Like Tree26051Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th July 2016, 09:53 AM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
Speaking of such credentials, have you watched the other 2 films in the Love & Anarchism box set yet? It goes on to say that they are in the 'same cinematic language' as Eros + Massacre but I was wondering if they are little easier to watch due to the shorter running times?
I have indeed! Heroic Purgatory is actually my favourite from the set - although it's very close between that and Eros + Massacre. HP still imbibes a lot of the surrealistic streaks of genius as Eros, but Coup d’Etat with being a biopic is a little more linear in its narrative and visuals than the other two... probably the reason why I didn't enjoy it as much! Three great films though for sure and I'm so glad that I decided to take a chance on this fantastic set.
Justin101 and keirarts like this.
Old 13th July 2016, 09:59 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Pre ordered The Burning! I'm not keen on the artwork tbh but must have the film!

I'll order Burnt offerings at a later date as it's a must but not immediately.

Crimes of Passion came yesterday.

This morning I got the bargain of a lifetime 2 Killer dames set Still sealed In scope £10!!! looks like I didn't miss out on it after all.
Old 13th July 2016, 10:06 AM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
I have indeed! Heroic Purgatory is actually my favourite from the set - although it's very close between that and Eros + Massacre. HP still imbibes a lot of the surrealistic streaks of genius as Eros, but Coup d’Etat with being a biopic is a little more linear in its narrative and visuals than the other two... probably the reason why I didn't enjoy it as much! Three great films though for sure and I'm so glad that I decided to take a chance on this fantastic set.
Excellent, thanks. It certainly was an expensive experiment, but I enjoyed Eros a great deal but I definitely felt a little fatigued by the end. I should have taken a break in the interval to be honest. I'll watch the other 2 this weekend.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 13th July 2016, 10:52 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

@Deadite, Bizarre_Eye.

The Count Yorga films are nothing special anyway. One memorable sequence but that's about it. I can't recall the second film at all. I only watched them last December too.

Just my opinion of course. You may adore them.
keirarts likes this.
Old 13th July 2016, 11:31 AM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
@Deadite, Bizarre_Eye.

The Count Yorga films are nothing special anyway. One memorable sequence but that's about it. I can't recall the second film at all. I only watched them last December too.

Just my opinion of course. You may adore them.
I've seen them both before (albeit a long time ago) and rather liked them. Maybe it's just me, but I recall liking the sequel a little more than the first film.
keirarts likes this.
Old 13th July 2016, 11:49 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
I've seen them both before (albeit a long time ago) and rather liked them. Maybe it's just me, but I recall liking the sequel a little more than the first film.
That could be a downfall of my Decemberdike viewing. If something doesn't stand out immediately then it gets lost in the void come the next day's film.
Old 13th July 2016, 12:07 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
That could be a downfall of my Decemberdike viewing. If something doesn't stand out immediately then it gets lost in the void come the next day's film.
Another downside to Decemberdike!
Old 13th July 2016, 12:15 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Default The Arrow Films / Video Thread

The announcement for The Burning has 1.6K "likes" on Facebook. I wonder how many pre-orders they've sold so far...

I was hoping for a cool limited special edition along the lines of Deep Red or something. The steelbook does looks cool, right enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
keirarts and Graeme73 like this.
Old 13th July 2016, 03:53 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
You could always wait until a future Arrow sale and pick up the Blu for around £8-£10. That's what I'll be doing.
But thanks to Arrows new(ish) scam a lot of releases will lose the booklets by the time they hit sales.
Old 13th July 2016, 04:45 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
But thanks to Arrows new(ish) scam a lot of releases will lose the booklets by the time they hit sales.
Are booklets vital. I mean sure they can be quite nice, but they can also be a pain. I manage to trap the Sapphire and Steel one each time i attempt to close the damn case.

I think the only one i've read is the Ghost Stories for Christmas booklet.
keirarts likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!