Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   Scream Factory/Shout Factory (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/9717-scream-factory-shout-factory.html)

VeZius 2nd July 2015 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordicdusk (Post 455071)
I have heard that there are sound problems with Body Bags has only one else experienced this?

Yeah there definitely is, at least in the first segment of the movie which takes place in the gas station. I think it stopped after that, or then I just got used to it. :rolleyes:

Anyway, the problem is that sometimes the dialogue "breaks up" I don't know what to call it, but it's like something you would hear in some very old movie from the 30's sometimes.

It didn't ruin the movie for me, but it was a bit weird to have that kind of problem in such a recent movie, and in something that's supposed to be a very luxurious edition!

Still absolutely love this release though, been waiting to be able to get this movie since I was a kid. So happy SF released it, even though it's a bit flawed.

Nordicdusk 2nd July 2015 10:37 PM

Thanks Vez i didnt want to pick it up if it ruined the film.

Susan Foreman 16th July 2015 03:28 PM

Scream Factory are releasing a Blu-Ray edition of Wes Craven's 80s horror 'Shocker' in September

Special Features:
  • NEW! Audio Commentary with director of photography Jacques Haitkin, co-producer Robert Engelman, and composer William Goldstein
  • NEW! Cable Guy – An all-new interview with actor Mitch Pileggi
  • NEW! Alison’s Adventures – An interview with actress Cami Cooper
  • NEW! It’s Alive – An interview with executive producer Shep Gordon
  • NEW! No More Mr. Nice Guy – The Music of Shocker, featuring interviews with music supervisor Desmond Child and soundtrack artists Bruce Kulik (KISS), Jason McMaster (DANGEROUS TOYS), Kane Roberts (ALICE COOPER) , and Dave Ellefson (MEGADETH)
  • Audio Commentary with writer/director Wes Craven
  • 2 Vintage Making of Shocker featurettes including an interview with Wes Craven
  • Theatrical Trailer
  • TV Spots
  • Radio Spots
  • Original Storyboard Gallery
  • Still Gallery

Full Details Revealed for Scream Factory's Shocker Blu-ray Release - Dread Central

Rik 16th July 2015 04:11 PM

Love that film, but it is weird seeing Walter Skinner as a bad guy :lol:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 16th July 2015 07:48 PM

Anyone recieved DOG SOLDIERS yet?

Fecking love that film.:nod:

VeZius 16th July 2015 09:05 PM

Does anyone know which is the better release for Scanners 2 and 3, Scream Factory double bill or Second Sight's separate releases?

SF releases have 2.0 sound with no subtitles, whilst Second Sight has 5.0 (as well as 2.0) and HoH subtitles. Neither have any extras. This info is from dvdcompare.net.

That's pretty much all info I could find about comparing those two. Blu-ray.com has review of the SF release, which doesn't at least give good score for PQ.

Wonder if I just should stick to my UK DVD boxset if the PQ is that bad?

keirarts 16th July 2015 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeZius (Post 456876)
Does anyone know which is the better release for Scanners 2 and 3, Scream Factory double bill or Second Sight's separate releases?

SF releases have 2.0 sound with no subtitles, whilst Second Sight has 5.0 (as well as 2.0) and HoH subtitles. Neither have any extras. This info is from dvdcompare.net.

That's pretty much all info I could find about comparing those two. Blu-ray.com has review of the SF release, which doesn't at least give good score for PQ.

Wonder if I just should stick to my UK DVD boxset if the PQ is that bad?

The Uk Blu-rays of 2 + 3 look fine. I would assume since they are both on seperate discs that they would look better than the SF one.

VeZius 17th July 2015 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 456879)
The Uk Blu-rays of 2 + 3 look fine. I would assume since they are both on seperate discs that they would look better than the SF one.

You have them? It seems to be cheaper to get the UK ones too, since zoverstocks on Amazon is selling them for really cheap. Under £3 a piece.

Nordicdusk 17th July 2015 03:13 PM

Anyone know if it's possible to get the slip cases anywhere on their own. I have seen a few people on YouTube picking them up not sure from where. I'm pretty sure Halloween 2 and They Live had them but I seem to have missed out on both of those.

Rik 17th July 2015 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordicdusk (Post 456960)
Anyone know if it's possible to get the slip cases anywhere on their own. I have seen a few people on YouTube picking them up not sure from where. I'm pretty sure Halloween 2 and They Live had them but I seem to have missed out on both of those.

Have you tried emailing them? When my DVD of Manchester Morgue arrived with a damaged slip, I emailed Blue Underground and they sent me a new one free of charge, same with Diabolik when my CH blu had a crushed slip.
They might be able to sort you out, if not then they sometimes pop up on eBay :nod: