The Masque of the Red Death and The Tomb of Ligeia, which I think are with StudioCanal.

Still, never say never.

I'd have no issues with Studio Canal releasing them, they've done a fine job with the Hammers they've released :nod:

Demdike@Cult Labs 12th August 2013 10:27 PM

I wonder if they'll release all the Corman films?

The Premature Burial and The Haunted Palace would be two for me to pick up when i eventually go Blu.

Nordicdusk 12th August 2013 10:28 PM

Quote:

Still, never say never.

An Arrow release of The Masque of the Red Death would be great. Is there a Blu Ray release of that from anyone else?

Rik 12th August 2013 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 358462)
I wonder if they'll release all the Corman films?

The Premature Burial and The Haunted Palace would be two for me to pick up when i eventually go Blu.

You know you want to

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...zWcqiHHKNqnHnA

J Harker 12th August 2013 10:29 PM

Quote:

Still, never say never.

I wasn't overly impressed with Masque when I watched it for the first time recently. And Ligeia isn't the best of them. That said I'd still buy them both as they're better than a lot of the poop that passes for horror.

Buboven 12th August 2013 11:06 PM

Pit and Usher are the two of the Poe/Price/Corman films I have so far that I liked the most, so this is good news.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 13th August 2013 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zane (Post 358422)
So Tim Lucas just posted this on facebook:

"I contributed liner notes to this new Arrow Films release, which the frame grabs here indicate looks absolutely sumptuous. I've also been commissioned by Arrow to record an audio commentary for the next Corman/Poe release, PIT AND THE PENDULUM!"

That's great news – I hope he hasn't breached any embargo by that announcement though!

Rik 13th August 2013 08:47 AM

Calum announced it on Twatter a little after, saying he's about to start working on the extras for it, I don't think it's an Alan Jones style slip

zane 13th August 2013 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordicdusk (Post 358463)
An Arrow release of The Masque of the Red Death would be great. Is there a Blu Ray release of that from anyone else?

Koch Media Germany. It has a lot of extras and available at a good price.

mark meakin 14th August 2013 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zane (Post 358510)

It's also the only version currently available that has the 'face slapping' of Jane Asher intact restoring the word 'God'.A deleted scene showing an additional 1 second of Asher being thrown into the bath,missing from all other releases to date is also included.There's also a 2-disc dvd version from Koch Media which I own.On the downside anyone who like me has the 'extended' P&S BBC screening with the additional scenes of Price & Asher on the castle battlements & the discussion betwen the two dwarves, will have to hang onto their copies as these are not even on as deleted footage.:(

Nordicdusk 15th August 2013 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zane (Post 358510)

Cheers Zane .

J Harker 22nd August 2013 10:27 PM

Has anyone seen this yet?
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/08/23/ate4ahum.jpg
Arrow put it up on Facebook earlier. Apparently there are 8 as yet unnounced titles in there somewhere.

fuzzymctiger 23rd August 2013 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 360494)
Has anyone seen this yet?
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/08/23/ate4ahum.jpg
Arrow put it up on Facebook earlier. Apparently there are 8 as yet unnounced titles in there somewhere.

Bottom right hand corner, third from the right.

I see the top of an Orange cover, with writing, that we have never seen before.

J Harker 23rd August 2013 09:21 AM

That's the only one I can see that looks unfamiliar but I can't tell what it is.

BAKA 27th August 2013 09:00 AM

Was anyone at FrightFest and see Arrow's trailer reel? Apparently The Burbs was in it. Wondering if there's anything else new that hasn't come to light yet.

Stephen@Cult Labs 27th August 2013 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BAKA (Post 361431)
Was anyone at FrightFest and see Arrow's trailer reel? Apparently The Burbs was in it. Wondering if there's anything else new that hasn't come to light yet.

Wasn't at FrightFest, but I had heard about The 'Burbs. :)

fuzzymctiger 27th August 2013 09:40 AM

Quote:

Scream Factory thread at blu ray.com will be sooo pissed, they've asked for it so much, but they're the stubborn kind who won't go region free

PaulD 27th August 2013 11:00 AM

Someone on Faceybook said The Abominable Dr Phibes was in the trailer reel too

fuzzymctiger 27th August 2013 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 361448)
Someone on Faceybook said The Abominable Dr Phibes was in the trailer reel too

Don't think I'll get the Vincent Price set from Scream anymore. Ill just wait it out and Arrow will release them all :)

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 27th August 2013 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger (Post 361459)
Don't think I'll get the Vincent Price set from Scream anymore. Ill just wait it out and Arrow will release them all :)

This is pretty much my philosophy with much of Scream's output. I can see Arrow or Second Sight releasing a fair amount of what they've released, so I am being patient and playing the waiting game with a lot of their releases.

...that said I did buy Q the Winged Serpent today. ;)

sjconstable 27th August 2013 02:10 PM

Quote:

Was anyone at FrightFest and see Arrow's trailer reel? Apparently The Burbs was in it.

Oh man, that's always been one of my favourite films! So quotable :D

PaulD 27th August 2013 08:13 PM

I also suspect they might be releasing Calibre 9 as Calum said on Twitter "Expect exciting news of @ArrowFilmsVideo release of a Barbara Bouchet Italian exploitation classic in run up to her appearance in Manchester" and that's the film that's being screened in Manchester (Nightmare City is being screened for Lenzi's appearance). Could be wrong though and High Rising were being playful and coy when I asked them outright :)

JAMIOUSE 27th August 2013 08:37 PM

That would certainly be an interesting title for Arrow, shame I've already bought the Raro boxset. I haven't got around to watching any of the films yet though!

Susan Foreman 29th August 2013 11:23 AM

Quote:

Arrows new trailer reel:

DVD/Blu-ray News: ARROW VIDEO Unveil New Releases in Exclusive Showreel!

BAKA 29th August 2013 11:39 AM

I saw this on Twitter, but couldn't spot anything that we didn't already know about. Perhaps someone else will.

PaulD 29th August 2013 12:17 PM

Milano Calibre 9 is definitely on there.

I'm trying to do the comp on Facebook where you have to name all the clips. the one with the man in the hat getting run over is really annoying me! As is the women getting her head through glass. Any ideas?

Daemonia 29th August 2013 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark meakin (Post 358720)
It's also the only version currently available that has the 'face slapping' of Jane Asher intact restoring the word 'God'.A deleted scene showing an additional 1 second of Asher being thrown into the bath,missing from all other releases to date is also included.There's also a 2-disc dvd version from Koch Media which I own.On the downside anyone who like me has the 'extended' P&S BBC screening with the additional scenes of Price & Asher on the castle battlements & the discussion betwen the two dwarves, will have to hang onto their copies as these are not even on as deleted footage.:(

I thought the film had had a UK re-release that was longer than the US release on DVD?

JAMIOUSE 29th August 2013 07:03 PM

Well from that trailer I have no idea, the womens head through the window does seem familiar though but I can't think where from.

I was thinking earlier shouldn't Arrow be announcing their November titles around now?

Susan Foreman 29th August 2013 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 361990)
As is the women getting her head through glass. Any ideas?

Argento - Deep Red?

Don't think it's Phenomena

plasterface 29th August 2013 08:03 PM

the price is right

I am looking foward to the abomnible Dr Phibes and theatre of blood

Stephen@Cult Labs 29th August 2013 08:07 PM

I'm looking forward to..........???? ;-)

PaulD 29th August 2013 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suziginajackson (Post 362152)
Argento - Deep Red?

Don't think it's Phenomena

I thought that but it looks like a microwave or something. I'm sure it isn't Deep Red

Dave Boy 29th August 2013 08:14 PM

Awesome news about the Corman Pit And The Pendulum. It's about time this was released on blu. I don't think this has ever had a 16x9 release. I have the Midnight Movies edition and that picture could sure use an upgrade.

platostotal 29th August 2013 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 362167)
I thought that but it looks like a microwave or something. I'm sure it isn't Deep Red

Woman's head in microwave... Nightmare Concert or Touch of Death, as that's Fulci... maybe.

testtubetheo 29th August 2013 09:49 PM

The woman's head smashed against the glass/microwave is with 100 percent certainty White of the Eye.

I sent in my guesses already, and only had 47 of 54 guesses right. Too bad.

Susan Foreman 30th August 2013 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suziginajackson (Post 361984)

Featuring clips from:

Spider Baby
Frankenhooker
Invasion Of The Body Snatchers
Django, Prepare a Coffin
Street Trash
Beyond Re-animator
Big Trouble In Little China
Black Sunday
White Of The Eye
Deadly Blessing
The Fall of the House of Usher
The House By the Cemetery
Silent Night, Deadly Night
Lisa and the Devil
Black Sabbath
The Lickerish Quartet
The Car
Knightriders
Dressed to Kill
Runaway Train
Pieces
Class of Nuke 'em High
Island of Death
Caligula
The Burbs
Demons
The Funhouse
Day of the Dead
City of the Living Dead
Foxy Brown
Lifeforce
Deep Red
The Beyond
Slaughter High
The Fury
Blow Out
Battle Royale
Baron Blood
The Deadly Spawn
Maniac Cop
The Last American Virgin
The Abominable Dr. Phibes
The Texas Chain Saw Massacre 2
Motel Hell
Combat Shock
Theatre Of Blood
Zombie Flesh Eaters
Milano Calibro 9 / Calibre 9
Sisters
The People Under the Stairs
Forbidden Zone
Lady Snowblood
Phenomena
Squirm

J Harker 30th August 2013 10:15 AM

Two of my favourite Vincent Price films. Are current films like Deadly Spawn likely to be upgraded to blu releases?

Stephen@Cult Labs 30th August 2013 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 362261)
Two of my favourite Vincent Price films. Are current films like Deadly Spawn likely to be upgraded to blu releases?

The only way The Deadly Spawn would get a BD from Arrow, is if they get the original negative and restore it. The US blu-ray is a travesty, and the Synapse dvd actually looks better. I think it's unlikely that Arrow would revisit it.

Daemonia 30th August 2013 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Boy (Post 362170)
Awesome news about the Corman Pit And The Pendulum. It's about time this was released on blu. I don't think this has ever had a 16x9 release. I have the Midnight Movies edition and that picture could sure use an upgrade.

The UK release on DVD had a better picture than the US release and was 16x9 anamorphic. I know, because I sold off my US release and kept the UK release. The only thing missing from the UK disc was the prologue filmed for TV (which was an extra on the US disc).