Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree26055Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd November 2023, 01:45 AM
Cultist

and the shaolin plot is also US only cause Eureka released it in the UK so it looks like that's two releases that are US only.
Old 23rd November 2023, 05:29 AM
Cultist

Why is I that every major release gets delayed these days? Coffin Joe is back to Jan, Mausoleum 23rd Dec, God knows when Pete Walker will turn up.

Physical media companies need to get their rights and manufacturing sorted before stating a date
Old 23rd November 2023, 10:46 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
Looks like *another* Arrow sale is on the horizon!

"SOMETHING IS COMING...

It's almost that time of year again… the Arrow elves have been busy setting up a Christmas list with Krampus that you won't want to miss! Launching on Friday 24th November, get ready for some unbelievable deals!"

There is also a link that leads to a countdown clock which (at time of writing) reads 2 days, 21 hours, 00 mins, 00 seconds[/CENTER]
Down to 5 hours and 14 minutes now!

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 23rd November 2023, 04:04 PM
Cult Master

Christmas sale until December 18th 2023

Old 23rd November 2023, 04:12 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

It’s a full sale too, but the Shaw Brothers sets I was interested in have been ‘reduced’ to the price that HMV is already selling them for lol.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 23rd November 2023, 07:47 PM
Cult Addict

I used to really look forward to Arrow sales. I'd go rushing to the site to see what good deals could be had.
I don't even bother checking these days.

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk
Old 23rd November 2023, 07:52 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
I used to really look forward to Arrow sales. I'd go rushing to the site to see what good deals could be had.
I don't even bother checking these days.

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk
It'll be no different to the one they had two days ago.
Old 23rd November 2023, 08:20 PM
Cult Acolyte

£10.00 for standard blus but you have to add on shipping. Cheaper to wait for a HMV sale to get a lower price and free shipping.

I've started to treat a lot of purchases as temporary. Buying them in a HMV sale to watch if I haven't seen them before and if I don't think I'd watch them again putting them straight on ebay. It's mainly eighties and nineties stuff that I get rid of. It's working out about the cost of an old fashioned rental. Some I'm just getting secondhand and that's even cheaper.
g053584398 likes this.
Old 23rd November 2023, 08:56 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob4 View Post
£10.00 for standard blus but you have to add on shipping. Cheaper to wait for a HMV sale to get a lower price and free shipping.

I've started to treat a lot of purchases as temporary. Buying them in a HMV sale to watch if I haven't seen them before and if I don't think I'd watch them again putting them straight on ebay. It's mainly eighties and nineties stuff that I get rid of. It's working out about the cost of an old fashioned rental. Some I'm just getting secondhand and that's even cheaper.
Amazon have price matched
Old 24th November 2023, 03:49 PM
Cult Master

NEW UK TITLE: Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1978) - Pre-order available from Arrow Direct for Limited Edition Blu-ray - £25:00, Limited Edition 4K UHD - £30:00 and Arrow Store Exclusive Limited Edition 4K UHD with Original Artwork Slipcase - £30:00

Release date: February 12

"When health official Elizabeth Driscoll (Brooke Adams) notices that her lover has become strangely distant, this sets in train a series of shocking discoveries that sees both her and colleague Matthew Bennell (Donald Sutherland) fleeing for their lives to the sound of ear-piercing alien screams.

Remakes of great films are usually on a hiding to nothing, but Philip Kaufman's brilliant update of the 1956 classic is a rare and memorable exception. Transposing the action to the heart of San Francisco allows Kaufman to retain all the suspense of Jack Finney's original story while adding caustic social commentary about the selfishness of the 1970s "me generation" that remains all too relevant today.

But it's a paranoid thriller first and foremost, based on one of the most psychologically terrifying of all premises - what happens when you can no longer trust not just the authorities but even your nearest and dearest?"

Special features:
  • High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation [OR 4K (2160p) UHD Blu-ray presentation in Dolby Vision (HDR10 compatible)]
  • Original uncompressed stereo 2.0 and 5.1 DTS HD Master Audio sound
  • Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
  • Audio commentary with director Philip Kaufman
  • Discussing the Pod, a panel conversation about Invasion of the Body Snatchers and invasion cinema featuring critic Kim Newman and filmmakers Ben Wheatley (Kill List) and Norman J. Warren (Satan's Slave)
  • Writing the Pod, an interview with Jack Seabrook, author of Stealing Through Time: On the Writings of Jack Finney about Finney's original novel The Body Snatchers
  • Re-Visitors from Outer Space: Or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Pod, a documentary on the making of the film featuring Philip Kaufman, Donald Sutherland, writer W.D. Richter and more
  • The Man Behind the Scream: The Sound Effects Pod, a look at the film's pioneering sound effects
  • The Invasion Will Be Televised: The Cinematography Pod, cinematographer Michael Chapman (Taxi Driver, Raging Bull) discusses the look of and influences on the visual style of the film
  • Practical Magic: The Special Effects Pod, a look at the creation of the special effects from the opening space sequence
  • Original theatrical trailer
  • Double-sided fold-out poster featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Tony Stella
  • Six postcard-sized artcards
  • Illustrated collector's booklet featuring writing on the film by David Cairns and Charles Freund, and archival interviews with director Philip Kaufman and writer W.D. Richter
  • Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Tony Stella

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Invasion Of The Body Snatchers a.jpg (85.4 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg Invasion Of The Body Snatchers b.jpg (88.5 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg Invasion Of The Body Snatchers c.jpg (90.3 KB, 8 views)

Like this? Share it using the links below!