Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   The NUCLEUS FILMS thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/8226-nucleus-films-thread.html)

Rob4 10th June 2022 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Boy (Post 671676)
Is the Artus release the full uncut version though?

According to DVDCompare it is

Marc Morris 10th June 2022 06:08 PM

The same master was used for all three releases.

Dave Boy 10th June 2022 06:10 PM

Ah, okay. Hopefully I'll have a copy on Monday.

Rob4 10th June 2022 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc Morris (Post 671679)
The same master was used for all three releases.

Hi Marc, thanks for coming back on this. I only mentioned it because the Artus seems to get praised while the Shout gets dissed and I can't find a comparison.

Good to know they are all the same. I'll be getting yours of course... ;)

Marc Morris 11th June 2022 08:28 AM

I compared every Blu-ray, DVD, VHS and TV version of this whilst working on it. I also spoke to the lab who did the new master restoration. It was compiled from two sources, neither of which were in perfect condition.

Marc Morris 11th June 2022 08:34 AM

Reviews of Nothing Underneath and Too Beautiful to Die

Dave Boy 20th June 2022 03:04 PM

I'm very pleased with BLOOD OF THE VAMPIRE which I watched last night.
Great to finally see those cut scenes that I used to see only in pictures back in the movie. :thumb:

Marc Morris 20th June 2022 03:06 PM

Don't forget to watch all those extras!

Dave Boy 20th June 2022 03:12 PM

Yes, great extras. I only watched 'Sangster And The Censor' so far so lots to still watch and two audio commentry tracks.
Great package. Nice one Marc.

Demdike@Cult Labs 19th July 2022 01:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Craze (1974)

Jack Palance plays antique dealer Neal Mottram who sacrifices women to the statue of African god Chuku in the belief that it will help his ailing finances.

Freddie Francis' horror thriller was something completely new to me the first time i saw it. I had heard the title but knew nothing about the film or if it was any good. Last night was my third viewing and i utterly love it. It drives along at a near break neck pace from the opening sacrifice during the first few minutes to the final showdown with the police.

Palance often seems an actor who balances on the crazy tightrope and he excels here as the batshit bonkers Mottram laughing and gurgling all the way to the bank. The film whilst not OTT horror is very gory in a couple of places with bloody fx work that wouldn't seem out of place in a Fulci film. As well as Palance the film has a cast to die for, in fact i've no idea how a film that's purely exploitation such as this can bring together the likes of Michael Jayston, Diana Dors, Julie Ege, Trevor Howard, Suzy Kendall, David Warbeck and Martin Potter. So no matter what your thoughts on Craze poor acting cannot be leveled at it as the cast relish the script stuffed with one liners such as Jayston's scathing put down of Dors. “One would have to be pretty desperate to sail into that port”

Craze is one of the unheralded British horrors of the seventies and deserves a lot more attention than it currently gets.