Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   The Arrow Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/6211-arrow-thread.html)

Hawkmonger 31st July 2012 05:18 PM

I would prefer a BD of Blood and Black Lace but I would happily settle for an Arrow DVD.:nod:

James Morton 31st July 2012 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by platostotal (Post 262076)
long shot(with my eyesight) but could the 2nd left be Blood and black lace(looks like Bartok and Mitchell above the skull) as it has a vintage feel. (yes please)

I really hope Arrow do release Bava's classic giallo
and in the excact oar, not like the R1 VCI dvds which are 'misframed'

Rik 31st July 2012 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 262070)
I'm surprised people don't like the ZFE artwork, I think it's awesome, and have the record with the A2 poster of it :D it'll be an amazing looking steelbook in my opinion, better than the classic vipco artwork.

Don't get me wrong, I love that artwork, it's just the fact remains that any UK release of this film has to have the hand artwork available somewhere, it's practically the law

Stephen@Cult Labs 31st July 2012 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 262080)
Don't get me wrong, I love that artwork, it's just the fact remains that any UK release of this film has to have the hand artwork available somewhere, it's practically the law

Yup, I'm hoping Arrow realize this, and give us it on the reverse of the standad BD (and dvd).

Pete 31st July 2012 05:27 PM

Anything as long it's not that awful US art with the zombie head.

PaulD 31st July 2012 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 262082)
Anything as long it's not that awful US art with the zombie head.

True dat.

Really not a fan of that and was really surprised when BU used it

Rik 31st July 2012 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 262085)
True dat.

Really not a fan of that and was really surprised when BU used it

Me too, for me it's the only flaw in an otherwise excellent set

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 31st July 2012 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 262070)
I'm surprised people don't like the ZFE artwork, I think it's awesome, and have the record with the A2 poster of it :D it'll be an amazing looking steelbook in my opinion, better than the classic vipco artwork.

I also really like that at work and would have no complaints if it was on the Steelbook. As for the other titles, I can't be sure of any of them, but it would be great to see The Toxic Avenger to go with the other Troma releases.

Criterion7 31st July 2012 08:16 PM

Hoping for Blood and Black Lace. It's a damn waste to do Toxic Avenger. It's already out there and would be another waste where an actual good movie could go. Last announcements were a huge flop so fingers crossed these will be good.

JC77 31st July 2012 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nagaman (Post 262068)
The two on the right look like they could very well be ZFE - Ones a Dual Format but not sure if the one on the far right is a Ltd BD or just a DVD?

It damn well better be a DVD...

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowFan (Post 262155)
It's already out there and would be another waste where an actual good movie could go.

Are you implying The Toxic Avenger is not a good movie? Cos it's a damn classic!