Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   Screenbound Pictures / Odeon Entertainment (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/6773-screenbound-pictures-odeon-entertainment.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 10th March 2017 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Boy (Post 524202)
I think we should bombard Screenbound asking for LEGEND OF THE WEREWOLF (1975) AND THE GHOUL (1975) both which have NEVER had a DVD release and are on many fans wants lists. It's incredible that these films have not had a release since the VHS days.

It's a similar situation to what's happened with the Shonteff films.

The rights holder has said no, and aren't interested in money.

Dave Boy 10th March 2017 11:29 AM

I had heard that. I heard it was Kevin Francis sitting on these Tyburn films. It's crazy. The fan base for these films would bring in loads of money. How can they say they are not interested in the money. What the hell are they holding out for ?

Demdike@Cult Labs 10th March 2017 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Boy (Post 524219)
I had heard that. I heard it was Kevin Francis sitting on these Tyburn films. It's crazy. The fan base for these films would bring in loads of money. How can they say they are not interested in the money. What the hell are they holding out for ?

Perhaps he's wrung his hands of the film business. It's not like he'd make millions if they were to be released.

I have the films on vhs still (i reviewed them with stills at the back end of 2015 on here) and whilst The Ghoul is watchable enough, Legend of the Werewolf is fairly dire.

Dave Boy 10th March 2017 11:46 AM

I like the werewolf make up in LEGEND. Reminds me of CURSE OF THE WEREWOLF.

Demdike@Cult Labs 10th March 2017 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Boy (Post 524225)
I like the werewolf make up in LEGEND. Reminds me of CURSE OF THE WEREWOLF.

What you see of it.

Do you like the film though?

Dave Boy 10th March 2017 11:57 AM

Yeah I like both films.
THE GHOUL played a big part in my fandom when it was part of the BBC2 double bill of horrors way back.
No problem with LEGEND. I like the scenes where the wolves in the zoo have to be killed and the scenes in the sewers at the end where the werewolf says "Help me".
Peter Cushing in these films is a big :cool:

Demdike@Cult Labs 10th March 2017 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Boy (Post 524227)
Yeah I like both films.
THE GHOUL played a big part in my fandom when it was part of the BBC2 double bill of horrors way back.
No problem with LEGEND. I like the scenes where the wolves in the zoo have to be killed and the scenes in the sewers at the end where the werewolf says "Help me".
Peter Cushing in these films is a big :cool:

Legend of the Werewolf, Private Benjamin... you're easily pleased Dave boy. :lol:

Just kidding! We enjoy a lot of the same films but can't agree on everything.

Rob4 10th March 2017 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 524205)
It's a similar situation to what's happened with the Shonteff films.

The rights holder has said no, and aren't interested in money.

mmm, didn't know this. which Shonteff films are affected?

Demdike@Cult Labs 10th March 2017 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob4 (Post 524257)
mmm, didn't know this. which Shonteff films are affected?

All of them bar Permissive, Devil Doll and a Ice Cold in Phoenix.

I have a mate who was in constant touch* with Shonteff's son who is now the rights owner, and he's just not interested in seeing them available again.

*Not just 'likes' and tweets, or bollocks like that. A genuine bid and financial offer was attempted to get them released but Shonteff jr just wasn't interested.

Rob4 10th March 2017 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 524258)
All of them bar Permissive, Devil Doll and a Ice Cold in Phoenix.

I have a mate who was in constant touch* with Shonteff's son who is now the rights owner, and he's just not interested in seeing them available again.

*Not just 'likes' and tweets, or bollocks like that. A genuine bid and financial offer was attempted to get them released but Shonteff jr just wasn't interested.

That's a shame.

Sumuru is available isn't it?

Also Simba's producer was Richard Gordon - surprised he didn't retain the rights?