Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   The BFI Blu-ray and DVD Release Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/9116-bfi-blu-ray-dvd-release-thread.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 4th August 2022 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 674364)

I'm wondering if they'll collect all of the Gatiss ones for a part 3.

They are the ones i want more than any.

Susan Foreman 16th September 2022 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 673865)
The kiddies favourote!

'Watership Down' (1978) - 4K UHD coming from the BFI

Release date: October 24

More info to be announced

Release postponed until February 27, 2023

MrBarlow 8th November 2022 04:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Pre-Order: Ghost Stories for Christmas: Volume 1 (3-Disc Blu-ray Box Set)

£26.99

Released 5 December 2022

Broadcast in the dying hours of Christmas Eve, the BBC’s A Ghost Story for Christmas series was a fixture of the seasonal schedules throughout the 1970s and spawned a long tradition of chilling tales, which terrified yuletide viewers for decades to come.

This much-requested release gives four landmarks of the series their Blu-ray debut, having been newly remastered by the BFI from original film materials. All based on classic short stories by acclaimed writer MR James, his atmospheric settings and creeping unease are eerily realised in these seminal dramas that unleash evil spirits that will haunt and unnerve.

The Films:

Whistle and I'll Come to You (1968)
The Stalls of Barchester (1971)
A Warning to the Curious (1972)
Lost Hearts (1973)

EXTRAS

Newly remastered by the BFI and presented in High Definition (Limited Edition)
Newly recorded audio commentaries for Whistle and I’ll Come to You (1968) and A Warning to the Curious by TV historian Jon Dear
Newly recorded audio commentaries for The Stalls of Barchester and Lost Hearts by Kim Newman and Sean Hogan
Whistle and I’ll Come to You (2010, 52 mins): John Hurt stars in this 2010 interpretation of MR James’s chilling tale
Jonathan Miller and Christopher Frayling interview (2012, 3 mins)
Neil Brand reads MR James’s original story (2001, 42 mins, audio only)
Ramsey Campbell on MR James (2001, 16 mins)
Ramsey Campbell reads The Guide (2001, 27 mins)
Introductions by Lawrence Gordon Clark (2012, 33 mins total): the director of seven of the BBC’s classic A Ghost Story For Christmas episodes discusses his part in the first three instalments he directed
Ghost Stories For Christmas with Christopher Lee (2000, 60 mins total): BBC Scotland’s ‘talking-head horror’ series starring the iconic actor as an MR James-like raconteur of fireside Christmas ghost stories. Included on this release are The Stalls of Barchester and A Warning to the Curious.

Justin101 9th November 2022 08:16 PM

Lost Hearts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oD4fE0Fn2xY

Mojo 10th November 2022 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 678460)

I think this is one of the best in the series - the ‘ hurry gurdy scene’ is still creeps me out after all these years ! :scared:
Really looking forward to getting this new Blu Ray set.

Justin101 10th November 2022 12:38 PM

I feel the same I absolutely love it :) Very excited to get this and to show my friend who has never seen them before.

Demdike@Cult Labs 10th November 2022 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 678493)
I feel the same I absolutely love it :) Very excited to get this and to show my friend who has never seen them before.

I'm still on the fence. I'll wait and see what else i pick up in the coming weeks before deciding. I'll watch the other ghost stories first for when i inevitably take the plunge.

Susan Foreman 10th November 2022 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 673865)
The kiddies favourote!

'Watership Down' (1978) - 4K UHD coming from the BFI

Release date: October 24

More info to be announced

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 675934)
Release postponed until February 27, 2023

“We regret to announce that, due to external issues beyond our control, the planned UHD/Blu-ray of Watership Down has been cancelled. Cancelling a release is always a last resort but in this instance we are left with no other option. We sincerely apologise for any disappointment.”

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 11th November 2022 07:36 PM

Better re-order the Criterion disc then....:rolleyes:

Susan Foreman 11th December 2022 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBarlow (Post 678408)

Pre-Order: Ghost Stories for Christmas: Volume 1 (3-Disc Blu-ray Box Set)

Review at DVD Compare

""Ghost Stories for Christmas: Volume 1" is a great start in the HD upgrades for the annual series with the initial episodes being remastered and collected in this set. With excellent restorations and having a wealth of informative vintage and new extras, this is easily one of the best if not the best television Blu-ray release of the year with high marks to the BFI."

The Film: A-
Video: A
Audio: A
Extras: A
Overall: A