Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   The BFI Blu-ray and DVD Release Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/9116-bfi-blu-ray-dvd-release-thread.html)

MrBarlow 25th March 2021 01:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 648553)
I think you might need a strong coffee :lol: this is the BFI thread. :behindsofa:

It came through in the email as BFI ner ner :pound: :behindsofa:

Attachment 232133

Demdike@Cult Labs 25th March 2021 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBarlow (Post 648557)
It came through in the email as BFI ner ner :pound: :behindsofa:

Attachment 232133

I think you were mistaking BFI British Film Institute for Big ****ing Idiot. :pound:

I've moved it for you. :)

nosferatu42 25th March 2021 01:55 PM

https://shop.bfi.org.uk/dvd-blu-ray/...ial-offer.html

There is a Criterion sale at the BFI shop but i had to put Criterion BFI in search engine, it's not that obvious on the website.
I've probably put the link up wrong.

Justin101 25th March 2021 03:42 PM

The same offer is across all retailers, so you can do it at HMV and Amazon for example, I think they're all offering the same products :)

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 25th March 2021 07:39 PM

Thank fek for that Jus....the BFI site's prices are £21.99! :faint:

nosferatu42 25th March 2021 08:52 PM

When you go to checkout it adds the 25 deal.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 26th March 2021 10:37 AM

For a minute there,I thought Jus was a secret millionaire!

Susan Foreman 30th April 2021 10:46 AM

Sales at the BFI shop

Bank Holiday Box Set sale

"Bank Holiday box set bonanza!

This bank holiday we've cut prices on a selected range of BFI Blu-ray and DVD box sets.

Enjoy auteur collections, classic TV series' and cult favourites at great prices, available exclusively at the BFI Shop.

Hurry though - offer ends midnight on Monday 3 May and while stocks last!"

Spring Clean Sale

"As we look forward to the warmer months, we've decided to give our stock room a Spring clean.

We've put together this varied and eclectic range of titles, all at bargain prices while stocks last"

Susan Foreman 6th May 2021 06:23 AM

'Ingmar Bergman: Volume 1' - Limited edition (5,000 units) Blu-ray pre-order available from Amazon UK - £54.99

Release date: July 19

"Presented over 5 discs, the set features 2K restorations of eight early written or directed by Bergman. Including initial partnerships with regular collaborators (such as cinematographer Gunnar Fischer and actor Birger Malmsten), these early works exhibit his burgeoning talents, introducing themes and tones that he would continue to develop over the next five decades"

The films:
  • Torment (Dir: Alf Sjöberg | Scr. Ingmar Bergman, 1944)
  • Crisis (1946)
  • Eva (Dir: Gustaf Molander | Scr. Ingmar Bergman, 1948)
  • Music in Darkness (1948)
  • Port of Call (1948)
  • Prison (1949)
  • Three Strange Loves (1949)
  • To Joy (1950)

Special features:
  • 5-disc Blu-ray set featuring 2K restorations of all 8 films
  • Perfect bound book featuring new essays by Jan Holmberg (CEO of the Ingmar Bergman Foundation), Philip Kemp, Geoff Andrew, Jessica Kiang, Alexandra Heller Nicholas, Kat Ellinger, and Laura Hubner
  • Ingmar Bergman: The Early Years (2021): a new video essay by writer, filmmaker and film journalist Leigh Singer
  • Ingmar Bergman Guardian Interview (1982, 62, audio only): Bergman pays tribute to Alf Sjöberg, the director of Torment, discussing his influence and impact on his own career
  • Newly commissioned artwork by Andrew Bannister

Other extras TBC

Rob4 11th May 2021 11:28 AM

A snippet from BarnDoor on Blurage is that Ben Stoddart of the BFI confirmed that a Short Sharp Shocks 2 was 'very likely'.