Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree26081Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12th October 2016, 03:25 PM
Cult Master

I would say it's Japanese, and the picture has body art, therefore, I would suggest it might be...'Ichi The Killer'
MacBlayne and keirarts like this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 12th October 2016, 03:45 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
I would say it's Japanese, and the picture has body art, therefore, I would suggest it might be...'Ichi The Killer'
I'd love it to be but you can almost guarantee it will be some obscure Nikkatsu artsy farty Diamond Boy Yakuza turdsack that only the most hardcore Japanese cinephile would ever have heard of.

And if it is Ichi, and I'm proved wrong, then we should have a competition to see who guesses the correct number of minutes and seconds the glorious Film Censors will hack out to protect us from harmful images. I'm going for 1 minute 39 seconds.
Old 12th October 2016, 03:47 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Would Ichi the Killer get past the BBFC nowadays? Not sure if Arrow would like to release a butchered film - might ruin their reputation.

If I had to guess, I'm think it might be Agitator, Miike's other 2001 Yakuza film. I know Tom Mes is quite the fan of it so he'd be easily persuaded to do some extras for it.
keirarts likes this.
Old 12th October 2016, 03:49 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
it will be some obscure Nikkatsu artsy farty Diamond Boy Yakuza turdsack that only the most hardcore Japanese cinephile would ever have heard of.
Nothing wrong with being introduced to new films.
Old 12th October 2016, 04:04 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacBlayne View Post
Would Ichi the Killer get past the BBFC nowadays? Not sure if Arrow would like to release a butchered film - might ruin their reputation.
*Cough 'Bare Behind Bars' *Cough

Old 12th October 2016, 04:06 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

My first thought was Crying Freeman starring Mark Dacascos as Brian Yuzna produced it along with the upcoming Arrow release Guyver.
Justin101 and keirarts like this.
Old 12th October 2016, 04:08 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:

Wasn't that like six, seven years ago though? Arrow are regarded highly in international circles nowadays. One way to quickly lose that is to kowtow to the BBFC (unless it's due to "animal cruelty").
keirarts likes this.
Old 12th October 2016, 04:12 PM
Cult Master

Agreed, it was a number of years ago, but Arrow had already released the 4 disc 'Caligula' set by then...uncut

Old 12th October 2016, 04:29 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Agreed, it was a number of years ago, but Arrow had already released the 4 disc 'Caligula' set by then...uncut
But, was Caligula getting an uncut release more down to the BBFC not finding it offensive by that point? I mean, it's a graphic film but there wasn't much rape in it. The fisting scene had a male as the victim, and the BBFC only seem bothered when it is females that are the victims. I'm guessing Arrow (at that point still just a growing distributor competing with Tartan and Hong Kong Legends/Premier Asia) just got lucky with Caligula but Bare Behind Bars was still a BBFC no-no. Nowadays, I'm not sure Arrow would be all that keen releasing a heavily censored film.
keirarts likes this.
Old 12th October 2016, 04:35 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Cough; Bare Behind Bars, Cough, Score, Cough, The Voyeur, Cough, Jaguar Lives, Cough, Kentucky Fried Movie, Cough, Reform Girls School, Cough.

Damn, sounds like an infection there....

Like this? Share it using the links below!