Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   Vinegar Syndrome (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/9658-vinegar-syndrome.html)

bdc 17th October 2013 06:40 PM

https://scontent-a-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/...77007824_n.jpg

ecc 11th November 2013 04:46 AM

THE BLUE HOUR TRIPLE FEATURE at DVD Drive-in.

ecc 13th November 2013 04:26 AM

GAME SHOW MODELS at DVD Drive-in.

bdc 28th November 2013 07:18 PM

http://vinegarsyndrome.com/launch/wp...BLACK_soon.jpg

bdc 29th November 2013 07:25 PM

Just placed an order. ;)

bdc 30th November 2013 09:15 AM

Most of their Blu Rays have sold out now in their store,maybe more copies will be added?

Rik 20th December 2013 09:54 PM

Coming from Vinegar Syndrome in 2014......
LAST HOUSE ON DEAD END STREET aka THE FUN HOUSE: All we'll say on this is that it is being worked on and handled with the utmost care for a release in 2014. All other details remain CLASSIFIED.

Demdike@Cult Labs 20th December 2013 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 383978)
Coming from Vinegar Syndrome in 2014......
LAST HOUSE ON DEAD END STREET aka THE FUN HOUSE: All we'll say on this is that it is being worked on and handled with the utmost care for a release in 2014. All other details remain CLASSIFIED.

I've never seen this.

Any good?

It can't be any worse than Hooper's The Funhouse.

Rik 20th December 2013 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 383980)
I've never seen this.

Any good?

Not seen it myself, but it's been on "the list" for years

Demdike@Cult Labs 20th December 2013 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 383981)
Not seen it myself, but it's been on "the list" for years

Hopefully when its released someone on here may buy it and review it.

Rik 20th December 2013 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 383982)
Hopefully when its released someone on here may buy it and review it.

Nosferatu42 posted that he'd picked up the UK Tartan edition yesterday, so hopefully he'll post his thoughts when he watches it :nod:

mr 420 20th December 2013 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 383980)
I've never seen this.

Any good?

I love this demented gem! It has a unique, unsettling atmosphere. The definition of grindhouse, IMO.

It will be very interesting to see just what VS do with this release. IIRC, they found a negative with the LHODES title? :coolblue:

Edit: It was The Fun House as the title on the cans.

PaulD 21st December 2013 01:09 AM

I've had the Tartan DVD for a while now and must get around to watching it.

mr 420 21st December 2013 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 383991)
I've had the Tartan DVD for a while now and must get around to watching it.

Put it to the top of your pile, Paul. You won't be dissapointed. :nod:

Boo Radley 21st December 2013 10:03 AM

LHODES on Blu ray!! Wow!:cool:
Someone asked is it any good? Yes and no! It's a weird hybrid of a film. Mr 420 said it was the epitome of grindhouse and he hit it on the head.
It has a very unsettling atmosphere, grungy and dirty, a film where anything might happen next and you know it won't be good! Low budget, technically inept with terrible dialogue, think the bastard son of Thundercrack and Snuff and you won't be far wrong!
You'll either love it or hate it. Defo purchase day 1!!:nod:

Pete 21st December 2013 04:24 PM

They're also releasing Graduation Day, Sugar Cookies, and The Jekyll and Hyde Portfolio.

https://www.facebook.com/vinsyn/posts/740997525928445:0

Quote:

SUGAR COOKIES: Our first 4k restoration!

GRADUATION DAY: Another definite 4k restoration, probably releasing around Halloween...

NAKED ZOO: A fun flick if you're down for some Rita Hayworth and Canned Heat!

THE JEKYLL AND HYDE PORTFOLIO: Hey no matter what, we won't charge you $2000.00 for a VHS copy on ebay...

PEEKARAMA: A new line of pure X rated features, many to be announced soon, the first of which will feature ABDUCTION OF AN AMERICAN PLAYGIRL & WINTER HEAT...available for pre-order at vinegarsyndrome.com!

Make Them Die Slowly 21st December 2013 11:05 PM

I quite like "The Jekyll and Hyde Portfolio". It's not unlike a poor man's Andy Milligan film.:shocked:

Demdike@Cult Labs 21st December 2013 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly (Post 384105)
I quite like "The Jekyll and Hyde Portfolio". It's not unlike a poor man's Andy Milligan film.:shocked:

Is this actually possible?

SharonLynette 22nd December 2013 02:16 PM

I've only just noticed their stuff in the last few months but I have ordered one or two, and have at least one on my Christmas wishlist. I like the packaging :p

Jinx_Barkman 22nd December 2013 04:56 PM

LHODES....on blu-ray?:woot: If you like dirty and grimey cinema that isn't the most technically proficient then you'll love it.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 24th February 2014 05:18 AM

http://i60.tinypic.com/fc7480.jpg

Interesting...

BAKA 24th February 2014 12:20 PM

Hope it's not something I want.

Are they customs friendly for UK customers, out of interest? In chance it will be something I want.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 24th February 2014 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 393871)

No updates B.E.?

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 24th February 2014 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 393941)
No updates B.E.?

Yep:

https://fbcdn-photos-b-a.akamaihd.ne...55683264_n.jpg

BAKA 17th June 2014 09:15 AM

Just putting this out there, incase anyone like me, had no idea they did this. But Vinegar Syndrome have a range of free downloads available on their site (you can donate if you like). The most recent added is a new restoration of SILENT NIGHT, BLOODY NIGHT.

I'm curious if anyone has used VS direct to buy BDs or DVDs, and if they're customs friendly?

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 17th June 2014 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BAKA (Post 407416)
I'm curious if anyone has used VS direct to buy BDs or DVDs, and if they're customs friendly?

I have and they are. :nod:

BAKA 17th June 2014 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 407443)
I have and they are. :nod:

I did actually realise after posting that, what I wanted (the Limited Edition Runaway Nightmare BD) was just under the threshold anyway, so I ordered it. But it's good to know for future orders, thanks.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 19th September 2014 06:59 AM

Very interesting announcement from Vinegar Syndrome:

Quote:

IMPORTANT NEWS:

In early 2015, the creators of Vinegar Syndrome will be launching Etiquette Pictures, a new home video label. Whereas Vinegar Syndrome is focused on preserving and releasing all forms of exploitation and forgotten weird cinema, Etiquette Pictures will be devoted to the preservation and distribution of unique, offbeat, and significant experimental films, documentaries and independent features, as well as some contemporary works. As with Vinegar Syndrome, the sole condition of the selected titles is that they must have been shot on and restored from film elements.

Among the titles Etiquette Pictures has secured for 2015 are James M. Harris' bizarre adaptation of Sleeping Beauty, SOME CALL IT LOVING, David Burton Morris' Minneapolis shot drama, LOOSE ENDS, and a collection of the short films and features of Jon Moritsugu.

However, Etiquette’s debut release will be Lawrence Schiller and L. M. Kit Carson's 1971 documentary masterpiece, THE AMERICAN DREAMER, which chronicles the production of Dennis Hopper's THE LAST MOVIE. Presented in partnership with and with proceeds benefiting The Walker Art Center in Minneapolis, MN, to help further preserve their cinema archive.

While specifics are still being worked out, Etiquette’s inaugural release is scheduled for January 2015. Titles will be released initially as limited special-edition Blu-ray/DVD combo packs, exclusively available through the Etiquette Pictures website and select retailers. After the initial run sells out, titles will be re-pressed in a general release version and sold through all major retailers.

Etiquette Pictures
contact@etiquettepictures.com

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 13th October 2014 07:15 AM

Coming in November:

http://dv1.us/p1/469/231469-d0.jpg http://dv1.us/p1/470/231470-d0.jpg

mr 420 13th October 2014 07:32 AM

I see that they (VS) are working on one of my favourite adult films of all time, Hot Summer In The City. I can't wait to see the reviews for it when it comes out, because even nearly forty years later, I think that many people will still find out it's far stronger meat than they can handle.

Make Them Die Slowly 13th October 2014 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr 420 (Post 421160)
I see that they (VS) are working on one of my favourite adult films of all time, Hot Summer In The City. I can't wait to see the reviews for it when it comes out, because even nearly forty years later, I think that many people will still find out it's far stronger meat than they can handle.

Are you good at handling the strong meat then...

mr 420 14th October 2014 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly (Post 421171)
Are you good at handling the strong meat then...

MTDS!, how many times to I have to tell you? You're not in prison anymore and there are OTHER ways to make friends. :nod: :)

Rondadoronron 14th October 2014 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr 420 (Post 421331)
MTDS!, how many times to I have to tell you? You're not in prison anymore and there are OTHER ways to make friends. :nod: :)

Yes but they often include Rohypnol,although i see MTDS as more of Reg Christie( i just watched 10 Rillington Place MTDS would be my main contender if they remade it)

Make Them Die Slowly 14th October 2014 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rondadoronron (Post 421383)
Yes but they often include Rohypnol,although i see MTDS as more of Reg Christie( i just watched 10 Rillington Place MTDS would be my main contender if they remade it)

Remake the film or remake real life? I am good either way.

Rondadoronron 14th October 2014 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly (Post 421384)
Remake the film or remake real life? I am good either way.

I cant believe that he sticks about three dead bodies behind a wooden door to a cellar then wallpapers over it,and them leaves the house,Im assuming you would be more cunning if you ever go postal and run amock.

Demdike@Cult Labs 14th October 2014 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rondadoronron (Post 421387)
I cant believe that he sticks about three dead bodies behind a wooden door to a cellar then wallpapers over it,and them leaves the house,Im assuming you would be more cunning if you ever go postal and run amock.

What do you mean IF?

They haven't caught him yet have they?

Jinx_Barkman 14th October 2014 11:07 PM

Can anyone tell me who's seen it, is Pretty Peaches worth the price of admission?

Also, is it just me or is that Christmas Evil art an abomination? I think that is the first VS cover art that I've truly despised.

mr 420 15th October 2014 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jinx_Barkman (Post 421442)
Can anyone tell me who's seen it, is Pretty Peaches worth the price of admission?

Also, is it just me or is that Christmas Evil art an abomination? I think that is the first VS cover art that I've truly despised.

Pretty Peaches is an absolute classic and well worth buying. Desiree Cousteau's best role, IMO. An eye watering experience, if you know what I mean. :eek: :)

Jinx_Barkman 15th October 2014 08:42 PM

I might pick it up depending on funds, so many things getting released in the next few weeks/months that I want.

Demoncrat 16th October 2014 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 394047)

Ooooh. Will I never be solvent again??