Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   Scream Factory/Shout Factory (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/9717-scream-factory-shout-factory.html)

Rik 17th November 2012 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowFan (Post 293033)
...Or just fans excited over films that most genre fans have wanted on blu for ages...

How did I know you'd be the first person to comment on my post, you're really starting to bore me now.

fuzzymctiger 17th November 2012 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jinx_Barkman (Post 293042)
They certainly have quality titles coming. The Fog, The Burning, The Howling and Night Of The Comet are all instant purchases for me. I'll wait for Lifeforce to drop in price and I'll get Day Of The Dead if the transfer is a significant leap in quality.

Replace Lifeforce with The Howling, and you've got me

Rik 17th November 2012 10:15 AM

I could be tempted to go multi-region for some of these titles, especially The Fog and The Burning, never seen Night of the Comet, Lifeforce I thought was ok when I saw it many years ago on VHS, The Howling only if it has decent extras(always preferred AAWIL personally) and Day of the Dead really has to be something special because I'm more than happy with my copies from "that English company who aren't as good as the God-like SF"
Overall, I think it's a pretty good announcement for SF fans and with the announcement of The Burning, maybe we might get a BD of it over here in the near future :pray:

Hawkmonger 17th November 2012 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 293094)
The Howling only if it has decent extras(always preferred AAWIL presonally)

Indeed. But The Howling is IMHO THE Werewolf franchise.
And, we all know, Werewolfs > Vampires

Steel76 17th November 2012 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 293072)
I avoided it like the plague, heard some bad stuff about it!

Yeah, the Studio Canal transfer was an upscale of the old DVD transfer.
With severly crushed black levels, so the MGM DVD actually looked better when it comes to shadow details. I heard the MGM HDTV transfer was really good. So I doubt we will be disappointed :)

Rik 17th November 2012 10:24 AM

My local CEX has The Fog on BD for about £5, is it not even worth that much?

Steel76 17th November 2012 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkmonger (Post 293069)
I'm Region free, Biotch!:lol:

Been region free for 3 years now, began with getting a cheap LG BD reader to my HTPC, before I went with a standalone player one year ago. Worked great.

So if your computers can handle 1080p, then I recommend it if you wanna get some region A discs, and don´t wanna fork out for another standalone player :)

Steel76 17th November 2012 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 293098)
My local CEX has The Fog on BD for about £5, is it not even worth that much?

Not if you got the old DVD.
The BD upscale actually looks worse in some parts, as in the black level.
It almost becomes as dark as some of those old VHS tapes from the "good old days" ;)

fuzzymctiger 17th November 2012 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steel76 (Post 293102)
It almost becomes as dark as some of those old VHS tapes from the "good old days" ;)

Ahhh, nothing says "good old days" like a cut to shreds VHS of F13: The Final Chapter converted to 3D with real motion on, on a 50" TV. :tongue1:

The shit that happens when I take a movie to my friends to watch it.

God I get off topic easily.

Rik 17th November 2012 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steel76 (Post 293102)
Not if you got the old DVD.
The BD upscale actually looks worse in some parts, as in the black level.

CEX can keep it then :lol: