Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   Scream Factory/Shout Factory (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/9717-scream-factory-shout-factory.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 25th October 2012 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowFan (Post 286225)
***HALLOWEEN WEEKEND SPECIAL "TRIPLE THREAT" ANNOUNCEMENT TOMORROW!"

Since we love the month of October so much -- and it is the last weekend before Halloween -- we've decided to add THREE titles to our weekly Friday announcement tomorrow for you guys! Hints: All are from the 80s and have never been on DVD before.

Please note: These said films will not show up on our schedule until later in 2013 so we cannot confirm they will be on Blu-ray as we have not seen the masters yet. We say this only to manage expectations. More details on these fun flicks will be presented next year. :-)

Looks like another big announcement from the guys

Never been on dvd before sounds good to me. Very good in fact. :nod: :happy:

Criterion7 25th October 2012 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 286234)
Never been on dvd before sounds good to me. Very good in fact. :nod: :happy:

Thats what I was thinking. If its rare enough that they are unsure if they can go blu then that really really intrigues me.

Demdike@Cult Labs 25th October 2012 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowFan (Post 286238)
Thats what I was thinking. If its rare enough that they are unsure if they can go blu then that really really intrigues me.

There's no point speculating, they could be anything. :clap:

Criterion7 25th October 2012 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 286246)
There's no point speculating, they could be anything. :clap:

True enough. Though I will be racking my brain tonight trying to think of three 80s films that never made it to dvd ever. Heck even Cutting Class got an uncut edition.

Criterion7 26th October 2012 02:27 PM

** EXCLUSIVE SPECIAL "Halloween Weekend" ANNOUNCEMENT**

Cannon films X-RAY (1981 - aka: HOSPITAL MASSACRE with Barbi Benton), SCHIZOID (1980 - starring Klaus Kinski) and THE GODSEND (1980 - starring Donald Pleasence's daughter, Angela) ar
e on tap for a release late in 2013! All three have never been out on DVD before.

Not sure if they are on dvd in the UK but I have been wanting to get my hands on Hospital Massacre and Schizoid for awhile now.

The Godsend too, if its the one I remember!!!

Jinx_Barkman 26th October 2012 03:23 PM

I own all three of those on VHS and will be upgrading for sure. I'll be curious to see whether they get Blu Ray releases or not as I think the only one to have a small cult following is Hospital Massacre. Time to retire the big box!:happy:

Steel76 26th October 2012 03:25 PM

I am so extremely excited about this!

I have been waiting for a proper release of X-Ray/Horror Hospital since I first saw it on VHS many moons ago, and I was wishing that this would be one of the titles :)

I almost gave up on waiting for a disc release and was about to buy a VERY expensive VHS copy on ebay a few months ago ;)

It was released on a german DVD a while back, but that one used an old VHS master and it wasn´t worth it, since my VHS rip almost looked better in many ways.

After the disappointing announcement by Arrow, this sure made my day.
Sorry Arrow, but Scream Factory is beginning to take over the crown ;)

Criterion7 26th October 2012 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jinx_Barkman (Post 286604)
I own all three of those on VHS and will be upgrading for sure. I'll be curious to see whether they get Blu Ray releases or not as I think the only one to have a small cult following is Hospital Massacre. Time to retire the big box!:happy:

Even they don't know if its going blu ray or not, depends on the masters.

This is what I mean by announcing cool obscure titles :-)

I am a big fan of Hospital Masaccre (ahhh barbi Benton)and Schiziod.

If Godsend is the one I'm thinking thats a cool pick up.

Steel76 26th October 2012 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowFan (Post 286606)
This is what I mean by announcing cool obscure titles :-)

Exactly :)

Finally a label that KNOW what the hardcore fans wants, and actually arent afraid of digging around amongst the obcure stuff that hasn´t seen the day since almost 25-30 years :)

Here´s hoping they all get the Blu-Ray treatment, but if not, just having these incredible goodies on DVD will be fine by me :dance::dance::dance:

Criterion7 26th October 2012 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steel76 (Post 286613)
Exactly :)

Finally a label that KNOW what the hardcore fans wants, and actually arent afraid of digging around amongst the obcure stuff that hasn´t seen the day since almost 25-30 years :)

Here´s hoping they all get the Blu-Ray treatment, but if not, just having these incredible goodies on DVD will be fine by me :dance::dance::dance:

They did a deal with MGM that has a load of obscure titles amongst the possibles including ones like Without Warning, The Horror Show, Cellar dweller and a huge list of other cult films in that bundle that could possible be brought out.

Scream is seriously taking the time to put out true genre films that fans want to see, harder to get obscure stuff. I appreciate when a company does that. It shows a lot of respect to the fans.

How is it that this thread hasn't been stickied yet...?????