Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   The Arrow Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/6211-arrow-thread.html)

platostotal 17th August 2016 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 501806)
Odd. I looked for it online and just the BD/dvd showed on HMV, Amazon and Arrow's site. I too would have got it in the 2 for £10 offer. I've already got the MGM region 1 double bill though.

Just had a look it's a feature packed disc too, no bare bones issue. Also maybe BD sales were poor so Arrow put it out to try and recoup some dosh from a dvd release.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 17th August 2016 07:41 PM

Show us a pic of that will you Plat?
Really curious to see it!
Reversible cover?

mr 420 17th August 2016 07:41 PM

I saw the DVD of The Beast Within in my local hmv today. They also had City of the Living Dead and The Beyond, which I picked up for £5:99 along with the Eureka Cannon Ninja Trilogy.

The Beyond has the two commentaries, the intro and interview with Cinzia Monreale (sarah Keller), the Catriona MacColl Q and A from the Glasgow film festival and the open your eyes Easter egg(?).

I'm going to have fun tonight! Just as long as this new DVD doesn't start in black and white. :rolleyes:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 17th August 2016 07:46 PM

Give us some pics please mate.:cool:

platostotal 17th August 2016 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 501825)
Show us a pic of that will you Plat?
Really curious to see it!
Reversible cover?

Exactly the same as the BD cover w/ reverse artwork the same too, just in a dvd case, might also be that Arrow received more dvd copies than BD so punted out a dvd, I found it odd that Videodrome was a dual format but that also came out as a dvd release, maybe Arrow are starting a new phase in dvd releases... But if I was cynical I might suggest that Arrow are going for the obsessive buyer who must have all the releases of a film to complete a collection... If I was an old cynic of course:lol::lol:

platostotal 17th August 2016 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr 420 (Post 501826)
I'm going to have fun tonight! Just as long as this new DVD doesn't start in black and white. :rolleyes:

No fear it looks to be the same transfer as the newer BD.

mr 420 17th August 2016 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 501769)
Bet you never in a million years imagined typing that! ;)

Oh, that's a low blow. When have I ever been cheeky to you? :tongue1:

mr 420 17th August 2016 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 501770)
I know! I was surprised as anyone.... it actually felt rather surreal to type, and even now looking at it on my screen it doesn't feel like I'm stationed in reality when reading it back. ;)

I expected better from you, BE. Honestly, you would think that I loved nothing but trash! I'll put Fantastic Argoman, Revenge Of The Ninja or The Mad Foxes up against anything. :lol:

mr 420 18th August 2016 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by platostotal (Post 501810)
Just had a look it's a feature packed disc too, no bare bones issue. Also maybe BD sales were poor so Arrow put it out to try and recoup some dosh from a dvd release.

Did you get a postcard? When I opened my Beyond DVD an hour ago I was pleasantly surprised to find one for The Mutilator. :cool:

Buboven 18th August 2016 03:14 PM

Getting a but pissed off with Arrow, they haven't shipped my Female Scorpion Boxset yet, despising it being sent to the warehouse eon the 11th.